Where To Get An Ink Tank For A Printer?

zeekgarcia

I have a Canon Pixma MP568 color ink jet printer and it seems like the Cannon ink cartridges run out very fast with only a few mostly black prints in fast mode. I did not know that a color ink jet printer uses the color cartridges when printing black or I would of tried to find another color printer that only uses black ink when printing in black.

Does anyone know a solution to this?

Also can anyone suggest where I can get someone who knows what they are doing to add an ink tank to this printer?

Several people I have asked that have printers with ink tanks bought them with the tank already and they either hate them or love them.

Thanks

If anybody would know it is the experts at the Pantip Plaza. The place is alive with computer stuff.

Panthip is OK, plenty of INK shops. BUT ... Computer Plaza or Icon Square (northside of moat) both have similar outlets and I have bought OEM ink cartridges there for 25% less than even Panthip.

Pays to shop around when PowerBuy ask 1200 Bt for a 4-pack [Epson] that can be bought elsewhere for 650 Bt !!!

Yup, I bought my Pixma at Pantip, and tanks were added for next to nothing. A new 100ml bottle of ink cost 100THB.

I've heard various stories about the life of photos using these inks when printed and their effect on printer heads, but you'd need to get expert advice on this one.

I always take my printer to fill up the various ink tanks at the Compter Plaza on the Super Highway

Its cheap around 100 ish per tank approx

Shops in Plantip or Icon Plaza also carry out the same service

I cannot be bothered to mess about with the ink, its easier to have them do it

One thing to bear in mind is the shop has to kind of 'chip' the printer to use the tanks. I had a Canon with the colour tanks stuck on the side when I bought it, it was ok but not great, the ink used to have problems getting to the ink head.

An alternative could be a laser cartridge black printer, lasts a lot longer than an Inkjet. You can refill the cartridge once for 500bht, but am being told that Samsung is getting smart on the software contained within the cartridge (a chip) and becoming difficult to refill......not sure how much truth is in this though!

I use a pixma with tank for our office.

I have to say printing is perfect and i only replaced the color cartridge one time in 2 years.

The black cartridge is already in it for 3 1/2 years now.

I don't use it for picture printing so don't know about that.

Bought mine in Pantip Plaza with the tank already installed.

I noticed that they also sell the tanks separate, ground floor.

Good luck.

This week I was sipping a cool one on the buffets in Icon Square, ground floor, I noticed a little lady at a stall (not shop) just to the right.

She had bottles, tanks and cartridges on display. She was helpful, efficient, and offered prices I couldn't refuse:

200B for tanks and fitting kit for my Canon Pixma MP140

300B for the four 100ml bottles of ink

75B each for extra inks

So I paid 650B for the full kit, three bottles of black, and three colours. WIN! That's the price of ONE cartridge in the UK!

I just hope I can make it work when we get back home...