Where To Fill Lpg Tank In Pattaya?

action

Hi,

I use LPG for some industrial equipment, this is not for cooking and not for a car.

When I start up I like to have a full LPG tank. Sometimes my tanks are only half empty but I want to get them filled before I start.

I used to go to the shop on Suk across from Pattaya Bangkok Hospital next to the Jiffy mart. Been going there for years. They would fill my tank and only charge me for what they put in.

Now they have changed owners and also their policy. I went there yesterday and the lady was about as unfriendly as anyone I have ever met in Thailand. There is a flat fee of 270 baht to fill the tank regardless of how empty it is. I'm not even sure they fill them anymore, maybe just exchange them for a new tank like everywhere else. They want you to pay, then get a ticket, then drive around the building through some maze that's almost impossible to do in a full size truck.

A side note, the tanks you get when you exchange are only about 75% or 80% full. That doesn't help me.

Now I need to find a new shop where I can fill my tanks.

Please help! Please please please.. Today I had to drive to Bowin to get my LPG...

http://www.thaivisa....ya-lpg-station/

Is that the same place ?? if they are open again it would be handy to know.

This was the ONLY place to get LPG fills in Pattaya for years! There is a new place on Sukhumvit near the Huay Yai road junction, the guy keeps telling me "soon soon" but i have not been for a few weeks so i don't know if "soon" has arrived or not?

Thanks for the replies to my post. I had not seen that news article either. That is the place I was talking about in my original post for sure.

There are many stations that fill cars, including this one, but they won't fill tanks.

Please keep us posted if another shop opens that fills tanks. I am working on a modification to my equipment so I can use two tanks at once and hopefully burn off the half full bottles. The things we have to do in Thailand... annoyed.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a quick update. I went back the shop mentioned above on Suk to fill my empty tanks. The shop near my house charges 300 baht to exchange so I went back here as the price is 270. They do in fact fill your tank, they do not exchange it for another one. They fill it pretty much all the way so it's more gas than if you exchange. However, they charge the flat fee regardless of how empty your tank is so it's no use going there with a half full tank.

Beware, the lady behind the window where you buy your ticket is one unhappy individual. She got in an argument with the man in front of us so it's not just farhangs. She'll ask you what brand gas tank you have and if you don't know she comes unglued. all 5 people I saw that day didn't know what brand tank they had. As she sat there yelling everyone was looking at each other in silent agreement that this lady is crazy. I just say PPT (porpoltol ?) or Unique Gas regardless of what kind of tank it is. She doesn't check. If you don't like dealing with rude people take someone else with you to buy the ticket.

Again, if anyone knows a shop in town that fills your tank with a metered pump please let me know.

I had to take my ticket around back where they fill it on the scale. However they didn't shut it off when the scale tripped, they left it hooked up until no more gas would go in.

I was just reading another post about laws in Thailand and rules on TV regarding posting negative stuff about people or businesses... I suppose my rant in the previous post may get removed which is fine. In no way was I trying to harm the reputation of this shop or the fine employees they have working there. I will continue to use this shop and am not advising anyone to avoid it. In the future I will keep those comments to myself or to a minimum. I'm not sure how to go back and edit my post.

The guys that fill my tanks are very nice biggrin.png