Animal Activists Seek Action Against Sattahip Dog Killer

Lite Beer

His reaction was simply too violent. Missus said if there is a dog around the village that keeps making trouble and the owners do nothing then someone will give it something to eat and it will "fall to sleep". For ever.

His reaction was simply too violent. Missus said if there is a dog around the village that keeps making trouble and the owners do nothing then someone will give it something to eat and it will "fall to sleep". For ever.

Exactly , thats what the old man should do ...the local Thai way , then again he chose to complain to the owner , it didn't work , he went to the local cop shop , they brushed him away. Who knows , may be what happened that day was the last straw.

If people would understand dog psychology, they would know it's best to allow dogs to establish thier own pecking order. If a short physical fight occurs, the dogs will survive and they will know where thier boundaries are and will avoid future conflicts on thier own.

Usually the dog owners are the real problem when they refuse to allow natural socialization and ordering to occur. It also reflects poorly on the owner if he or she feels they must protect thier own personal self-image by vindictive behavior after thier dog is defeated (unhealthy personal assimilation of self with thier dog). The problem is self imposed due to the owner having over-protected thier dog instead of allowing conflict to teach thier dog where it stands in the natural pecking order of dog behavior and territory.

Whilst what you say is correct, the establishment of pecking order can result in rabies and a huge vet bill

• Like 1

Agreed, Lemoncake. Sometimes I have a tendency to utter drivel as well, so I can understand your desire to put aside your own. Don''t take it so hard.

Beyond that, I am content to refrain from further dialog with you and your views. Good luck. I turn the last word over to you as far as we are concerned on this thread. woof woof.

we? did you nominate yourself to be a "WE"clap2.gif

None of this would have happened if the Thai owner of the Golden had kept his dog off the PUBLIC street and BEHIND closed gates on HIS OWN property.

Same could be said in vice versa, none of this would have happened if the German was not in Thailand and did not walk his dog past the golden

Your argument is past stupidity. The German has full right to live in Thailand and walk his dog. He proved very responsible in doing so as it was well trained and leashed. The same cannot be said for the <Snip!>, lazy Thai who lets his dog run free and terrorize people and other animals. Dogs on the loose will bite anybody not just Farang. Responsible Thai kids could have been walking their leashed dog and been attacked just the same. I'd like to see your reaction if your butt ended up between the jaws of the Golden.

Edited by metisdead

Do we have to join in "The Farang " bashing as well ? If the German did not come to Thailand ...if he did not walk his dog...

German should go home......thats the way it is ??? No Thanks.

German should have the brain to walk around the problem not into it, common sense reallyrolleyes.gif as for what and who you should join, .... well thats entirely up to you

Should have, yes, but he is, after all, an elderly citizen, and therefore probably a bit behind on things. Let's bring a bit of humanity into this and extend a bit of compassion towards the elderly, whom it is well known are quite easily disoriented and thrown into a state of shock over matter much less than this. Yet the Thais seem to thrive on this cottage industry of baiting the elderly foreigner and laughing afterwards. This is how they extend their welcome to foreign senior citizens who come here to retire. It is a prime example of where Thais place foreigners on the ranking system; below that of dogs.

Understanding dog psychology and all the other vitriol that has been said: there is no responsibility for decent and law-abiding citizens to have to be aware of or accept a burden of a canine infestation and the health and life risks that go with it. Extending a little compassion towards an elderly man, much less a human baby is beyond the extremist views of the so-called activists and the ignorant Thais and places them in league with bloodthirsty over the top terrorists who condone outright murder for the most insane reasons. On the one hand you have the informed who know it and condone it. On the other you have the ignorant who can't put two and two together and come up with enough to strike a match and get a flame.

So I do agree with you, except I believe moreso that this senior citizen walked right into this beehive of trouble innocently, and merely reacted nearly similar to any other senior citizen who is going into a severe state of shock as they are being beset upon by tuk-tuk drivers, jet-ski renters, killer animals or whatever else. Imagine your father or mother in the same circumstance, and then it should become clear what Thailand is to the health of senior citizens who wish to come here to retire.

