Animal Activists Seek Action Against Sattahip Dog Killer

Lite Beer

I live in sattahip and there are thousands of dogs running around. I do not leave the house without a stick to defend myself. The park has so many dogs that you cannot jog for fear of stepping in dog crap. What thailand needs is a nutering spaying program for the soi dogs

Is there a similar programme for self righteous joggers?

Sorry, you are probably quite a reasonable chap, my apologies, but I am not going to edit it out, yes stray dogs are a problem all over Thailand, but this particular instance is not about soi dogs.

This instance is about a man who took his time to return to his house, get a knife, and stab to death the dog of a neighbour.

And I will stand by the first statement I made when the news report first surfaced.

"I do not believe a single word this man says"

Edited by Thaddeus
  • Like 1

a call for animals right thailand? rally at german embassy? are you kidding me? what a bunch of jokers, what had it to do with the german embassy when their own government failed to proceed with the case? get real man. perhaps it's better to open their eyes and look at how their own government clowns deal with cases as well as the sickening dog meat trades going on on their own land. these so called animal activists have their own significant amount of problems concerning animals welfare. never heard of this pavena leading any rally or any written articles on regards of of soi dogs, the treatment of elephants and the list goes on

had the golden retriever had a responsible owner, nothing would had happened at all. these's a cause for every effect. had this happened elsewhere, the end result would had been the same, but a more humane way, euthanasia. but still, 2 wrongs don't make a right. this german obviously had some problems. went back home, took a knife and 17 stabs to the dog. this is murder. certainly wouldnt want this guy as a neighbor

not that it matters but i doubt we are speaking of a golden retriever. seriously attacking a rott? probably a mongrel with traces of golden retriever.

Edited by barefoot1988
  • Like 1

The German should write his autobiography, titled, How To Gain Friends and Influence People.

These inhospitable types are not wanted here, deport him back to the Farangland and let him and his cuddly Rottenweiler become someone else’s problem.

What he should do is to inform every major Western embassy about the racist mob that amassed outside his home under the disguise of animal lovers. Especially the German one. The article says there was a Thai 'who spoke fluent German'. I want to meet this guy in Germany indeed.

• Like 1

The motive for the German's violent behaviour is implausible. Anyone that has any knowledge of Golden Retrievers, will know that the dog has a "soft mouth". They just do not bite that hard, even when rough housing. This is why the dogs are used as "retrievers" for hunters. When they retrieve the aniumal that is killed by a hunter they defy instinct and bring back the animal in one piece without bite damage. I don't believe that the German was "provoked" by the Golden Retriever biting his dog. I also find it odd that a Rotweiler, which is a dog known for its aggresive behaviour and is specifically used for guard purposes, would be the victim of a dog known for its gentleness and lack of aggresiveness.

I am proud of the Thais that made their views known. For all of the negative and cruel people that are out there, Thai and foreign alike, the small number of caring and compassionate Thais and foreigners that speak out make sure that evil does not run amuck and make my life better and safer.

I note the the emphasis upon the German's nationality and the calls for a protest ouside the embassy.

If this event had occurred in Germany, I would expect that the number of protestors would have been much greater and the accused would now be living in fear for his life. Germans under the age of 35 are very different than those that are over the age of 60. One group grew up under enlightenment while another still had the social issues left over from East Germany and WWII. The 60+ age generation live in a different world than the under 35s, and I hope that people can understand that. Look around in Thailand. The younger Germans are as polite, responsible and decent as anyone else. Those Germans are just as disgusted and upset by the accused's behaviour as anyone else.

Take all the emotion and hyperbole out of this and the man was protecting his property. This dog was a repeat offender and terrorizing the neighborhood. He was a good neighbor and asked them to fix the situation without ratting them out to local authorities, but in hindsight maybe he ought to have done that as well just to cover his butt. There are a lot of Thai animal activist groups springing up lately and I guess it's good but they ought to consider getting a consultation from a western country to help get them on the right track. Harassing this man outside his home in protest is exactly that, harassment. Thai's want animal rights but typical most don't want the responsibility that comes with it. Responsibility is socializing your domestic animals, and there are no if, and's or but's about it. Most domesticated dogs in Thailand are borderline feral and only socialized within the confines of their townhouse family. I've met friendlier soi dogs then some of these domesticated ones.

Dog's left to roam free in a neighborhood without proper socialization will always revert to their instinctive behavior. While everyone is up in arms about this poor animal and it's owner, with a Kodak moment perfect picture of some poor Thai woman knelt over the corpse of her dog has anyone considered the possibilities of what could have happened if no action was taken.

