Thai Logic - Want A Laugh?

Pormax

Public holiday = everybody at home surfing the net = slow internet.

No that was not the problem. Technician came out 1 hour ago and fixed the problem on the tower.

With only 11 users on tower that was never going to be the problem. Especially as village people go to bed at around 9pm and still no internet at 1am.

Edited by Pormax

No that was not the problem. Technician came out 1 hour ago and fixed the problem on the tower.

With only 11 users on tower that was never going to be the problem. Especially as village people go to bed at around 9pm and still no internet at 1am.

And I thought they were such party people. The shows must have started early.

So the villagers were correct. It was Sunday and nobody was working at TOT. The technician came around today and fixed the problem. It is the same at our hotel if problems occur on a Sunday or holiday.

Today is Monday and a public holiday and obviously some people were working today because the OP reports that a technician came out

Well I had several times on TOT, that on holidays there aren't any technician....you call and call, everyone tell yes and nothing happens.

So the village people are logic....they know that on holidays it is pointless to call. But they don't know that TOT has obviously their service improved.

I dumped TOT 6 months ago for there other company CAT great speed, great service, but 6500 bhat a month to me well worth it. No disconnects or slow downs constant quick speeds

Wow over 6,000B a month more than I pay. Wish I had the spare cash to o it.

Meanwhile I have found TOT gives a reasonable service, okay not perfect but remember this is Thailand. My experiences of CAT are in contrast to yours, slow speeds at times losing connection for 3 hrs or more, not notifying or confirming close down of their CDMA service and never taking any action when I had a problem, always blamed the weather, cost 260b a month more than I am now paying. Meanwhile when TOT contacted me on a Thursday said that I could connect to the existing tower in village, I went in the next day paid the money and signed papers. Asked when I could expect wiring done and connection. Was told about a week. Two days later on a SUNDAY the men turned up in the village to run the wire from tower to my house. Told another man would come round in the next 2-3 days to bring modem and check connection. He was at the house 9am on the Tuesday.

Had the problem mentioned in my first post on Bank Holiday Monday, called call centre at 9am problem fixed by 1pm on same day by technician travelling 20kms to village to fix problem on tower, he even called to enquire was connection ok now. So all in all the service was excellent only problem I had was with the call centre trying to make them understand that I had checked some other users in the village and all had the same problem so it was not my computer or modem.

I dumped TOT 6 months ago for there other company CAT great speed, great service, but 6500 bhat a month to me well worth it. No disconnects or slow downs constant quick speeds

You must be getting 100 MBPS for that price?

And a gold plated modem so it looks good on your desk!

• Like 1

6,500 Baht a month for internet. That over $200 a month. That is a lot.

But worth it if you also dump cable TV and rely on streaming and downloads for your entertainment.

Yup you can save 300 Baht a month by dumping cable......well worth it! whistling.gif

But worth it if you also dump cable TV and rely on streaming and downloads for your entertainment.

Yup you can save 300 Baht a month by dumping cable......well worth it! whistling.gif

What package are you getting, North Korean cable?

Actually you save far more than that.

Both gmac and samran are right. The Astro package including Eurosport, Australia Network, zillions of Thai channels, etc. is around 350 Baht a month. This is really popular now. UBC obviously runs well into 4 figures.

I wonder if the 6,500 Baht a month package is the rate for businesses.

Like what kind of speeds? Do they provide a chauffeur? That's really high even for the West unless it's direct fiber optic. For comparison, I get 30 Mbps down and 5 up on cable for less than $75 US and it's very stable with great service. I'm actually shocked.

Have to agree - stupid money for internet.

50Mbps for 2,799pm with True DOCSIS with almost bombproof reliability . . . so far

I think you'll find that the guy who quoted 6,500 Baht per month actually meant 650 per month. No company in Thailand charges 6500.

I chatted with a TOT guy about the 50Mbps option. He reckoned that most computers can only handle up to about 20-30Mbps.

Have to agree - stupid money for internet.

50Mbps for 2,799pm with True DOCSIS with almost bombproof reliability . . . so far

I think you'll find that the guy who quoted 6,500 Baht per month actually meant 650 per month. No company in Thailand charges 6500.

I chatted with a TOT guy about the 50Mbps option. He reckoned that most computers can only handle up to about 20-30Mbps.

Yes they do - a guy from True came to my house offering me 200Mbps (DOCSIS based) internet the other day. It was 9999 a month, including a 'free' Gold TV package and HD channels... No thanks.

And the TOT guy is talking rubbish too!

I go into a local restaurant and everytime I go in I ask for french fries ( wish they did chips) they dont sell them, this goes on and on and no think maybe we should try them? Thai Logic at its best. " We dont do duvets!" springs to mind.

Perhaps we should ask a Thai to define logic?

Wifes Thai logic -

I'll save up money for trip to Thailand by taking all the money out the bank account and hiding it in an envelope in the house.

Meanwhile ..... All direct debits and cheques get refused with loads of banking charges added the account.

When explaining about the banking system she says it OK i've not spent the savings and asks what we want for dinner.....Piceless.

that is exactly what i did.

2200 pm after tax for 30/3 mb connection, 500 for seed box, and all my entertainment comes off the web.

it is marginally less than i paid for true platinum, plus it allows me to make my living from home. Ditching true visions is one of the best decisions i ever made.

with a private tracker seedbox combo and a fast connection i can be watching a 4 gig movie in well under an hour. a 720p tv show takes about 15-20 mins from first click to viewing

Edited by tinfoilhat