Where To Buy An Air Horn In Chiang Mai?

rr000

I need to buy an air horn in Chiang Mai and have tried numerous stores with no result.

Has anyone a concrete idea where to get one?

I am using this forum the first time, so ... if I do something wrong, do not kick my shins!

Robert

post-148959-0-68358000-1355448190_thumb.

post-148959-0-34738300-1355448294_thumb.

'something wrong' in my humble opinion is that horns are not commonly used in Thailand.

This is not the Philippines.

The thought of a compressed air horn used to indictate impatience or frustration seems very negative.

Thanks for all the not really asked for advice on using air horns. You must have much time to waste.

I need the airhorn to use on my premises (big enough) to educate my dog not to jump on visitors to greet them because dogs hate loud and sudden noises as much as some of you seem to. This is a much better method to train a young stubborn hunting dog than hitting it with a stick. Which would teach the dog not to trust you any more.

'something wrong' in my humble opinion is that horns are not commonly used in Thailand.

This is not the Philippines.

The thought of a compressed air horn used to indictate impatience or frustration seems very negative.

I take it that you're a dog lover. wink.png

You can order online from Phuket chandlery shop > http://www.eastmarin...emart&Itemid=64

Wow, excellent!

Unfortunately out of stock at the moment, but I'll call and find out when they will have.

Can't order from West Marine in US (one of my fav stores) as the compressed air canister cannot be shipped legally.

thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Nothing so dark about it, uptheos.

I want to use it to scare the pigeons off my balcony that sh_t everywhere and make a terrible mess.

Tired of jumping up from my chair and madly clapping my hands, and also tired of stooping over like a washerwoman on my hands and knees with a bucket full of soapy water and a scrubber brush.

No dog issue with me, as there aren't too many bothering me on the 11th floor of my apt bldg.

smile.png

• Like 1

I want to use it to scare the pigeons off my balcony that sh_t everywhere and make a terrible mess.

Tired of jumping up from my chair and madly clapping my hands, and also tired of stooping over like a washerwoman on my hands and knees with a bucket full of soapy water and a scrubber brush.

No dog issue with me, as there aren't too many bothering me on the 11th floor of my apt bldg.

smile.png

Couldn't you put some netting up? You can get green netting, doesn't rot in the sun, about 2.5 inch square holes.

smile.png

Couldn't you put some netting up? You can get green netting, doesn't rot in the sun, about 2.5 inch square holes.

Would work at ground level.

Unfortunately, winds this high up would rip netting to shreds. My neighborhood is Tornado Alley for high winds (base of Doi Suthep).

I've almost had sliding glass doors implode here in the last year.

Also the bldg management would not allow it.

But thanks for the kind suggestion.

I have nothing against any animals at all- as a matter of fact I am quite fond of dogs, cats, pigeons, fish, etc.

I just hate the mess and the constant cleanup task....

For the dog, have you considered a shock collar? It puts out a high voltage, low amperage jolt like an electric fence. You can adjust the amount of shock delivered to make it humane. You have a remote to set it off. The good thing about it besides the silence, is that the dog will associate the shock with the item forbidden. The air horn just delivers a general jolt to the nerves but the dog doesn't know why or where it's occurring.

We use them to teach new cattle dogs to stay away from visitors. When the dogs get too close to a visitor's car, or the visitor approaching the house, the shock occurs and the dog believes that visitors must be stayed away from. The same works for the chicken house, etc. It doesn't take long and the collar can come off.

There is another system where a wire is buried in the ground. Its transformer is plugged into household electricity. The dog wears the collar and the wire sets off the collar. It will teach a dog to be confined to an area, or to stay away from an area. Again, before long the collar can come off and the dog never again approaches the perimeter with the wire. Every new dog gets that collar for a while.

Dog shock collar

Perimeter fence