Stupid Two Times

i need serious advice now after being stupid two times already

first at thai embassy in my country i said i don tknow when they ask me if the school i m working for asked single or multi entries for my non migrant b visa..i answered..i dont know..so i got single entry..after that i didn t know that we can buy entry here..so i use documents for visa extension and i got one month only..can t get work permit they said my degree is not high enough so now i want to be sure where i can get a non migrant b multi entries ?Penang?i can t go back my country because lack of money,please i need good advice thanks

be zen

fred

Fred,

Heres the best advice I can give you.

Call your friends or your parents and go back home and get a job there. Save up and then come back in a year or so. Perhaps take some night courses on teaching English.

Thailand is a beautiful and a great place to live if you have money or skills. If you don't, you will find its rather heartless. It will chew you up and it simply put, it won't be a pretty site.

Not the answer you may want to hear and may seem heartless on my advice. I sincerely feel though its the best advice. The timing is not right now. I understand English is not your Mother tongue but the Thai students will appreciate when you get a higher degree for teaching.

Regards

Greg

Fred,

Call your friends or your parents and go back home and get a job there. Save up and then come back in a year or so. Perhaps take some night courses on teaching English.

Thailand is a beautiful and a great place to live if you have money or skills. If you don't, you will find its rather heartless. It will chew you up and it simply put, it won't be a pretty site.

Not the answer you may want to hear and may seem heartless on my advice. I sincerely feel though its the best advice. The Timing is not right now. I understand English is not your Mother tongue but the Thai students will appreciate when you get a higher degree for teaching.

Regards

Greg

Very good advice, indeed.

Fred,

Not the answer you may want to hear and may seem heartless on my advice. I sincerely feel though its the best advice. The Timing is not right now. I understand English is not your Mother tongue but the Thai students will appreciate when you get a higher degree for teaching.

Regards

Greg

He has no hope of getting a visa in Penang. I hope he follows your advice Greg. If not his next major mistake awaits him.

hello dear advisers..thanks

but it the worst thing i can imagine,,first i quit school for working ten years ago

because of money problems have to stop studies and help my mom..so i started to work.be here in thailand was a big dream for me maybe my biggest

i can t give up like this i have money left but want to keep it to start business..but not before one year and yes have few money..maybe i don thvae high degree but have a lot of experience an di speak 4 languages..what a pity that people consider more a piece of paper so for u no chance to have a multi entries in penang?i mean with the documents the school will provide me..i know can get 3 months visa B but want to be sure about the entries

thanks again

Listen to the advice of your peers. Do you honestly feel that your command and understanding of the English language is good enough to become a professional tutor?

Too many "tourists" "teach" English simply as a means to stay in Thailand with little or no skills whatsover to the detriment of the students.

Consider starting a language school then you can hire professionals to do the teaching and maybe even learn a bit yourself.

Lot's of good advice here, but there's one point that worries me - starting your own business, perhaps an English language school.

Maybe you already have good experience in running a business, if you don't, then please don't fall into the well worm trap of thinking that it's easy to start up a business (anywhere). Please don't fall into the trap of thinking that you have enough capital, because you have enough funds for the first months rent.

IT JUST AIN'T THAT EASY.

As far as starting English school, please remember that it's already a very competitive industry in Thailand, and the big operators are expanding all the time, and most, if not all of them, have large amounts of capital.

Also be aware that there are (unfortunately) lots of tourists who believe that they are English language teachers., because they can speak English. And some of them are about as professional / reliabe as a broken leg. There are, of course, also very professional teachers looking for work.

As far as expanding your own education, there are lots of long distance learning programs available, some have little credibility, but some are very credible. Some charge outrageous fees / some are quite reasonable. Suggest you look at ajarn.com and perhaps ask, on that board, for advice or recommendations about long distance providers.

Lots of good luck

dr patpong do u mean that i have no chance to get multi entries in asia?so the only way is go back in europe?i have to decide something...as soon as possible

It is most unlikely that you will get a multi in the Asian region. The US Europe or Australia are possibilities for you.

thanks to all so i think a trip back home will be solution for the visa

by teh way i m not thinking of opeing an english school but well a sport center because i m teaching sport and swimming here...yes in english...but i m not teaching english..i m maybe not a native speaker but i have a lot of experience with kids and even i did t complete my studies i learnt psychology and pedagogy..and primary school teaching..so ...paper will never make you a good teacher..that s my opinion

maybe have few money to invest.....but i dont expect to be rich,,just live a good life here

hi again

befor i go home i want to know if it s easy to buy entries here in bangkok i mean at the immigration soi suan phlu,i think about getting my visa 3 months single entry around thailand and the buy entries here what do u think?will it be ok?