You come here to retire. You like to take walks with your dog. You are being responsible and minding your own business. You find yourself abandoned and attacked viciously after naively holding the belief that your fellow humans beings would never stoop so low as to side with an animal that is trying to kill you or maim you as they all stand around and watch the elderly man being ripped to shreds and bleeding from severe wounds BEFORE he goes to get his knife. Is it possible that this 65 year old man was in a state of extreme shock? Yes.

No Thai at any time ever recognized this person as an elderly man of the same species. They never once recognized the mounting situation and took it upon themselves to extend a kind and helping hand or make any attempt to deflate the situation before it escalated into the inevitable, and the Thais I am sure knew what was coming. They are lower than this dog in my estimate as they have cultured a breed of creatures that reflect their inability to react preemptively to humans with compassion in times of necessity and trouble.

The Thais let this happen in their own ignorance. I do not even give them the credit of being cognizant of the fact that they should be able to distinguish a man from an animal and make the right choice. Then the BIB come and perform clean up and rake in the THB while he is still confused and probably in a state of after-shock. Added to that is the rabble outside his home who are furthering a cause that suggests that Thais are not ready to be considered as a developed country for another thousand years or so.

I support my views with this article, which suggests some possible reasons perhaps that the dogs here breed and behave the way they do. The views of the VIPs and Commando personnel reflect some of what I am emphasizing.

To have a culture reduce a respectable, aging senior citizen from another country into a panic stricken, gibbering man in an (in all likelihood) extreme state of shock, and who is bleeding from sever wounds inflicted by a feral dog, and to "witness" it all without raising a finger, and then to be charged by the noble police for damaging property and animal abuse is the most reprehensible thing I can think of at the moment. Added to this reprehensible act, these animals then turn out by the dozens and harass this man right in front of his home, and the same police allow it to happen and raise no finger to put an end to it. That, my friends, is the height of debased human behavior, lack of reasoning and misplaced compassion.

This nuisance comes from the cultural understanding of use of public space. People blare music during the time to celebrate kids going to the temple.

No one lifts a finger or complains. People dump refuse, no one complains. People let their dogs crap outside their houses, no one complains. Kids ride around in cycle gangs at 3am, no one complains. People block whole roads for wedding parties, no one complains.

We farangs understand that public areas are there to be used, but not abused to anyone detriment. Public areas in Thailand are not policed by social understanding, but with what you can get away with.

Edited by Thai at Heart
  • Like 1

None of this would have happened if the Thai owner of the Golden had kept his dog off the PUBLIC street and BEHIND closed gates on HIS OWN property.

Same could be said in vice versa, none of this would have happened if the German was not in Thailand and did not walk his dog past the golden

Your argument is past stupidity. The German has full right to live in Thailand and walk his dog. He proved very responsible in doing so as it was well trained and leashed. The same cannot be said for the <Snip!>, lazy Thai who lets his dog run free and terrorize people and other animals. Dogs on the loose will bite anybody not just Farang. Responsible Thai kids could have been walking their leashed dog and been attacked just the same. I'd like to see your reaction if your butt ended up between the jaws of the Golden.

yes he does have the full right to live here just as he has the right to walk his dog, what he does not have is the right to expect for locals to change their ways.

It is his responsibility to "fit in" and work around the problem, not work right in to it.

It further proves the point when he files law suit for 300 000 for dog bites sustained during killing the animal.

people get less than that for loosing a leg or both.

if you want to defend his actions, sure go right ahead, but i do not and it is my choice, and if you do not like it- too bad, better find a way to get over it.

Do we have to join in "The Farang " bashing as well ? If the German did not come to Thailand ...if he did not walk his dog...

German should go home......thats the way it is ??? No Thanks.

