Beer Promo Ladies; Tiger, Heineken, Etc..

My wife's cousin was asking me how these beer promo girls get hired and placed so I thought I would ask here. These are the girls that float between various restaurants, wearing a dress specific for the beer or whiskey they are touting. Waiting on tables generally but I assume on commission if they sell what they are promoting? I would imagine this work is through some agency? Anyone in the bar & restaurant business with some info, it would be appreciated. Must be paid hourly or per-job, + commission?

I guess she is getting fed up waiting on tables at Fuji!

The commission is a pittance and not worth doing the job just for this alone most get payed also from the bar or restaurant and then they make the real money in extra curricular activities smile.png

Bull sh**, bars don't pay them, customers pay extra when they chat or try to off them. The are called PL (pretty ladies) in Thai and they are paid about 100 baht per day with the permission to sell themselves (and the product)!!!

The commission is a pittance and not worth doing the job just for this alone most get payed also from the bar or restaurant and then they make the real money in extra curricular activities smile.png

Bull sh**, bars don't pay them, customers pay extra when they chat or try to off them. The are called PL (pretty ladies) in Thai and they are paid about 100 baht per day with the permission to sell themselves (and the product)!!!

You obviously don't know what you are talking about but carry on mr know all!!

4 or 5 years ago I was friendly with a guy who was a manager for Thai Bev in Khon Kaen, part of his job was to check on "PG" promotion girls who the brewer would provide to certain establishments if they agreed to purchase certain levels of Thai Bev product. The PG girls were paid by Thai Bev (at that time and if I remember right, I think it was about 7,000 baht per month) and also received a "bounty" on the number of bottle caps from Thai Bev products sold at the bar/restaurant where they were stationed. They were working only from about 7.00 pm to midnight and the owner of the bar or restaurant would sign their "time card" each evening to show they had attended. It was up to the girls themselves if they wanted to meet with customers from the bar "after work".

• Like 1

The girls work for an agency and get paid by the beer company (or wholesaler) between 800-1600 baht per night. I've hired these girls for numerous promotional events before.

Yes some of them do go over but that is nothing to do with the job they've been hired for. If they decide to stay on somewhere after working or meet someone elsewhere I don't see the problem.

Google is the one mate, as there are loads of these agencies

Beer girls are very much a ‘Thai’ thing.

Hardly any of these girls speak a word of English and they would be uncomfortable being chatted up by farangs – especially of the middle aged, pot-bellied, bald variety.

These girls are not particularly well educated and mostly come from the provinces, and their employment prospects are limited. So if they have a pretty face, then they can sometimes find work as beer girls.

As has already been stated in this thread, most of them work for agencies and get a small basic wage, plus some form of bonus based on number of beers sold. They also look for tips and the rest is up to them.

I think that a reasonable percentage of them are amenable to going out with a Thai customer, if he speaks nicely and if the girl likes him. There is certainly no pressure from the employers to indulge in extra curricular activities.

It is much like the attractive ladies who work as ‘hostesses’ in large Thai restaurants, and show customers to their seats. If you regularly patronise a particular restaurant, you will find that most of the pretty ladies are rarely there for long. Most of them are looking for a rich Thai benefactor or boyfriend.

Thai night clubs is another ‘Thai thing’. Most of the hostesses are looking for customers to sleep with, but not all of them. Some are just after drinks and tips.

In all the above situations, the level and frequency of ‘sex for money’ activity is much lower than would be found in a typical ‘western’ bar.

All part of the rich pattern of Thai life…..

• Like 2

Here was a recent magazine article on the very subject, interviewing two local lovelies...

In the article, FWIW, they pretty much claim to nix the idea of fooling with customers.

http://bk.asia-city....view-beer-girls

Excellent post and link, thanks. If I had listened to the endless litany of 'tell her to google it herself', we wouldn't be sharing this knowledge... or the pics!

Booyah!

Edited by NanLaew