The New Expats - Fact Or Fiction?

beenitseenitdoneit

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure why there are so many Stickman haters out there. I have never met him but a lot of what he writes is pretty well on the mark including things like the new expat.

At least he is doing something productive unlike a lot of the keyboard warriors here.

Have u read the stickman interview with sharky?

It's pretty bad. Google it, and then google sharky for a little reality, or look at his Facebook page. At one time stockman may have served a useful function - but that time has passed.

I wouldnt even bother to comment in the thread but for the fact that folks want to put stickman out there as the ubiquitous voice of Thailand expats. Maybe for some - but maybe 'the new expats' would rather take a more critical look and leave their options open.

I tell you this - I'd rather read

ChiangMaiKelly 100x over

Stickman. smile.png Stickman has enough sycophants prolonging his waning light, oblivious of reality. Us new expats can go another way

smile.png))

-iPhone

You got to be joking right? Comparing Stickman to some of the ignorant posters on here. That really is a laugh.

I am not going to judge Stickman on one article out of thousands and neither will I say i agree with everything he has done but he has put in a fair effort over the years and given many newbies valuable information on Thailand.

Maybe the reason is that he has a higher level of education than many posters here that is always guaranteed to alienate a lot of people.

Maybe the reason is that he has a higher level of education than many posters here

Your havin a laugh aint you, a TEFLr, come nak seup?

Hows his pension plan doing, what about his retirement portfolio, some of us earn more before we even get out of bed than he does in a month.

Seen his mrs lately?

Not sure why there are so many Stickman haters out there. I have never met him but a lot of what he writes is pretty well on the mark including things like the new expat.

At least he is doing something productive unlike a lot of the keyboard warriors here.

It's pretty bad. Google it, and then google sharky for a little reality, or look at his Facebook page. At one time stockman may have served a useful function - but that time has passed.

I wouldnt even bother to comment in the thread but for the fact that folks want to put stickman out there as the ubiquitous voice of Thailand expats. Maybe for some - but maybe 'the new expats' would rather take a more critical look and leave their options open.

ChiangMaiKelly 100x over

Stickman. smile.png Stickman has enough sycophants prolonging his waning light, oblivious of reality. Us new expats can go another way

smile.png))

-iPhone

You got to be joking right? Comparing Stickman to some of the ignorant posters on here. That really is a laugh.

I am not going to judge Stickman on one article out of thousands and neither will I say i agree with everything he has done but he has put in a fair effort over the years and given many newbies valuable information on Thailand.

Maybe the reason is that he has a higher level of education than many posters here that is always guaranteed to alienate a lot of people.

Maybe the reason is that he has a higher level of education than many posters here

Hows his pension plan doing, what about his retirement portfolio, some of us earn more before we even get out of bed than he does in a month.

Seen his mrs lately?

Some of the best educated expatriates are in the teaching profession and the fact that they may not be nearly as wealthy as those in the private sector is neither here nor there.As for Stick he is from all the internal evidence a very poorly educated fellow.Check out his book reviews.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect App

ChiangMaiKelly 100x over

smile.png))

-iPhone

Seen his mrs lately?

From what i have seen on this forum even a TEFL cert would put him ahead of most posters here.

And since when did how much you earn equate to your educational levels? Never in my experience.

I earn a lot more than most people I know but it was more through luck than education.

Oooooooh... the Stickman Mensa card has just been played. That will get their panties showin'.

You are only consolidating my point with your inane post.

How many posters here could actually put together a website about thailand and sustain it over a number of years?

Heck many have a problem putting together a couple of coherent sentences little lone a lengthy weekly column.

Stickman is no Rhodes scholar but he has enough nous to do what he does reasonably well.

Too many people out to critcise somebody who has done something and belittle others for no apparent reason other than to satisfy their own inferiority complexes.

• Like 2

ChiangMaiKelly 100x over

smile.png))

-iPhone

Seen his mrs lately?

Given the number of hits he gets on his website- with google ads and ads he sells - he is making 5000 to 10000 US dollars per week- he doesn't need a pension.

I could not agree with you more. Better clientele means fewer annoyances (not sure I would add Oskar). I have never had someone threaten me in Hyde and Seek because of what George W. Bush did when he was President.

I'm gonna go there tonight just to start a ruckus! Thanks for alerting me about this place.

• Like 1

Oooooooh... the Stickman Mensa card has just been played. That will get their panties showin'.

You are only consolidating my point with your inane post.

Bite!

This discussion reminds me about ALL farangs I`ve met in LOS (in 20 years that`s many farangs)..........none of them admits to either reading Stickman or being a member on Thai Visa rolleyes.gif .........

Yes i notice that also, SO true

But more than that......every farang i ever met here say they never even heard of Thaivisa!!