German should have the brain to walk around the problem not into it, common sense reallyrolleyes.gif as for what and who you should join, .... well thats entirely up to you

Should have, yes, but he is, after all, an elderly citizen, and therefore probably a bit behind on things. Let's bring a bit of humanity into this and extend a bit of compassion towards the elderly, whom it is well known are quite easily disoriented and thrown into a state of shock over matter much less than this. Yet the Thais seem to thrive on this cottage industry of baiting the elderly foreigner and laughing afterwards. This is how they extend their welcome to foreign senior citizens who come here to retire. It is a prime example of where Thais place foreigners on the ranking system; below that of dogs.

Understanding dog psychology and all the other vitriol that has been said: there is no responsibility for decent and law-abiding citizens to have to be aware of or accept a burden of a canine infestation and the health and life risks that go with it. Extending a little compassion towards an elderly man, much less a human baby is beyond the extremist views of the so-called activists and the ignorant Thais and places them in league with bloodthirsty over the top terrorists who condone outright murder for the most insane reasons. On the one hand you have the informed who know it and condone it. On the other you have the ignorant who can't put two and two together and come up with enough to strike a match and get a flame.

So I do agree with you, except I believe moreso that this senior citizen walked right into this beehive of trouble innocently, and merely reacted nearly similar to any other senior citizen who is going into a severe state of shock as they are being beset upon by tuk-tuk drivers, jet-ski renters, killer animals or whatever else. Imagine your father or mother in the same circumstance, and then it should become clear what Thailand is to the health of senior citizens who wish to come here to retire.

You come here to retire. You like to take walks with your dog. You are being responsible and minding your own business. You find yourself abandoned and attacked viciously after naively holding the belief that your fellow humans beings would never stoop so low as to side with an animal that is trying to kill you or maim you as they all stand around and watch the elderly man being ripped to shreds and bleeding from severe wounds BEFORE he goes to get his knife. Is it possible that this 65 year old man was in a state of extreme shock? Yes.

No Thai at any time ever recognized this person as an elderly man of the same species. They never once recognized the mounting situation and took it upon themselves to extend a kind and helping hand or make any attempt to deflate the situation before it escalated into the inevitable, and the Thais I am sure knew what was coming. They are lower than this dog in my estimate as they have cultured a breed of creatures that reflect their inability to react preemptively to humans with compassion in times of necessity and trouble.

The Thais let this happen in their own ignorance. I do not even give them the credit of being cognizant of the fact that they should be able to distinguish a man from an animal and make the right choice. Then the BIB come and perform clean up and rake in the THB while he is still confused and probably in a state of after-shock. Added to that is the rabble outside his home who are furthering a cause that suggests that Thais are not ready to be considered as a developed country for another thousand years or so.

I support my views with this article, which suggests some possible reasons perhaps that the dogs here breed and behave the way they do. The views of the VIPs and Commando personnel reflect some of what I am emphasizing.

To have a culture reduce a respectable, aging senior citizen from another country into a panic stricken, gibbering man in an (in all likelihood) extreme state of shock, and who is bleeding from sever wounds inflicted by a feral dog, and to "witness" it all without raising a finger, and then to be charged by the noble police for damaging property and animal abuse is the most reprehensible thing I can think of at the moment. Added to this reprehensible act, these animals then turn out by the dozens and harass this man right in front of his home, and the same police allow it to happen and raise no finger to put an end to it. That, my friends, is the height of debased human behavior, lack of reasoning and misplaced compassion.

yes we could look for excuses and explanations and everything else, the hard reality is it was his choice to move to Thailand, with migration comes its difficulties, assimilation and much more.

If it is hard for him to assimilate into a culture, perhaps its best he stays in the country where he was raised and familiar with all the customs and culture.

Yes the thai family should have kept the dog locked up by Western standards, but by Thai mentality they were there first and had a dog. Their dog did not cause any trouble for anyone, but if it did, no one complained. UNTIL the German appeared.

So the problem happened with German coming into the picture, therefore in Thai way of thinking it was him who created the problem and he who should deal with it.

