37% Object To Broadcast By Thaksin: Poll

Lite Beer

So the majority 63% approved, cool.

When can he come back and sort out the drugs plague and the war in the south?

I seem to remember the last time he did that a couple of thousand people lost their lives.

His involvement in the south left Tak Bai & Krue Sae as famous names. My Lai?

A couple of thousand dead drug dealers and muslim insurgents, look at the bigger picture.....How many terrorist murders and drug deaths per year in Thailand? Thaksin was working for the greater good of the Thai people.

More like for the good of his greater family you mean.

So the majority 63% approved, cool.

When can he come back and sort out the drugs plague and the war in the south?

I seem to remember the last time he did that a couple of thousand people lost their lives.

His involvement in the south left Tak Bai & Krue Sae as famous names. My Lai?

A couple of thousand dead drug dealers and muslim insurgents, look at the bigger picture.....How many terrorist murders and drug deaths per year in Thailand? Thaksin was working for the greater good of the Thai people.

More like for the good of his greater family you mean.

Thailand was a better place when he was in charge no matter what the smearers say.

Thailand was a better place when he was in charge no matter what the smearers say.

Methinks you need a smear test.

We'll have to agree to dissagree methinks

Of course it was running better the whole world was running better. Thaksin was not opposed politically by an armed proven terrorist party either.

Even a wannabe like you could have run it.

Today's circumstances are different. The economy is struggling world wide. People are less willing to accept billions of baht being stolen by corrupt officials. There is a party in charge run by Thaksin with an armed contingent ready to use them if they don't get there way.

Don't look now but, "37% object to broadcast by Thaksin" means 63% do not object.

Surely, 37% do positively object when asked, the remainder might not object, or much-more-likely simply don't give a da*n either-way ?

If they don't give a dam_n either way, surely that means they don't object?

And also means that they don't necessarily support it, either.

And how does killing 1.500 innocent people stop the drug trade?

How does killing 53 innocent Muslims stop the insurgency. I wasn't here either but from what I have heard that was a prime motivator for it. Yingluck recently apologized for it.

You truly don't have a clue do you. I have a bridge in Brooklyn I could let you have pretty cheap.

Don't look now but, "37% object to broadcast by Thaksin" means 63% do not object.

Surely, 37% do positively object when asked, the remainder might not object, or much-more-likely simply don't give a da*n either-way ?

or don't have access to a TV

We'll have to agree to dissagree methinks

Perhaps I should explain further.....

If anyone is trying to smear someone's reputation, it is Thaksin and assorted clingers on attempting to besmirch Abhisit's.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect App

How does killing 53 innocent Muslims stop the insurgency. I wasn't here either but from what I have heard that was a prime motivator for it. Yingluck recently apologized for it.

You truly don't have a clue do you. I have a bridge in Brooklyn I could let you have pretty cheap.

I think your numbers are considerably undercooked. The war on drugs saw the execution of more than 2,000 individuals and perhaps as many as 2,500. To the incredible shame of the Thanks in administration the dead were innumerable.

The Tak Bai incident involved the murder of 85. Krue Se involved at least 32. Until the coup there were a further 1,400 deaths in the south.

Some 4,000 dead under Thaksin's watch and no charges against him

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect App

' almost six per cent of respondents believed it was a coincidence that the former PM happened to be in Macau when the boxing event was held.'

haha, yeah right, nothing planned, nothing set up, just a coincidence! clap2.gif

i wonder what lengths 'they' will go to, to get him pardoned??? coffee1.gif

You can keep your bridge and get back under it with your anti Thaksin brigade buddies.

We could go round in circles with this all day,so i'll have my final say on the matter.

The Thai people were better off under Thaksin, the country prospered, pensioners prospered.

The "elite" where unsettled and were concerned for their control, the handful of military top brass were called in to order the shooting of innocents in Bangkok in 2010(I was there!)and to stamp on the peaceful protest.

At least Thaksin killed the drug dealers and muslim terrorists not his own innocent people.

Where the army called in to shoot the yellow shirted protesters who caused long term damage to Thailands tourism and international standing snipered for occupying the airport?

And <deleted> do farangs who have nothing to do with Thailands politics hate Thaksin so much when he is clearly the man of the people!

14% approve, 37% disapprove - which means that 49% are apathetic or ignorant. Sounds about right.

I asked my Thai brother-in-law if he knew the difference between ignorance and apathy - he said "I don't know and I don't care."

Well pluralities are the stuff democratic governments are made from, I am actually a little surprised quite a substantial section of the population voiced an objection to his attention seeking.

Only 14% like the guy, 86% dislike him or are indifferent to him.

Edited by longway

You can keep your bridge and get back under it with your anti Thaksin brigade buddies.

We could go round in circles with this all day,so i'll have my final say on the matter.

The Thai people were better off under Thaksin, the country prospered, pensioners prospered.

The "elite" where unsettled and were concerned for their control, the handful of military top brass were called in to order the shooting of innocents in Bangkok in 2010(I was there!)and to stamp on the peaceful protest.

At least Thaksin killed the drug dealers and muslim terrorists not his own innocent people.

Where the army called in to shoot the yellow shirted protesters who caused long term damage to Thailands tourism and international standing snipered for occupying the airport?

And <deleted> do farangs who have nothing to do with Thailands politics hate Thaksin so much when he is clearly the man of the people!

I think what dolly was trying to say was that in that 3 month time period in the war on drugs 1500 of the 2500 people who lost their lives their deaths were unrelated to drugs. That equates to 6000 deaths per annum through misadventure, accident, murder etc.

This was according to the police figures.

It is said that 10000 deaths per year are not investigated.

Over 50000 people were detained over that period by the police on drugs charges.

you know in all truth - I cannot understand why there is is still support for an ex PM who is worth billions of Dollars (not billions of baht) that in reality is actually one of the "rich elite" that (red) Thais are supposed to detest along with his family - who gained most of thier wealth through shady deals, bending rules, abuse of power and corruption - tell me I'm wrong, does anyone honestly believe that TS isn't getting a massive inflow of laundered money from the various schemes that are going on

To the Reds - you want to change the constitution ? well you wanna stamp that shit (above) out right there and get this country and it's people on a better path, something needs to change that doesn't involve Thaksin - he's the problem and if he goes away he's the solution, that is so obvious - go on someone tell me I'm wrong but explain why

^ neither thaksin or the army are the cause of the problems, their behavior are the symptoms of the problem. (though thaksin is the root of the current conflict). the problem is mainly in poor law enforcement.

Neither the reds or yellows are wiling to address the causes, as they are both part of or heavily influenced by patronage networks at war with one another. Both movements are failures in advancing democratic progress in Thailand.

Ironically it was when the royalist networks that had the most clout there was progress towards democracy, for example the 1997 constitution, it was a failure, but was a genuine attempt to transfer power to the Thai people, unfortunately here thaksin got in the way of the transfer of power, and wanted this power devolved into his hands. His opposition is unfortunately just as selfish and this is why Thailand is where it is, and why thaksin keeps on winning elections, as his opposition makes valid points, have no good alternatives.

For example the pad answer to bad politicians is to ban politics, it's drivel, and no wonder they have sunk.

Edited by longway