Someone Close To Me Attacked And Threatened - Advice Needed

sunset24

Dont get it.

Ok, I agree it might not help, but still, isn't law enforcement the first we think about after an assault?

Paying lawyers, in order to figure out what to do after being assaulted?

If innocent, either run away, accept being bullied, or react!

in my modest(and personally nonexistent) knowledge about fights in thailand,guys like him are just noisier when they crash on the floor

First, I made a joke. rolleyes.gif

Second, "Intimidation through imposing appearance" helped often, no fight necessary!

Third, your posting revealed for me, that you posted, unnecessary, as you are clueless and only assume something. tongue.png

yes sure,i appreciate the joke.i will figure it out soon,if the champion of intimidations is a big farang with many tattoos or a crazy thai man and his 10 friends around.

-kaobang-

As far as I know, -Sharky-, who lives in Pattaya since some years, had until now no problems with 1-10 Thais, crazy or not.

(He had a problem with a Canadian, which was discussed on this Forum.)

Also, his 30-40+? Baht Gold on his body, are worth so much, that a Motorbike Taxi driver could take a time out and stop working for a couple of years!

So my idea, "Intimidation through imposing appearance" seems to work in Pattaya! wink.png

If moving her shop to another shopping centre is not feasible then I would suggest that she install some well hidden CCTV cameras inside the shop.

Yes of course.CCTV...clap2.gif

then upload on Youtube the minutes when this bully boyfriend is walking around your friend's shop whistling.gif

• Like 1

If moving her shop to another shopping centre is not feasible then I would suggest that she install some well hidden CCTV cameras inside the shop.

then upload on Youtube the minutes when this bully boyfriend is walking around your friend's shop whistling.gif

Name and shame on youtube, the way forward! Make sure everyone in the Mall sees the vid and spreads the word. Excellent!

Dont get it.

Ok, I agree it might not help, but still, isn't law enforcement the first we think about after an assault?

I accented 'we' in the above quote.

The Lone Ranger and his faithful sidekick Tonto were ambushed by hostile Indians.

"Well Tonto, it looks like we're surrounded!"

"What means we, paleface?"

A foreigner in Thailand is always, first and foremost, a foreigner. Don't expect cultural changes any time soon.

If OP went to the police with this, their first question will be "what has this got to do with you?" and there will be a wellspring of suspicions.

It's not about right and wrong, it's about the host country. Know your place, falang!

Edited by metisdead
: 30) Do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes, added emoticons, or altered wording.

A psuedo 'sale' of the business and install someone to run it.

I do realise that finding such a trustworthy person may not be realistic or possible.

First thought is that this being Thailand the party is over. Pack up and relocate cutting costs as you do.

Any advice regarding intimidating Thais or worse is irresponsible and inviting a catastrope.

Sadly, when Thais decide to mess with you they invariably hold the upper hand as their actions can escalate to both being lawless and violent. With the known history between the two parties there is much to be gained in moving on. After which measures can be constantly taken to adversely affect the other business and its personell; safely from a distance.

Seriously damaging measures.

Seriously ......................... don't mess with the Rohan measures.

Dont get it.

I accented 'we' in the above quote.

The Lone Ranger and his faithful sidekick Tonto were ambushed by hostile Indians.

"Well Tonto, it looks like we're surrounded!"

"What means we, paleface?"

A foreigner in Thailand is always, first and foremost, a foreigner. Don't expect cultural changes any time soon.

If OP went to the police with this, their first question will be "what has this got to do with you?" and there will be a wellspring of suspicions.

It's not about right and wrong, it's about the host country. Know your place, falang!

You seem to be good with words, so it really shouldn ot be unclear to you what I meant when using the word WE.

However, I will try again.

By we, I am talking about the general population.

We as people in a society.

Ok, moving on.

I never said the foreigner should be involved.

Never.

The OP even never said he was involved.

He asked in the first post what we (again the word we), think SHE (the Thai lady) should do.

I apologize as a non-English speaker if it is unclear.

Name and shame on youtube, the way forward! Make sure everyone in the Mall sees the vid and spreads the word. Excellent!

I think we should always be very careful about name/shame people. We never know the impact that can have.

in my modest(and personally nonexistent) knowledge about fights in thailand,guys like him are just noisier when they crash on the floor

First, I made a joke. rolleyes.gif

Second, "Intimidation through imposing appearance" helped often, no fight necessary!

Third, your posting revealed for me, that you posted, unnecessary, as you are clueless and only assume something. tongue.png

yes sure,i appreciate the joke.i will figure it out soon,if the champion of intimidations is a big farang with many tattoos or a crazy thai man and his 10 friends around.

-kaobang-

As far as I know, -Sharky-, who lives in Pattaya since some years, had until now no problems with 1-10 Thais, crazy or not.

Also, his 30-40+? Baht Gold on his body, are worth so much, that a Motorbike Taxi driver could take a time out and stop working for a couple of years!