It is really irrelevant what you or he or i think or say about the situation, because this is the way things work around here and it will not change.

The German should write his autobiography, titled, How To Gain Friends and Influence People.

These inhospitable types are not wanted here, deport him back to the Farangland and let him and his cuddly Rottenweiler become someone else’s problem.

it's good to know that sorry Farang clowns are not in charge of Immigration and deportation tongue.png

But, I think, there are "Clowns" in charge of complicate immigration laws!

In the creation of immigration laws, paragraphs, which often completely, unnecessary obstacles and delays the process

and can be described as harassment! wink.png

None of this would have happened if the Thai owner of the Golden had kept his dog off the PUBLIC street and BEHIND closed gates

on HIS OWN property.

None of that, would have happened, if the German owner of the Rotti, had kept his dog off the PUBLIC street and BEHIND closed gates on HIS OWN property!

He could have driven the dog to some "FREE SURROUNDINGS" and let him run FREE there.

A possibility of appeasement, tongue.png

Edited by ALFREDO

Yes, well what it really boils down to is that you cannot argue with an idiot

If we were certain that there were no more people on this planet such as this GERMAN and his GERMAN children, we would commit suicide and turn this planet back over to these poor beset upon beasts.

God rest their merry doggie souls, and may they forgive us for existing.

Your above sentences are not so wrong. tongue.png

The Golden Retriever, did harass the Rottweiler, because he never stumbled over a Rotti who is such a wimp!

The German did not like the Golden Retriever, because he would have liked, that his Rotti would be brave same the Golden R.

The Golden R. could be not so vicious and bad, as I would assume, the other Thai neighbors would have dealt with that problem already!

Just same with children, a weak one gets teased and special a big strong looking subject who is weak!

So the Golden R. came always back.

The German was frustrated, should have bought a second, different strong minded dog! wink.png

Edited by ALFREDO

I think the hostility toward the German guy comes from the fact that he standed his ground and didn't hesitate to defend his dog, and would probably have not hesitated to do the same to protect either his family or his home. That put to shame all those who prefer to keep "low profile" because they will never have the courage to do the same for their friends and family.

Regarding the dumb comments about "pecking order", as far as my dogs are concerned, I'm the alpha dog and as such if they are trouble I will be there for them. People who think differently never had a dog and should never be allowed to have one.

I find it difficult to believe that a family pet (which is essentially what this animal was) would be so out-of-control as to attack anyone passing on the street.

You live in Thailand & make the above comment! How many working Thai's do you observe practicing "exercise, discipline and affection" for their dogs. Affection yes, but rarely exercise and discipline. Normally left alone all day on premises, let out once a day to defecate in the street is the maximum exercise & absolutely no discipline training for behaviour such as constant barking and so on. Affection for 10/15 minutes when they come home to feed the "family pet".

Go to dog-animal clinic hospital in a bigger city, as I see it at Khon Kaen Private animal hospital.

Open all year, from 8-9 Am to 11 PM ! so much work is there!

There you find the Thai animal-dog lovers who spend money for their loved ones!coffee1.gif

The blame really lies with Thai governing and the lack of a system that encourages responsibility such as dog registration. Until The powers that be educate dog owners and regulate their control then incidents like this will continue to occur daily.

I would also be interested what geniene commitment to animal welfare the angry mob outside his home has, If they were'nt so busy with thier xenophobic escapedes then they could be doing something proactive such as sterilising stray dogs, etc.

My wife has had two nasty motorcycle accidents due to stray dogs. Lucky either was'nt worse.

Thais beat their dogs. They neglect them, the burn them and they eat them. They stab them and hack them to death with machetes. They kick them and starve them. They over breed them and then sell them to others who wish to purchase them to further the abuse.

But the Thais who do that, are a minority group. You writing same that that would be part of the Thai culture.

Go in an animal clinic, a private one in a bigger city, even in Isaan, Khon Kaen.

