Yellow House Book For Foreigners

Thank's Mario...........I thought it was free but was'nt sure.................I certainly wont be paying the guy 2000 THB so he can take his friends out for a New Years drink.

If his offer to you was issuing the book without the normally necessary paperwork (translation and certification of your passport, being the worst headache), then his offer is a real bargain, which I think, you should take. Will save you a few trips to immigration in the future! thumbsup.gif

I take your point soi 41 but with respect, as I originaly said in my post, and before the guy even said he wanted 2000 thb, I am unsure if I want the book or not, I have been here 6 years already on a Retirement Visa and have not had any problems.....IIf I have wanted proof of address I have gone to immigration.......Its the principle, I dont need it, if it's free I will have it, but I wont pay 2000 thb tea money for something I dont really need.

No other advantage other than being an address proof I guess. Let others comment if they are aware of any advantage other than this

If you are looking to apply thai citizenship in future (by skipping the PR), then it's prerequisite to be on a yellow tabien bahn for 3 years if you are married to a thai .

Are you sure? What about being on the blue book?

Only when you have PR can you be on a blue book.

In order to apply directly for Thai naitonality, without having PR, you still need to be on a household registration. Without having PR that means the yellow book.

was told the opposite by the man at the amphur two weeks ago. Said would add me to blue book if I got the residency pages from immigration got them translated and stamped at the embassy. There was something else about out marriage details from the place where we got married but I had given up by that time-not worth the bother. he was quite happy to show us details of an Indian bloke he had just done the same for.

No other advantage other than being an address proof I guess. Let others comment if they are aware of any advantage other than this

If you are looking to apply thai citizenship in future (by skipping the PR), then it's prerequisite to be on a yellow tabien bahn for 3 years if you are married to a thai .

Are you sure? What about being on the blue book?

Only when you have PR can you be on a blue book.

In order to apply directly for Thai naitonality, without having PR, you still need to be on a household registration. Without having PR that means the yellow book.

was told the opposite by the man at the amphur two weeks ago. Said would add me to blue book if I got the residency pages from immigration got them translated and stamped at the embassy. There was something else about out marriage details from the place where we got married but I had given up by that time-not worth the bother. he was quite happy to show us details of an Indian bloke he had just done the same for.

what are the residency pages from immigration?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Thaivisa Connect App

The real cost is that it is free.

You might need a letter of residency from your embassy and have it certified translated and certified. But the Tabien baan itself is free.

20 Baht???........thats what paid..is it really free?

Some people seem to be paying 20 to 50 baht for the book, others not. Apperently that depends on the amphur/tesabaan you are dealing with.

Any fee where you get a receipt for is an official fee.