Please Help With Information On Buying A Car In Thailand

Blue Unicorn

My wife in Thailand wants to buy a car. I am back home in the UK so unable to help her. She has her own house and property and wants to buy one on credit. Is it cheaper to borrow from the bank. or do it hire purchase from a car dealer ? Has anyone bought a new car there and if so how much every month does it cost and over how many months. Which car did you buy ? She has three children so I have suggested a space wagon type vehicle. Has anyone purcahsed such a car/van and if so how much did it set you back every month and how much down etc. I would appreciate any information anyone can help me with. Thankyou. I'm thinking Toyota, Honda etc

Edited by Blue Unicorn

My wife in Thailand wants to buy a car. I am back home in the UK so unable to help her. She has her own house and property and wants to buy one on credit. Is it cheaper to borrow from the bank. or do it hire purchase from a car dealer ? Has anyone bought a new car there and if so how much every month does it cost and over how many months. Which car did you buy ? She has three children so I have suggested a space wagon type vehicle. Has anyone purcahsed such a car/van and if so how much did it set you back every month and how much down etc. I would appreciate any information anyone can help me with. Thankyou. I'm thinking Toyota, Honda etc

Blue Unicorn,

it probably depends on the dealer and which models they like to get rid of !

As to Mitsubishi, expect to pay between 3 and 3.5 percent on hire-purchase, while the bank rate is between 9 and 10 !

Don't know about the rates at the other dealers, but do know about the quality of their cars, which

is inferior to the Mitsu.

Hope that helps .

Mike

Blue Unicorn,

it probably depends on the dealer and which models they like to get rid of !

As to Mitsubishi, expect to pay between 3 and 3.5 percent on hire-purchase, while the bank rate is between 9 and 10 !

Don't know about the rates at the other dealers, but do know about the quality of their cars, which

is inferior to the Mitsu.

Hope that helps .

Mike

Thanks Mike. Most helpful.

Currently in Thailand there are only two major sellers in the car field and they are Toyota and Honda. And it is not because the Thai do not know what car is well made. If you go to there websites you will find full price/model/cost/finance information. Discounts are seldom offered but you can usually obtain free items.

Hi,

I went through the process 2 months ago.

If you are in the country, you do not have much choice of dealers.

Decide first of you need a sedan or a pick-up

If sedan go for Honda or Toyota (both from 500k up)

If pick-up go for Toyota, Isuzu, etc (also from 500k for real basic models)

Your wife should not have much problems buying on credit if she is employed. If not she will need to negociate the deposit upwards.

My Thai managed to buy a 1 mio Honda sedan without any money garantee buy paying 30% up front and the rest on monthly ayments of 17k.