Expensive it is, but Thais not care who love their animals! And I see there, a lot do!

The Thais who eat them are as far as I know in Eastern Isaan, Sakhon Nakhon and provinces nearby.

I live in the neighboring Udon Thani province and Chayaphum province in the country side since 1998

and never saw or heard one of your above statements.

Except the "neglecting people" they are widespread. sad.png

The protesters passed Tony's animal shelter on their way to Sattahip. I'm sure it has been a topic many times in this forum, no need to pull the links again. It's a showcase for PETA, animal abuse on a grand scale. I guess that if our Thai heroes had visited this place with their silly signs, Tony's employees would have given plenty of business to the local hospitals. Easier to bully a single old man.

The blame really lies with Thai governing and the lack of a system that encourages responsibility such as dog registration. Until The powers that be educate dog owners and regulate their control then incidents like this will continue to occur daily.

I would also be interested what geniene commitment to animal welfare the angry mob outside his home has, If they were'nt so busy with thier xenophobic escapedes then they could be doing something proactive such as sterilising stray dogs, etc.

My wife has had two nasty motorcycle accidents due to stray dogs. Lucky either was'nt worse.

Until the child of someone on top gets hurt nothing will change.

Mr. Alfred Gatt, aged 65.

Maybe it was only a publicity stunt?

Before the incident,-No Google Record- as it seems.

After the incident, look yourself.

His family will be proud in Germany, that they are now well known in Google at least! whistling.gif

https://isearch.avg.... germany&snd=pg

Edited by ALFREDO

Until the child of someone on top gets hurt nothing will change.

Thai people, but special Thai women do not know how to drive anyway!

Teach her how to drive, be on the look out and prepared and how to react when a dog is crossing the road to near or chasing her,

not complain and do nothing!

One accident should have been enough! If not, the third will come! rolleyes.gif

Edited by ALFREDO

None of this would have happened if the Thai owner of the Golden had kept his dog off the PUBLIC street and BEHIND closed gates

on HIS OWN property.

None of that, would have happened, if the German owner of the Rotti, had kept his dog off the PUBLIC street and BEHIND closed gates on HIS OWN property!

He could have driven the dog to some "FREE SURROUNDINGS" and let him run FREE there.

A possibility of appeasement, tongue.png

So what you and possible lemoncake are saying is that the German has no rights to walk his trained and leashed dog in a public area but a Thai has the right to allow his vicious dog to run free and attack people and their property. Really? You must be kidding.

All people all over the world are changing. When one lives in a crowded society such as a, western style, housing estate in an urban city like Sattahip one would expect people to change their attitudes from that of the simpler open areas of rural Thailand. Part of that attitude changing should be consideration for your neighbors. As Thailand progresses so should its attitude. I fully believe that my neighbors are far more important than myself. I do not wish to disturb them or create any nuisance towards them. Consequently I keep my radio and TV volume low and my dog behind my closed gate during the day and inside the house during the night. If the Golden's owner had shown some consideration for his neighbors, Thai or Farang, then he would not have let his dog roam free on the street. Instead the guy has proven to be nothing less than inconsiderate. Rather than take responsibility for exercising his dog by taking it for leashed walks (as the German was doing) he instead takes the lazy approach and opens his gate to allow it to run free. It is all very well to say "when in Rome" but what about living in the 21st century. You, lemoncake, and the Golden's owner cannot justify his inconsiderate actions on that is the way it was. This is 2012, not 1912, and we have to be more considerate of other people and stop being totally selfish.

You say the German should "fit in". I say it is the Thai, living in a modern, crowded, westernized, housing estate that should fit in and remember that he is no longer living in a grass hut in the middle of a rice field.

The law suit was in retaliation to the Golden's owners charges. I believe it is called a counter-suit. Had the Thai not pressed charges the German wouldn't have either. The 300,000 asked for may be stupid but so is the Thai's claim. Ask for something stupid and you'll get something stupid back.

