What Were Your Favorite Top 10 Current Television Series In 2012?

Jingthing

Not in order.

Southland.

Homeland.

Breaking bad

Game of thrones.

Top gear.

Modern family.

Justified.

Hell on wheels.

Californication.

Dexter.

I'm currently watching 'Gold rush Alaska'. It's kind of a love hate show. I'm hooked but if i was the boss of the Hoffman crew, i would of sacked them in the first season. In the second season, the show follows a 16-17 year old kid as well and he is more professional than any of the older crews digging gold. There constant fighting (which looks a bit put on for the camera's) and use of the same words is p_ssing me off. I think they used the word bedrock about a million times during the first season. aaaaaaaaaah.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 2013 US version of House of Cards was 95% filmed in Baltimore Maryland. A member of a Mercedes forum I was once a member (until I was banned for pissing off the racist owner) has a thread where one of the members went to the cast call for extras on the show was cast for none speaking, head in the back ground shots. Here is the thread if anyone is interested.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/off-topic/1643908-house-cards-baltimore-casting-call.html

The guy goes by Digmenow on the forum but his real name is Tom.

The 2013 US version of House of Cards was 95% filmed in Baltimore Maryland. A member of a Mercedes forum I was once a member (until I was banned for pissing off the racist owner) has a thread where one of the members went to the cast call for extras on the show was cast for none speaking, head in the back ground shots. Here is the thread if anyone is interested.

http://www.benzworld...sting-call.html

I went crazy and watched all 13 episodes during this week until late, and I have to say that is one excellent series. The unique delivery method may be the start of something big. I noticed Spacey executive produced the series too, so it really is his baby, and it shows in the smallest details. Again, must-watch viewing for political junkies.

I went crazy and watched all 13 episodes during this week until late, and I have to say that is one excellent series. The unique delivery method may be the start of something big. I noticed Spacey executive produced the series too, so it really is his baby, and it shows in the smallest details. Again, must-watch viewing for political junkies.

I finished up episode 13 last night around 11pm, it truly is an exceptional series, I read where Netflix appproved buy season 1 and 2 at the same time so all we can do is wait until next season.

Kemma did you see the original UK version of a House of Cards?

I finished up episode 13 last night around 11pm, it truly is an exceptional series, I read where Netflix appproved buy season 1 and 2 at the same time so all we can do is wait until next season.

No, I didn't see the original but I will definitely go chase it up on torrents and watch!

No, I didn't see the original but I will definitely go chase it up on torrents and watch!

It is still very popular and available on KAT with still 75 or 85 seeders as of last week. That is a lot seeders considering the first season came out in 1990 and the second in 1993.

It is still very popular and available on KAT with still 75 or 85 seeders as of last week. That is a lot seeders considering the first season came out in 1990 and the second in 1993.

I didn't check KAT, but just grabbed all 3 episodes of the mini-series quickly on piratebay. About 200 seeds, so good.

I didn't check KAT, but just grabbed all 3 episodes of the mini-series quickly on piratebay. About 200 seeds, so good.

Don't know how many episodes are on PB but there are 4 episodes from Season 1 (1990) and 4 episodes from Season 2 (1993).

Decided to check out some of the new stuff...

Banshee - definitely top of the list

Found a couple of UK miniseries that were decent - Nick Nickelby was amusing, Utopia is pretty good. Both probably less appealing to non-brits.

Borealis - stumbled across an s01e01 but maybe it was a pilot, dunno when/if it's going to be picked up but it showed potential

Transporter - pretty mediocre, okay for a moment of boredom but wouldn't be upset about missing an episode

Cracked - not great but not bad

1600 Penn - stupid, but for some reason I still watch it

Finally got round to watching World Without End. Not great, but good enough to make me go get Pillars Of The Earth and watch that too.

I assume some of you rememer the mini series from the UK back in 1991 (season 1) and 1993 (season 2) with Ian Richardson, House of Cards. Great political based show from the UK and all of the skullduggery and back stabbing in UK politics? It was a great little UK series on the same level as Sherlock now, just great.

Kevin Spacey has revived a new take of the same show based on US politics, financied by Netflixs and being shown on there now. I have only read about it but have downloaded the first 7 shows for season 1 (Netflixs is releasing and showing all of season 1 all ont he same week). 1 through 7 are available on Kat now.

Have to concur. House of Cards is superb. Kevin Spacey's brilliant in it. Downloaded the torrents - shame there's only 13 episodes. Series 2 being filmed this year.

I assume some of you rememer the mini series from the UK back in 1991 (season 1) and 1993 (season 2) with Ian Richardson, House of Cards. Great political based show from the UK and all of the skullduggery and back stabbing in UK politics? It was a great little UK series on the same level as Sherlock now, just great.

Kevin Spacey has revived a new take of the same show based on US politics, financied by Netflixs and being shown on there now. I have only read about it but have downloaded the first 7 shows for season 1 (Netflixs is releasing and showing all of season 1 all ont he same week). 1 through 7 are available on Kat now.

Have to concur. House of Cards is superb. Kevin Spacey's brilliant in it. Downloaded the torrents - shame there's only 13 episodes. Series 2 being filmed this year.

Just finished the entire original UK episodes, spread over 3 years, 1990, 1993, 1995. I have to say this series was superb, and yes, even better than the new US version with Spacey, which I've also seen. It's a great comparison of the two political systems too, and good for students of political history. Having seen both, it was obvious now how much the recent series copied from the old UK series, but because of the different political systems and cultures, there are meaningful differences and varying story lines.