Two scenarios:

1. German man does like most foreigners and ends up hiding away in his house quietly cursing the second class citizen system we live in, his Rottweiler grows older bigger, wiser and stronger. Eventually he has enough and takes his pooch for a walk. Goldilocks decides it's still king <deleted> of the neighborhood and goes in to pick on his old friend from Deutschland. UBERMUTT decides enough is enough and takes out Thai Goldilocks. Now Thai's are demanding justice for this poor innocent family dog.
  2. Same as before only this time the German man and UBERMUTT stay indoors. The family down the street has a child who's old enough to turn into a feral Thai Soi kid and they let it play unsupervised... par for the course. Goldilocks by this time is completely feral and his territorial pissing extend way outside the boundaries of the house and see's a small human animal and decides it's lunchtime. Now we have a dead child mauled by a vicious near feral animal, and the dog dies anyways because no one, not even a Thai is going to stand for a canine baby killer

It's a sticky situation but the fact is and remains the same. Thai's need to step up to the plate in this small manner and accept social responsibility for their friends, neighbors, children and elderly, and do the right thing by properly socializing their domesticated animals. Some will argue it is natural for dogs to fight, and it is... if they are wild. Once a human being takes on the responsibility of animal ownership, it is their duty to train those animals to curb those instincts and obey the law, human law for the good and well being of the rest of society.

On another note these so called animal rights groups are loudmouth obnoxious Thai at it's worst. For three years now I've gone to a fair at Kasetsart university where the puppy mills are operating in full swing selling sick dogs and puppies and cats for choice prices with no registration or breeding history to speak of, just a stones throw away from the Kasetsart Veterinary college. Get real Thai animal rights activists. Poseurs the whole lot of you.

You are actually making several good points in this little dissertation. Unfortunately take the emotion out of the discussion, you did not.

You are absolutely correct in that Thais need to learn to take responsibility for their pets. That starts with the recognition of the fact that owning a pet comes with social and financial responsibility for the next 15 years or so. Totally agree with you on the puppy mills - a disgraceful trade that is by no means limited to Thailand, by the way.

Where we part ways is your wholesale condemnation of Thai animal welfare groups. There are a number of them who do important work toward the same goals we have. This is difficult and thankless work in a society that is so far behind most western countries in the areas concerned.

if a dog attacks one of my dogs in my presence it's like attacking me. and if my dog is hurt the attacking dog has it coming!

No, different wording!

If a man, attacks one of my dogs in my presence, its like attacking me and if my dog is hurt, the attacking man has it coming! twisted.gif

From Facebook some photos to!

http://www.facebook....17674784918089/

Edited by ALFREDO

These inhospitable types are not wanted here, deport him back to the Farangland and let him and his cuddly Rottenweiler become someone else’s problem.

Times like this I wish they would bring the Dislike button back.

Is that meaning the dog murderer or me?

Do you believe I am wrong and for example, would you like to have this guy who appears handy with a knife as your neighbor?

I have several cats and dogs and all my dogs are kept in the confines of the property, although the house is situated on a large plot of land.

My dogs never come into physical contact with the dogs outside and like to consider myself as a responsible pet owner because I have no controls on the neighbors dogs and better to make a compromise rather than have confrontations with the people my family and I have to share living space with in the community.

I never forget that I am a foreigner here and prefer to keep a low profile and regarded as a nice neighbor rather than in the forefront of attention.

• Like 2

The German should write his autobiography, titled, How To Gain Friends and Influence People.

cheesy.gif cheesy.gif I love you Beetlejuice

Rottenweiler ( tongue.png too much)

^^ Sound advice keeping a low profile. One's self and one's pets. Exactly as I do.

Keep your pets on locked property with the only interaction being a bit of barking behind gates as the neighborhood dogs pass by.

Additionally, it keeps them free of the ever present communicable canine diseases of the packs outside the gates.

We have not heard the last of this, I'm afraid: don't think buddy is sleeping well these nights.

We are unfortunately down the road taken, it would seem. What a mess....

Edited by jingjoke

cheesy.gif cheesy.gif I love you Beetlejuice

Rottenweiler ( tongue.png too much)

Anyway, diverting from the depressing subject of mad knife murderers and mean people, I would like to wish the members and all those involved with Thai visa and your families, a very Merry Christmas, and an extremely happy, prosperous, healthy and safe 2013 in Thailand or wherever you will be on New Years day.

Please, no more nasty things happening to us next year and I take the sacred words of our saviour, Mr Spock; LIVE LONG AND PROSPER.