You can't "buy entries" in Bangkok or anywhere in Thailand. The best you can do at an immigrations office is extend your initial 30/60/90 day entry stamp. If you have a non-immigrant 'B' visa, I don't believe Thai immigrations will extend your entry beyond the initial 90 days without a work permit. (Others will correct me if I am wrong about this.)

I dont know how much things have changed the last 2 years but when I was in Phuket in 2001, I forgot to leave the country and had to get a new non immigrant visa B and therefor had to leave the country. I didnt really feel like doing this so my employer called up his contact at Patong immigration and I think I paid something like 12000 THB for a new non immigrant Visa B. Sure that can be expensive esp. if you are a teacher however it may cost a lot if you have to leave the country an reapply.

hi again

befor i go home i want to know if it s easy to buy entries here in bangkok i mean at the immigration soi suan phlu,i think about getting my visa 3 months single entry around thailand and the buy entries here what do u think?will it be ok?

So, obviously, you have difficulty going back home. As much as we can understand that, please follow the original advice.

As soon as you are "ready", I am sure you can come back and everything will be fine,...

You can't "buy entries" in Bangkok or anywhere in Thailand. The best you can do at an immigrations office is extend your initial 30/60/90 day entry stamp. If you have a non-immigrant 'B' visa, I don't believe Thai immigrations will extend your entry beyond the initial 90 days without a work permit. (Others will correct me if I am wrong about this.)

In general a B visa is not extendable for a lengthy period without a work permit.

yes that s what i ve heard today about the entries..it will never extend the length of my visa..i m disppointed because i m qualified to teach swimming have degree wich is rejected because not written bachelor degree..i ve taught thousands a kids and adults about swimming and sport and my schoolis very about my work...i m more disappointed when i see people using fake degree and arestill here...do i have to do the same?does embassy can help if write a letter saying my degree is reconized by the ministry in my country?do the embassy will contact over there or not? i have no problemto go back i have my ticket ready open one year but it sto buy the new one...thanks again

yes that s what i ve heard today about the entries..it will never extend the length of my visa..i m disppointed because i m qualified to teach swimming have degree wich is rejected because not written bachelor degree..i ve taught thousands a kids and adults about swimming and sport and my schoolis very about my work...i m more disappointed when i see people using fake degree and arestill here...do i have to do the same?does embassy can help if write a letter saying my degree is reconized by the ministry in my country?do the embassy will contact over there or not? i have no problemto go back i have my ticket ready open one year but it sto buy the new one...thanks again

Tell us about that degree.....

my degree is certificate of lifesaving and swimming instructor

i have the one from my country wich is recognized by ministry of sport and have international one this certificate allow you to work in all europe and most of the countries in the world,before i was working in an australian group in bangkok ,teaching swimming but never provide any work permit

maybe the problem is that the school apply for me as english teacher but in fact i m teaching swimming and some conversation in kindergarden,a letter from ministry of sport from my country will help?can i have any help from my embassy here? :o

my degree is certificate of lifesaving and swimming instructor

i have the one from my country wich is recognized by ministry of sport and have international one this certificate allow you to work in all europe and most of the countries in the world,before i was working in an australian group in bangkok ,teaching swimming but never provide any work permit

maybe the problem is that the school apply for me as english teacher but in fact i m teaching swimming and some conversation in kindergarden,a letter from ministry of sport from my country will help?can i have any help from my embassy here? :o

Those qualifications are unlikely to get you a work permit in Thailand.

i m more disappointed when i see people using fake degree and arestill here...do i have to do the same?

forget about getting anything fake in thailand as it can come and haunt you if you are caught, possible jail, blacklisted etc.

there was a guy on this forum a few months back that his school got him a fake degree, made him sign papers in thai that it was authentic. now he is in vietnam, and thinks he has a warrant in thailand.

i m more disappointed when i see people using fake degree and arestill here...do i have to do the same?

forget about getting anything fake in thailand as it can come and haunt you if you are caught, possible jail, blacklisted etc.

there was a guy on this forum a few months back that his school got him a fake degree, made him sign papers in thai that it was authentic. now he is in vietnam, and thinks he has a warrant in thailand.

We never heard how he eventually got on did we.