Then of course they later tell you some story that happened to their mate, or something they hear about..and what they do tell you is a story that come from a thread on TV..floggerslaugh.png

• Like 1

if what stickman is discussing is the new expat, who have i been spending my time with all these years?

Nah they've been in the fringes for years but now you see them all over Bangkok as its gone 'up-market'. There's very little middle ground with the 'old school expats' and the 'new school' expats,

In a way they are alright, less chance of them being degenerate and uber-chavvy like the tattoo'd knuckle draggers that used to proliferate these parts.

Yet they've got this stuck up attitude (often sales or maybe teaching) and tend to think that unless you are as liberal as they are you're subhuman.

The rude and crude mob at least would talk and engage with all and sundry.

• Like 1

ChiangMaiKelly 100x over

smile.png))

-iPhone

Seen his mrs lately?

Given the number of hits he gets on his website- with google ads and ads he sells - he is making 5000 to 10000 US dollars per week- he doesn't need a pension.

believe that when i see the statements from adsense

God forbid u come out and openly question the merits of stockman or the genuine value of his site.

Obviously one must be petty, bitter or jealous to even consider anything other than praise. Personally I'm ashamed of my own doubts and lack of interest in following the master of all things expat, and then being stupid enough to say so. How does one stop the envy? The cold sweat and the sleepless nights longing that I, could be stickman.

It's a heavy burden.

Not to mention the 10k a week he rakes in. (the fact that it's Zimbabwean dollars is wholly irrelevant)

ChiangMaiKelly 100x over

smile.png))

-iPhone

<deleted> i've seen ( read ) it all now. coffee1.gif

Good God...

Here was I, selecting a likely-titled post that appeared to discuss a topic of which i have an interest (newbie arrival that I am), and all I end up reading is a tirade against cocktail-sippin' poofs versus tattoed, ale-swilling fukwits, with digs at a well-known commentator of all things Thailand...

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Brilliant thumbsup.gif

Quite frankly gents, this thread is pathetic.......

"O wad some gift the Giftie gie us, To see oursels,as ithers see us?"

New expats?? Meeting like minded people in cocktail bars and bragging about it?? cheesy.gif

Pathetic.......I could expand on that but I don't want to burst your carefully constructed bubbles.

Gawd.....unbelievable.

• Like 1

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Brilliant thumbsup.gif

New expats?? Meeting like minded people in cocktail bars and bragging about it?? cheesy.gif

Pathetic.......I could expand on that but I don't want to burst your carefully constructed bubbles.

Gawd.....unbelievable.

Makes me glad that I decided not to rent Casa ScotsExpat on SKM and head out to Nonthaburi instead..

Glad that I drink in a few select pubs (SKM 11, 33) where my ale of choice is available, and glad I don't have to quibble over paying a service charge on the checkbin AND dropping a coupla hundred for the waitress...

The day I have to swallow the gut-rot that sells for under 50THB due to my economic situation will be the day that I will have realised I have fallen into precisely the same bottomless pit of misery that many on this site appear to already reside in...

• Like 2

Now don't get upset, folks. For sheer pretencious twaddle and upper-class codswallop, the Bangkok Forum cannot be beaten. I come here often to read the sheer nonsense that seems to fuel these so-called "new expats". My favourite was during the flooding when there was a thread from two of these twits orgasming over the coffee in some newly-opened shopping mall, and giggling over the fact that only a few hundred metres away ordinary hardworking Thai families were living in a sea of sewage.

I'd not realised the places Stickman referenced were actually next door to those afformentioned. I guess that kinda explains it. :lol:

Is there really a single decent Thai bird on the entire soi, who in their quest to find whatever it is they are down there looking for, hasn't had more white meat than Colonel Sanders?

Edited by frankold

• 1 month later...

Gawd.....unbelievable.

<deleted> - what are you on about? Like minded people in cocktail bars - and carefully constructed bubbles?

This from a guy with a zillion posts which center on himself (and not on a self deprecating manner) and regular references to all his pals and 'lady friend' meeting in chiang Mai bars.

My point stands - the stickman piece is bubble gum for those who glamorize themselves as being in the know re: Bangkok - eg, you.

It's not accurate - and saying so has nothing to do with being pretentious or cocktail bars.

Gawd.....unbelievable.

<deleted> - what are you on about? Like minded people in cocktail bars - and carefully constructed bubbles?

This from a guy with a zillion posts which center on himself (and not on a self deprecating manner) and regular references to all his pals and 'lady friend' meeting in chiang Mai bars.

My point stands - the stickman piece is bubble gum for those who glamorize themselves as being in the know re: Bangkok - eg, you.

It's not accurate - and saying so has nothing to do with being pretentious or cocktail bars.

Try reading your thread and you'll see what I'm talking about. thumbsup.gif

Change your username to strawman, your indulgence will carry more resonance.

:)

“We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.”

― Charles Bukowski

Unfortunately, from the phone. Kindly disregard butchery of the language. Or not. :)