Party For 4000 Auto Workers Turns Into Violent Fight: Thailand

Rimmer

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been to a couple of parties up country with a lot of people attending, all except one have ended with a fight...

The trick is to arrive early, to eat and drink fast, then get out before it deteriorates. I always try to be gone within an hour or so of arriving. I'm more than bored enough by then anyway.

Very Good Advice !!!

The 'lower' classes are highly uneducated, and many have alcohol problems. In other words, dangrously unpredictable, and easily led.

And recent history shows just how much better behaved the "higher" classes are and how well they use their elevated positions to lead the rank & file down the correct path... coffee1.gif

For once I agree with you. Whether these factory workers can be termed lower-class is very much debatable. The upper-classes have the funds & contacts to get away with far worse than this. E.G. The Ferrari 'killer'.

We had to agree to on something I guess! I actually had exactly the same incident firmly in mind when I wrote the post...

And there was me thinking it was just Aussie's who can't handle their p1ss!!!!

Rickster. as a native born Australian who is a very moderate, social drinker, I think your comments are are little bit off the mark and to some people may be offensive.

Why not become familiar with the Forum Rules before posting?

Forum Rules

7) Not to post slurs or degrading comments directed towards any group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

PEP as a native born pommie with a long and colourful history of banter with my more criminally minded cousins in Oz, I think your comments are a bit offensive to the ongoing tongue in cheek humour enjoyed by our respective countries. Why not become familiar with the accepted etiquette of Anglo-Aussie sledging and stop being so overly sensitive?!

Love it!
  • Like 2

Rickster. as a native born Australian who is a very moderate, social drinker, I think your comments are are little bit off the mark and to some people may be offensive.

Forum Rules

7) Not to post slurs or degrading comments directed towards any group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

Since when was 'Australian' a 'Race' ? Your underline key missed the mark which should have been 'Nationality' surely.

• Like 1

Forum Rules

Since when was 'Australian' a 'Race' ? Your underline key missed the mark which should have been 'Nationality' surely.

Well, he could have been referring to Abbos.

Forum Rules

The 100 bottles of VB is a race

• Like 1

The 'lower' classes are highly uneducated, and many have alcohol problems. In other words, dangrously unpredictable, and easily led.

Hehehe... sounds very much like the auto workers I've known in Kentucky and Tennessee.

Sounds very much like the clientele in a lot of the bars I have drank at in the big P

What is the mindset of these people? They go to a party with hand guns, and home made grenades?

What will they bring if they go to a political rally? What will they need to go to war?

What is wrong with this country?

Whats wrong with this Country ? ..The same of whats wrong with many places ..

Dare we even bother talking about handguns ? ..And exactly where this logic came from .

I get a bit frustrated with lines like " What is wrong with THESE people ?" ..Often wonder why some wish to reside here , then purely look to the negative . Its not a good Story .... BUT it happens in many places ..Brawls and gunfire , its really easy to be critical .

Gun Control in the USA ( a big influence on topics like this ) will hopefully create a new " World view " over time , but certainly the GUNS must go , thats a really good start . Unfortunately , these really large functions do seem to generate problems , therefore this is another area .

But lets not condem everyone ..there's quite a population out there .

• Like 1

4000 people from formerly rival firms, getting drunk together when there is high insecurity about job security....somethings going to give.

The real buffoons are the organisers, not the brawlers.

I think this was meant to be one of those "We're all Thais" affairs with the press present but it gang aft agely as the Poet Burns once said...

the party was Auto Alliance, they build cars for Ford and Mazda so they are all one , and there is no job insecurity as the company find it hared to find workers just like GM and all the rest .the like to keep their workers .

... Whereas the highly educated upper classes behave with dignity, honesty, integrity and emotional maturity at all times.

And factory fabricated weaponry as well. None of this "Home-made" <deleted>. Upper class all the way.

Amazing Thailand - indeed!

Unseen Thailand - for sure!

When are these people going to: a. behave like civilised human beings instead of opting for mass brawls/riots/demos when they cant get their way?

b. realize that the internet is going to stay and just because they dont report it in the English speaking papers, doesnt mean it

doesnt mean it wont reach the rest of the world.

Who the hell goes to a party tooled up with home made grenades and guns if they had no intention to start trouble??

Why should it be reported in English and reach the rest of the world. Do they report brawls in the USA in the Thai press? No. A brawl at a party in Thailand isn't newsworthy in other countries. Not sure why you're so interested in wanting the whole world to know about some party punch-up. Happens every single weekend in the UK, but rarely reported even in the locality it happens in.

With home made grenades and guns? I think that would get reported, probably nationally!

I've never seen dead people lying in the road after festivities in the UK. I saw one in a rural town outside Nakhon Phanom - product of a 'biker gang' spat (in reality Honda 125 youths) within a few months of spending my time inThailand. Must be the company (female) I once kept out here!

The disassembly line.

You would have to blame the coloured shirts loons for starting this football hooliganism mentality.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect App

Its notfootball hooliganism mentality, its Thai, Drink, Party mentality.

How long has that been around? Seems a relatively recent thing to me

Frank Sinatra. AKA "The Voice" "Chairman of the Board" renowned for singing, acting and his links to both organised crime and highly influential politicians

Must have been amazing to watch! As for the these workers, I wonder if it is their kids who engage in the Uni-wars, where kids from one Tech board buses and shoot like hell hoping to hit a few rival Tech students, but end up spraying a few other passengers instead?