Before anyone asks, I have not been drinking.

• Like 1

if a dog attacks one of my dogs in my presence it's like attacking me. and if my dog is hurt the attacking dog has it coming!

No, different wording!

If a man, attacks one of my dogs in my presence, its like attacking me and if my dog is hurt, the attacking man has it coming! twisted.gif

From Facebook some photos to!

http://www.facebook....17674784918089/

right you are! that could be my wording too thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

it's good to know that sorry Farang clowns are not in charge of Immigration and deportation tongue.png

I note the the emphasis upon the German's nationality and the calls for a protest ouside the embassy.

If this event had occurred in Germany, I would expect that the number of protestors would have been much greater and the accused would now be living in fear for his life. Germans under the age of 35 are very different than those that are over the age of 60. One group grew up under enlightenment while another still had the social issues left over from East Germany and WWII. The 60+ age generation live in a different world than the under 35s, and I hope that people can understand that. Look around in Thailand. The younger Germans are as polite, responsible and decent as anyone else. Those Germans are just as disgusted and upset by the accused's behaviour as anyone else.

yada yada yada yakety yakety yak.

L-dog%20very%20cut%20small.jpg

I would not hesitate to kill any dog who attacked me or threatened me.

These animal do good-ers (most likely family of the person most likely to have to cough up 300k) have gone tropo and off this planet.

In a civilized country, the dog would have been put down (killed) by Government authorities.

These people are outrageous. The lesson learnt here is that after you get bitten, in Thailand it is easier to smile and then poison them.

agree ...these animal lovers cause more harm than good ...too many dogs just roaming the streets ...<deleted> curb or cull them ....in oz at the moment feral cat problem ....cats r just dumped in the national parks ...killing millions of native animals DAILY .. my mate has been trying to evict an animal lover from one of his properties ...the renter has at least 10 dogs and picks up strays ... the joint stinks ..neighbours r up in arms but this cxxxt just says she is an animal lover

None of this would have happened if the Thai owner of the Golden had kept his dog off the PUBLIC street and BEHIND closed gates on HIS OWN property.

Same could be said in vice versa, none of this would have happened if the German was not in Thailand and did not walk his dog past the golden

Times like this I wish they would bring the Dislike button back.

There used to be a "I don't like this" button?

I did not know that.

I concur if there was one.

I would not hesitate to kill any dog who attacked me or threatened me.

These animal do good-ers (most likely family of the person most likely to have to cough up 300k) have gone tropo and off this planet.

In a civilized country, the dog would have been put down (killed) by Government authorities.

These people are outrageous. The lesson learnt here is that after you get bitten, in Thailand it is easier to smile and then poison them.

agree ...these animal lovers cause more harm than good ...too many dogs just roaming the streets ...<deleted> curb or cull them ....in oz at the moment feral cat problem ....cats r just dumped in the national parks ...killing millions of native animals DAILY .. my mate has been trying to evict an animal lover from one of his properties ...the renter has at least 10 dogs and picks up strays ... the joint stinks ..neighbours r up in arms but this cxxxt just says she is an animal lover

yep so called dog lovers have very little consideration for neighbours.In Australia I used to have two families as neighbours with dogs barking throughout the night. I asked them to take action to control their dogs as some days I was so tired from lack of sleep I would take the day off. Response was that's what dogs do & threatened me. The local council had regulations & eventually the problem was resolved. In a town of 50,000 people their were 25,000 registered dogs & the council had to employ 5 full time staff to respond to complaints about dogs & their owners. It's not just Thai dog owners who have no regard for their neighbours.

Edited by simple1

None of this would have happened if the Thai owner of the Golden had kept his dog off the PUBLIC street and BEHIND closed gates on HIS OWN property.

Same could be said in vice versa, none of this would have happened if the German was not in Thailand and did not walk his dog past the golden

Lemoncake ..You are talking like a Thai now.

..... I find it difficult to believe that a family pet (which is essentially what this animal was) would be so out-of-control as to attack anyone passing on the street. ....

The next door neighbor of my niece is a man who has several dogs that he allows to run free outside his property. His dogs try to attack my nieces dogs, which she keeps locked inside her property.

These dogs also have run up on me, surrounding me, barking and growling, causing to have concerns about being attacked and bitten. His dogs do this when I walk on the short road where the houses are, off the main road. He yells at the dogs when he is in his yard and sees them surround me. I yell at the dogs too, when they act like this. A nice friendly guy. I have been in his yard a couple of times talking with him about his work around his house.