So my idea, "Intimidation through imposing appearance" seems to work in Pattaya! wink.png

Are you for real ????? This waste of space sharky is a first class idiot who walks along beach road causing problems everyday.. He is just a roid head bully that sleeps with hookers and says he likes animals haha.. Brain dead shark

Interesting to see the feedback here. I think I've already been presented with various options, so this will be the last post on this topic from me. Thanks to those of you who cared to suggest some sensible advice.

As you wrote, advice her to make sure she is not doing anything to make the situation get worse, or escalating out of control.

was it a threat, "or was it an attempted robbery"?

stay out of it, what kind of simps do we have here? certainly ones who have no backup or favors owed when your time comes.

And your advice to the op would be.....

from the details provided it sounds as if the friend has confided which is basically asking for assistance.

if the friendship is valued they should be there to ensure the friend is not harmed if needed.

they are not to enter the friends store if requested. lock the door or prevent entry. the boyfriend is currently testing to see what he can get away with. you must stop this now early on.

if the boyfriend held the lady during an attack and is now coming in alone, i would arm myself in this situation if it were me.

Good advice, and if there were ever a time to have insurance on the goods and premises this would be the time.

Try to sell the business, recover deposit and cost of inventory and get out. The thing to remember about getting physical is that you can be right and still lose. If you do decide to make a stand, be sure not to just get even....get ahead to the extent that they are overwhelmed by the extent of your resources, which may just mean having a puyai pay a call on their residence to let them know that they had better look out for your well being because if you so much as choke on a watermelon seed, he will be back to the house and it won't be to ask questions..And have him take a couple of photos of the house as he leaves.

I'd suggest CCTVs also, but the opposite of well hidden. You want the assailants to know the cameras are there and that they are being videoed anytime they are near.

Are you for real ????? This waste of space sharky is a first class idiot who walks along beach road causing problems everyday.. He is just a roid head bully that sleeps with hookers and says he likes animals haha.. Brain dead shark

-Huayrat-

You possibly not wrong and I am far away to be a Fan from him, I had some unfriendly PM contact with -Sharky- at his old Facebook account.

I wrote he likes only toadies around him and he answered in his "special" style!tongue.png

But, all together, I wrote nothing wrong, show a strong attitude and impress! Does not always work, but usually!

First of all are you her boyfriend or just a friend because just to let you know that this seems to be one of the typical behavior of Thai girls love gossiping especially at work place without a second thinking that their action could bring end up in trouble.Indeed this is one favorite topic among Thais. When you ask them,why do you love to gossip and always like to find fault with people around you and their answer is "this is Thai culture". Do you think so..? I know of a story one neighboring house almost shot one couple staying next door due to tensions caused by this couple but lucky they were spared alive. So my advice to you is the best way is to educate this friend of yours just keep go on with her life instead of bothering people's lives all the time. Many people got harmed because of the kind of mouth they have and many lost their job too also caused by their actions for example 'sparking fires' among working colleagues and company owners. It is not a way of any race culture but it is an act of insecurity thinking one self better than others. So one could start learning by lesson is just don't stare at people and if you noticed something just keep your eyes away and always avoid gossiping at work or even if after work and never get involved in any conversations if you feel it is a "GOSSIP". By following this simple rules she or he will become a better person and you'll always have a good reputation. Its the way to go.........

-sunset24-

If you look same Mr.Tim "Sharky" Ward (photo) and say, at a shopping visit at their shop,

that you are the friend of the woman in problems

and will be a "help"tongue.png in any future misunderstanding and discussion,

maybe the problem would fade away.whistling.gif

Probably, Mr.Ward wants to make a Trip to Bangkok from Pattaya, or passes by on his way from or to the Airport.

He always writes that he has a big heart and likes to help.rolleyes.gif

Shark-man-Pattaya1.jpg

A lovely quiet unassuming bloke who just loves to help the underdog

I have to admit to being paranoid as hell in Thailand.

So when a foreigner gets asked by a Thai, for some advice about a Thai matter I start to think, this will end up with them asking the foreigner for money, She will need to move shop, or need to borrow money to tide her over for the time she is too scared to work, or give up work and move in with you while you support her forever, etc., etc.

This is almost certainly a scam on the OP in progress.

So to the OP, my advice is, don't lend your friend any money, you won't see it again, and don't let her move in 'for protection' unless you want her.

Edited by TommoPhysicist
  • Like 1

A lovely quiet unassuming bloke who just loves to help the underdog

Yes, I think you have to know him well. tongue.png

Always helping, always nice, avoiding conflict. no.gif

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/pattaya-come-for-the-sex-stay-for-the-steroids?fb_comment_id=fbc_106879412801642_33006_107014552788128#f227e6b114

https://www.facebook.com/sharkyvschestbrah?sk=wall

Find connection for example the senior police in that area ask him visit your shop or send the police to stop by , it is hard to stand alone in that situation . If cannot may be think about relocate .

You pay they will