Posting Important Documents

Hi all

not a very deep topic but I would like an insight off anyone who has sent visa documents to Thailand from the UK. What Postal Courier did you use ie. most trustworthy and efficient from the UK?

I really do not want to lose them when I come to send them at this point ( I have photocopies of originals).

Thanks all :o

Hi all

not a very deep topic but I would like an insight off anyone who has sent visa documents to Thailand from the UK. What Postal Courier did you use ie. most trustworthy and efficient from the UK?

I really do not want to lose them when I come to send them at this point ( I have photocopies of originals).

Thanks all :o

I have used Fedex twice. No problems. Took 3 or 4 days London to Phuket. It cost me about £21 last time (about a month ago).

Best of luck.

djmm

I sent some papers to the British Embassy in Bangkok from UK by registered post and they got there untouched within a week. I sent my B/F a birthday card and it arrived open!

Lat week I sent a valentines card to him by airmail and it arrived unopened in 4 days!

If you were anywhere near Cumbria I would take them for you as I fly out again on Saturday! Yippeee!

I have used Fedex twice. No problems. Took 3 or 4 days London to Phuket. It cost me about £21 last time (about a month ago).

Best of luck.

djmm

Thanks djmm

I used Fedex before for a mailing, from your post I think I will stick with them. :o

JohnC have you never heard the airport checkout say "have you packed this bag yourself?", anyways I wouldnt even trust these documents with my own Mum so Fedex will have to do! lol Cheers for the offer anyways :D

Lop :D

I second FEDEX also.

They use their own staff for pick-up, most of the time their own planes and then again their own staff and trucks for delivery.

The route used from Europe to Asia will probably mean a transit in their USA hub but should not delay delivery.

You are able to keep track of your package online 24h00.

The next way I would suggets and use if it is not as urgent would be EMS.

Avoid DHL as they make a mess of their relations with customs in various countries and packs are delayed often due to backlogs at DHL's customs check points.

I have used DHL twice, both occasions the service was very good. I sent the documents to my mates works (a big company on Lat Krabang ind est) and got him to pass them on.

This time I will have to send them straight to my fiancee apartment because my mate has left his job. Hope the service will still be as good.