Down the street is an older lady that appears to be an unfriendly person. I do not really know what kind of person she is, but she never responds to me when I say hello to her. Her dog is an unfriendly dog. Based on how it reacts to people walking down the street, I believe it would bite someone if it could get out.

When I thought that the old woman was going to let her dog out one time when I passed by, I had no stick so I took out my knife and held it hidden in my hand in case she did let her dog out and it tried to bite me.

This old lady's dog acts in the same manner as trained military sentry dogs I have seen. The sentry dogs were extremely vicious and would attack and bite anyone outside the cage they are kept in, if they could get out. The sentry dogs were known to attack their handlers and put some of them in the hospital!

It is because of how the dog reacts to passers by that leads me to believe that, even if it is a family pet, it is a vicious animal and will attack people that are not part of the family if it could. I have seen Thais yelling at the old lady about her dog, so it isn't just me. She just ignores them and goes inside her house.

If the story is true like they wrote it, they really should send him back to Germany, but I agree too, its brave to make such action against Military personnel :)

And since when do they care anyway in LoS about our 4legged friends? I bet if more tourists see whats really going on here, many of them will refuse to visit Thailand for a long time...may be its time to make it popular.... I see it with my own eyes...poor Isaarn ppl changing their or the neighbors dog for a plastic bucket....thats really Buddhism at its best

Yes, well what it really boils down to is that you cannot argue with an idiot.

The animal activists are basically saying this:

We have the right to assemble illegally in front of your house and libel, slander, defame and threaten you and your family if we think you have harmed a dog or any other animal that we choose to protect.

If we are present when we see a dog attacking you or your child, we will come to the aid of that dog and ensure that you or your child are not able to bring any harm to the dog that is attacking you or your child. This includes the GERMAN!!! or his GERMAN!!! child, and any other man, woman or child who happens to be walking alone, or with any other animal on a leash, or walking with another human being MINDING THEIR OWN BUSINESS; because we feel that if a dog chooses to make your business its business, then you must have done something wrong in another life to deserve it.

If an animal ever attacks us personally, as animal activists, we will never do anything to stop that animal from harming us. We will do anything possible to tear ourselves away from the animal (making extra sure not to harm the animal) and to get to safety as soon as possible. If the animal kills us, we accept this as its right, and we defend right even at the cost of our own life.

If an animal ever attacks our child, as animal activists, we will never do anything to stop that animal from having its way with our child. We will do anything possible to tear our child from its death grip on their tiny little throat (making extra sure not to harm the animal) and to get our child to safety as soon as possible. If the animal kills our child, we accept this as its right, and we defend right even at the cost of our own.

If we ever hear or read about a dog attacking any human being (including those humans not being able to defend themselves; such as small children and babies) we will unite together and do everything in our power to promote that animals right to exist and to express itself, and that the animal has somehow been provoked and is deservedly and justifiably mauling or killing the human being for good reason.

In summary, animals can do no wrong if they are attacking a human being. Whether on the extinct species list, or over-bred to the point of being damaged and dangerous, we will fight to protect these animals rights because they are more worthy of life than any human.

We unconsciously admit that we are self-hating humans. We feel badly that we have infested this animal planet to the point that these animals must defend themselves. If we were certain that there were no more people on this planet such as this GERMAN and his GERMAN children, we would commit suicide and turn this planet back over to these poor beset upon beasts.

God rest their merry doggie souls, and may they forgive us for existing.

Edited by cup-O-coffee
  • Like 2

I find it difficult to believe that a family pet (which is essentially what this animal was) would be so out-of-control as to attack anyone passing on the street.

You live in Thailand & make the above comment! How many working Thai's do you observe practicing "exercise, discipline and affection" for their dogs. Affection yes, but rarely exercise and discipline. Normally left alone all day on premises, let out once a day to defecate in the street is the maximum exercise & absolutely no discipline training for behaviour such as constant barking and so on. Affection for 10/15 minutes when they come home to feed the "family pet".

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

I find it difficult to believe that a family pet (which is essentially what this animal was) would be so out-of-control as to attack anyone passing on the street.

You live in Thailand & make the above comment! How many working Thai's do you observe practicing "exercise, discipline and affection" for their dogs. Affection yes, but rarely exercise and discipline. Normally left alone all day on premises, let out once a day to defecate in the street is the maximum exercise & absolutely no discipline training for behaviour such as constant barking and so on. Affection for 10/15 minutes when they come home to feed the "family pet".

^^^, agree family pet is pushing it a bit too far, many of these dogs are nothing more than a fashion accessory.

Thankfully the Thais take care of these problems in their own way.