I am not defending the German's actions. What I am defending is the right for people to be able to walk, with or without their leashed dog, freely and unhindered along a public street WITHOUT being harassed by some vicious pet or mangy mutt on the loose. ALL DOGS SHOULD BE BEHIND CLOSED GATES IN URBAN AREAS UNLESS ON A LEASH.

Thai ate truly blessed with your presence in their country.

You are joking right?

You can not possibly be saying that because Thai lives in a townhouse they should adopt western ways?

You can not possibly be saying that in an estate filled with Thai and I foreigner , the Thai should change?

What you feel and how you treat people does not mean Thai should do the same, even though you deeply believe so.

As I have said many times, German could take his dog out of the estate for walks, bring a squirt gun or look for other alternatives instead of having same thoughts as you that Thai should change for him.

If you can not handle migration stay in your home country because no one owes you anything and if one does not have enough brain cells to think, there is no one to blame but one's self

PS. You call sathahip urban ? Have you been there? It's a navy town, certainly designed for navy personnel not a German expat

PPS. Hope you have sent out a memo already to all the Thai living in estates advising them to adopt western way of thinking and if they do not change to go back to villages .

PPPS. So far I have seen only savagely murdered dog by the German and no evidence or witnesses of his dog injury from the so called attacks nor is there any witnesses to his injury being caused by golden prior to him brutally killing the dog. Funny that no witnesses at all and no medical bills to show

Edited by lemoncake

All people all over the world are changing. When one lives in a crowded society such as a, western style, housing estate in an urban city like Sattahip one would expect people to change their attitudes from that of the simpler open areas of rural Thailand. Part of that attitude changing should be consideration for your neighbors. As Thailand progresses so should its attitude. I fully believe that my neighbors are far more important than myself. I do not wish to disturb them or create any nuisance towards them. Consequently I keep my radio and TV volume low and my dog behind my closed gate during the day and inside the house during the night. If the Golden's owner had shown some consideration for his neighbors, Thai or Farang, then he would not have let his dog roam free on the street. Instead the guy has proven to be nothing less than inconsiderate. Rather than take responsibility for exercising his dog by taking it for leashed walks (as the German was doing) he instead takes the lazy approach and opens his gate to allow it to run free. It is all very well to say "when in Rome" but what about living in the 21st century. You, lemoncake, and the Golden's owner cannot justify his inconsiderate actions on that is the way it was. This is 2012, not 1912, and we have to be more considerate of other people and stop being totally selfish.

You say the German should "fit in". I say it is the Thai, living in a modern, crowded, westernized, housing estate that should fit in and remember that he is no longer living in a grass hut in the middle of a rice field.

The law suit was in retaliation to the Golden's owners charges. I believe it is called a counter-suit. Had the Thai not pressed charges the German wouldn't have either. The 300,000 asked for may be stupid but so is the Thai's claim. Ask for something stupid and you'll get something stupid back.

I am not defending the German's actions. What I am defending is the right for people to be able to walk, with or without their leashed dog, freely and unhindered along a public street WITHOUT being harassed by some vicious pet or mangy mutt on the loose. ALL DOGS SHOULD BE BEHIND CLOSED GATES IN URBAN AREAS UNLESS ON A LEASH.

You are joking right?

You can not possibly be saying that because Thai lives in a townhouse they should adopt western ways?

You can not possibly be saying that in an estate filled with Thai and I foreigner , the Thai should change?

What you feel and how you treat people does not mean Thai should do the same, even though you deeply believe so.

As I have said many times, German could take his dog out of the estate for walks, bring a squirt gun or look for other alternatives instead of having same thoughts as you that Thai should change for him.

If you can not handle migration stay in your home country because no one owes you anything and if one does not have enough brain cells to think, there is no one to blame but one's self

PS. You call sathahip urban ? Have you been there? It's a navy town, certainly designed for navy personnel not a German expat

Depends in which Moo Baan you reside. Some with mixed Thai & foreigner residents do have a management contract that specifically states residents must have a dog on a leash and required to clean up after the dog defecates and so on. Obviously requires due diligence to ensure that regs are actually enforced. This is in Pattaya. If you willing to live in an environment with dog crap everywhere, unending dog barking etc amongst uncaring Thais, or indeed foreigners, then you're right - shut up or move.

