Gift For Mother-In-Law

derge

I'm coming over for another trip to see my my wife and head out to the famil property and see the rest of the family.

My wife asked me to pick a gift for my mother-in-law from Australia before I head over and I'm stumped as to what to get. Anyone have some good suggestions?

I got mine a blue sapphire pendant on a gold chain here in Oz. Wasnt expensive perhaps 200, she loved it. Depends on how much you love her and budget I suppose. Got my FIL a gold Seiko watch. Perhaps 200 again, he loves it and it wasnt a copy! If your going after Christmas then the boxing day sales are good.

A new broomstick?

Kickers that won't disintegrate after he 3rd wash?

ok, I know, childish. Obviously you get along with her. Pop into one of the department stores and ask the cosmetics counter people for help.

At this time of year, they have some decent looking gift boxes. As long as the concoctions are packed in an expensive looking box, the battleaxe will be thrilled.

I presume OP knows his own MIL better than us strangers here in this Forum.

By the way, she is Thai, correct?

What standard of living?

If she is an old farmer lady, I guess kitchen and bathroom stuff is out of the question.

Then there are only thing which is going........money. A funny little cheap gift with some cash inside.

Don't forget the whiskey to FIL, if he is still alive.

I would bring back stuff from Bath and body works or the body shop for my MIL, Friends, etc because I could get items for 3 or 5 for $20 where as it was almost 1 for $20 in Thailand

Coach outlets also sell bags for 3000-5000B in the US, the same bags are worth 8-9 here Classic and something to show off.

Some great suggetions with a few laughs thrown in as well. I bought an aboriginal painting for her which I thught was Oz as well as something she wouldn't be able to get there obviously.

She is a farming lady who owns a number of properties in Chaiyaphum as well as is the deputy school principal.

Love the sound of some opal jewelry for keeping up my sleeve for her birthday or some other occassion.

Cheers to all