Coming To Surin?

lampard10

For the first time since we started, our new service has seats available, Pattaya-Surin on Sunday afternoon if anyone is interested please contact me on 019766113. Cost is 900 baht per person. Leave around 13.00 eta Surin circa 19.00.

Is this service for Pattaya expats to visit Surin :o ? Is this service a van, minibus or Benz. Need to know ?

For the first time since we started, our new service has seats available, Pattaya-Surin on Sunday afternoon if anyone is interested please contact me on 019766113. Cost is 900 baht per person. Leave around 13.00 eta Surin circa 19.00.

Is this service for Pattaya expats to visit Surin :o ? Is this service a van, minibus or Benz. Need to know ?

We either run a toyota Avanza or Toyota Corolla at the moment. We are getting a Toyota Commutor 12 seater. May I say first, the sunday trip might now be cancelled, as today we lost our second car car in three months. Skidded in the rain and decapitated the occupants, so first reports say. Wifees gone with the insurance man to survey the scene. That's our car hire knocked on the head too.

We either run a toyota Avanza or Toyota Corolla at the moment. We are getting a Toyota Commutor 12 seater. May I say first, the sunday trip might now be cancelled, as today we lost our second car car in three months. Skidded in the rain and decapitated the occupants, so first reports say. Wifees gone with the insurance man to survey the scene. That's our car hire knocked on the head too.

Update: Story exaggerated. One dead not wearing seat belt. Went through the windscreen. The driver believed she might hace been saved, but the ambulance took half an hour to get there.

Is this service for Pattaya expats to visit Surin :D ? Is this service a van, minibus or Benz. Need to know ?

just a thought. you might want to get a new marketing concept. :o

Update: Story exaggerated. One dead not wearing seat belt. Went through the windscreen. The driver believed she might hace been saved, but the ambulance took half an hour to get there.

Lampard 10

Not convincing at all, your marketing concept. I better stick to my save driving and my safe car.

post-25584-1140183146_thumb.jpg

Lamp - uh thats encouraging news for all those who might have used your service. :o

Yes..........we've cancelled the service indefinately, there definately will not be a trip Sunday. Still, we did a run yesterday, so twice in one week was pushing it a bit. Car hire cancelled as well until further notice. The only good news is that it might not be a total write-off this time. Bodywork is kaput, but seems the chassis and engine stood up to it. Problem is we're fast running out of hire cars.

Lamp - uh thats encouraging news for all those who might have used your service. :D

Yes..........we've cancelled the service indefinately, there definately will not be a trip Sunday. Still, we did a run yesterday, so twice in one week was pushing it a bit. Car hire cancelled as well until further notice. The only good news is that it might not be a total write-off this time. Bodywork is kaput, but seems the chassis and engine stood up to it. Problem is we're fast running out of hire cars.

Hi Lampard

Sorry to hear about the accident, perhaps its time you got into a less dangerous occupation.

What about crocodile wrestling?

TBWG :o

Dead bodies = seats available :D

If you can get the 'minor' kinks worked out (killing people) maybe this will be a money-maker!

:o:D:D

Might have been better to post just a 'trip cancelled' notice Lampard!

Lots of people on the forum are willing to 'mis-read' the post and then have a dig at you. :o

No problem mate.......I can give it, so I must take some.

Anyway up-date on the story is the guy came to a village just as it started raining, two young kids ran out in front of the car, he touched the brakes and swerved to avoid them, and the car flipped.. I went to see the car this morning. It is in the breakers yard next to our Sport Rider. The owner automatically showed us to the Sport Rider. Between the two of them there is a good car. Any way this Friday my wife is getting 12 monks to come to the FC to cast out the evil spirits which are making our cars crash ( so it is nothing to do with the driving). After that the Pattaya run is back on.

:o

Might have been better to post just a 'trip cancelled' notice Lampard!

Lots of people on the forum are willing to 'mis-read' the post and then have a dig at you. :D

No problem mate.......I can give it, so I must take some.

Anyway up-date on the story is the guy came to a village just as it started raining, two young kids ran out in front of the car, he touched the brakes and swerved to avoid them, and the car flipped.. I went to see the car this morning. It is in the breakers yard next to our Sport Rider. The owner automatically showed us to the Sport Rider. Between the two of them there is a good car. Any way this Friday my wife is getting 12 monks to come to the FC to cast out the evil spirits which are making our cars crash ( so it is nothing to do with the driving). After that the Pattaya run is back on.