Edited by simple1

Thai ate truly blessed with your presence in their country.

You are joking right?

PPS. Hope you have sent out a memo already to all the Thai living in estates advising them to adopt western way of thinking and if they do not change to go back to villages .

PPPS. So far I have seen only savagely murdered dog by the German and no evidence or witnesses of his dog injury from the so called attacks nor is there any witnesses to his injury being caused by golden prior to him brutally killing the dog. Funny that no witnesses at all and no medical bills to show

Thais do seem to like me because I have bothered to learn their language and their culture. They also appreciate my point of view, (be considerate of your neighbors), when it comes to living in crowded places such as western style housing estates.

I'm not joking at all.

I never said Thais should adopt western ideals. I did say that in crowded western style housing estates one needs to be considerate of ones neighbors. You and the Golden's owner seem to fail to grasp this thinking that you can do just as you please.

So it is OK, by your understanding, for all Thais to act just as they please and have no consideration for anybody else!

I never said that Thai should change for the German alone. The Thais must change for themselves as well. How do you expect people to live together in harmony if all they think of is themselves. Had the Golden's owner given but one seconds thought to what may happen if he let his violent dog to freely roam the street and realized that the responsible thing to do was keep it behind his closed gate then none of this would happen.

I would suggest that is you, the Golden's owner and all other that allow there dogs to roam freely to start to think and behave responsibly to your neighbors. It seems obvious from your posts that you have little if any consideration for your neighbors expecting them to go out of their way just to satisfy your selfish need to allow dogs to roam freely.

Of course Sattahip is urban. Being a naval town does not make it rural. Bangkok is a business city ... does that mean that retirees cannot live there?

I am not going to get into any discussion about the death of the Golden. My point of view is only that it would never have happened had the Golden's owner acted responsibly to his pet and his neighbors and kept it off of public land.

You are joking right?

Depends in which Moo Baan you reside. Some with mixed Thai & foreigner residents do have a management contract that specifically states residents must have a dog on a leash and required to clean up after the dog defecates and so on. Obviously requires due diligence to ensure that regs are actually enforced. This is in Pattaya. If you willing to live in an environment with dog crap everywhere, unending dog barking etc amongst uncaring Thais, or indeed foreigners, then you're right - shut up or move.

Should people live in an environment with dog crap everywhere, unending dog barking just because some uncaring people fail to take responsibility and show some consideration for their neighbors. I know many Thais who are as pissed off about dog poo and barking as I am. However it is just not in the Thai nature to complain. But that does not make it right. If a drug addict with Aids left his used syringes lying around in the street he would be arrested, If a dog owner leaves piles of dog poop in the street the same should happen.

You are joking right?

Should people live in an environment with dog crap everywhere, unending dog barking just because some uncaring people fail to take responsibility and show some consideration for their neighbors. I know many Thais who are as pissed off about dog poo and barking as I am. However it is just not in the Thai nature to complain. But that does not make it right. If a drug addict with Aids left his used syringes lying around in the street he would be arrested, If a dog owner leaves piles of dog poop in the street the same should happen.

Agree & as you say many Thai's will not complain. I have Thai neighbours who were really annoyed, as I was, with a Thai owners dog constantly barking. I uncovered that the Amphur staff will act (remove the dog to a compound) and said they would come to our Moon Baan before taking action, but needed a few Thais to also concur. The Thais refuse to meet with Amphur staff & confirm the nuisance barking. After many months the Thai dog owner has taken action so the dog doesn't bark throughout the night. When it defecated in the street I would scoop up & deposit in front of his entrance way. He finally got the hint. The individual is someone who lived in Europe for many years & is a well paid engineer

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1