You should really leave the Taxi servie alone as the risks are too great given the amount of idiots driving on the raods in Thailand, stick to what you know best and invest more in the Bar and food which is less risk (bar food poisoning). I hope the monks get rid of all those evil spirits and then you will have only non-acholholic drinks left.

Sorry folks.........I have just read my original writing and there appears to be some confusion. The Car that crashed was a hire car, not the Pattaya run car. We knocked the run on the head, because my wife thought we were having a run of bad luck. Neither my wife or myself have had an accident. In fact my wife learned to drive in England with proper lessons, and is regarded by all that use her as a very good driver. Hope this puts things straight. I wondered where all the catty remarks were coming from.

Lampard10

Can you confirm that you/your wife or the TFC hold a license to operate this taxi service? - As well as the required insurance?

Similarly for Car rental - which strangely disappeared off your own website after the last smash? - Are renters covered by your insurance? If so what type of cover?

I have picked up on an awful lot of negative local gossip regarding this matter recently and providing the answer to this information in the public forum will stop the <deleted> talk and the jealous.

Cheers

Lampard10

Can you confirm that you/your wife or the TFC hold a license to operate this taxi service? - As well as the required insurance?

Similarly for Car rental - which strangely disappeared off your own website after the last smash? - Are renters covered by your insurance? If so what type of cover?

I have picked up on an awful lot of negative local gossip regarding this matter recently and providing the answer to this information in the public forum will stop the <deleted> talk and the jealous.

Cheers

Yes........our insurance covers it now. As the * TAXI* service is for our customers only, we do not need a special licence. When we get the Commutor and start more runs then we will apply for the necessary papers. The hirers are covered 'Fully Comp',as well.

Lampard10

Cheers

Yes........our insurance covers it now. As the * TAXI* service is for our customers only, we do not need a special licence. When we get the Commutor and start more runs then we will apply for the necessary papers. The hirers are covered 'Fully Comp',as well.

with offshore companies I hope?

• 11 months later...

Hi,

I tried to email the Majestic in Surin about a reservation but the email address doesn't work, does anyone have their email address? Also, the taxi service you speak of from Surin to Pattaya, is this still going on? I have to go to Surin in April but not sure if I'm staying the entire 26 days and was considering going to Pattaya for a week and didn't know if this taxi service for 900 baht was still happening. Any info on either the Majestic or the ride to Pattaya is appreciated. Also too, does anyone know of a taxi service from Bangkok to Surin, I hate the thought of a 5 hour bus ride, but got a quote from a service in Bangkok....4500 baht for the ride, seems like a lot.

Thanks again.....

Nhscotsman

What date are you going to BKK/Surin. I have a driver that I have used for the past 4 years. English is very good, driving is very good, and has a van. Last year it was 1800 Baht/day plus fuel and food/lodging if staying overnight.

I also will be in Thailand in April and if our dates do not conflict I will pass his number to you.

Hi,

I'm coming into BKK on April 17th and plan on staying in BKK for 4 or 5 days and then am heading to Surin with my fiancee and her 3 year old little boy. I'm staying in BKK so the little boy can enjoy BKK a little, he's never been to BKK and there is so much for a little guy like him to see. It amazes me that at 3 years old, he has never been to BKK....but whenever my fiancee ever went to BKK, she didn't feel a need to take him along and I told her this is something he needs to see and experience. I'll be in Surin till around May 8th if I dont get bored and head to Pattaya to see my future sister in law. If you have info on any other means other than a bus, I'd love to hear about it. I asked my fiancee on the phone this morning about taking a train to Surin and she said it's a very slow means of getting to Surin. She said the bus is 5 hours with 3 different buses.

Thanks though for any info you can give me,

Nhscotsman

Hi NHS

Although obviously more expensive, I usualy Fly PB Air to Buriram(1 hrs drive from Surin) and it takes 45 minutes ! I'v tried the Big-bus/train/hire car and the plane is worth every penny. See their website 4 details. I think its about 80 quid return.

Hope you all enjoy my hometown. I miss it like h-ll, whilst here in the UK :o

Regards :D:D