What Were Your Favorite Top 10 Current Television Series In 2012?

Jingthing

No contest: Breaking Bad, then Walking Dead.

Game of Thrones, Rome, Dexter were all excellent. Best series of all time -- The Wire.

I can't believe I forget Breaking Bad! Yes, absolutely tops!

Since I had 10 already, I'll have to dump Friday Night Dinner and replace with Breaking Bad USA (favorite!)

Jinthing you're beginning to disappoint me, I thought you had a life. biggrin.png

I honestly cannot imagine where you got that impression. coffee1.gif

Do you watch television while you're on TV?

I remember when times were hard, on the previous job, we had to drink coffee and look out the window at the same time...

SC

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is a useful topic as I'm always on the lookout for good TV series but don't have time to 'test run' every one. Often it is word of mouth from friends at work. With that in mind, let's try to stay reasonably on topic.

• Like 1

I think this is a useful topic as I'm always on the lookout for good TV series but don't have time to 'test run' every one. Often it is word of mouth from friends at work. With that in mind, let's try to stay reasonably on topic.

Thank you, and the REASON I wanted to limit it to current 2012 shows is that already covers a HUGE number of shows. Of course this include series that ended in 2012 as well.

Whilst not adding any value to the thread, I am quite pleased to say that have never seen (or heard of) any of the programmes listed above. smile.png

I'll bet your favorite show is An Idiot Abroad.

Which channel was that on ?

was Jing'll Fix It on the list ??

• Like 1

Whilst not adding any value to the thread, I am quite pleased to say that have never seen (or heard of) any of the programmes listed above. smile.png

I'll bet your favorite show is An Idiot Abroad.

Which channel was that on ?

was Jing'll Fix It on the list ??

w00t.gif .................................................thumbsup.gif

If I had a calendar to hand I'd be counting down the days to the start of Superleague - in the rash expectation it will be on Astro again.

Otherwise, I've got nothing to look forward to bar armageddon, in the vain hope that we can avoid a humiliation in the Six Nations...

SC

Sons of Anarchy, cant believe it hasn't received a mention.

I just finished watching Bron / Broen (The Bridge) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bridge_(Danish/Swedish_TV_series) a subtitled nordic noir crime drama in danish and swedish. truly excellent, moody, wintry and dark.

Apparently it is being regurgitated American style a la The Killing, which i am trying to find in its original swedish form. That said The Killing US was very well transposed from its nordic roots to dreary seattle. the pathetic fallacy poured off the screen.

I prefer to download entire seasons of shows and watch them in their entirety over a few days.

because all my television is downloaded, I constantly look for something different.

This has led me to series like Underbelly from Aus, The Bridge mentioned above and a few other great finds like Downton Abbey (UK) Luther (UK) Wallander (UK SWED),

A recent miniseries was Secret State (UK) which led to watch A Very British Coup (UK circa 1980) upon which it was loosely based.

There is alot of great stuff out there, you just have to get proactive and find it.

I could never go back to mindlessly surfing channels.

OMG, just thought of another one!

Call the Midwife (UK); will have to dump Modern Family for that.

Keep 'em coming, tv fans.

I'm finding it hard to nitpick that Underbelly, etc, is far from current, because Underbelly sounds really interesting!

Edited by Jingthing

The run to the Challenge Cup Final was geat, if you're a Wire or Leeds fan, and simiarly to the Superleague Grand Final. Winning the Grand Final from fifth position, for the second year running, is a tremendous achievement for Leeds, and Kevin Sinfield, Jamie Peacock and Brian McDermott were as gracious in victory as you could hope for - one could not lose to a better team!

No other (rugby) competition on Astro had the same constancy and intensity (in my opinion). Although Superleague lacks the international drama of the Heineken Cup, week in week out it delivers intense and exciting rugby

SC

The run to the Challenge Cup Final was geat, if you're a Wire or Leeds fan, and simiarly to the Superleague Grand Final. Winning the Grand Final from fifth position, for the second year running, is a tremendous achievement for Leeds, and Kevin Sinfield, Jamie Peacock and Brian McDermott were as gracious in victory as you could hope for - one could not lose to a better team!

No other (rugby) competition on Astro had the same constancy and intensity (in my opinion). Although Superleague lacks the international drama of the Heineken Cup, week in week out it delivers intense and exciting rugby

SC

Did you post in the wrong thread? blink.png

Game of Thrones, Rome, Dexter were all excellent. Best series of all time -- The Wire.

A current one made by the makers of The Wire is TREME. Very good one but didn't make my 10 list, but close.

cant find a complete download for seeason one in 720 p, but interested

A current one made by the makers of The Wire is TREME. Very good one but didn't make my 10 list, but close.

cant find a complete download for seeason one in 720 p, but interested

It helps to be into JAZZ but not necessary.

SC

Did you post in the wrong thread? blink.png

Many times, though not in this instance. I really enjoy the rugby on television, and, as mentioned, the road to Wembley and Old Trafford as mentioned above. For drama, ecxitement, and suspense, history sometimes beats fiction.... to be honest, with all the time you have available to watch television, I am surprised that you have not woken up to the passion, the drama and the climatic excitement of

Let's hope we can enjoy the full season starting at the end of January next year

SC

One has to be quite a couch potato to be able to name 10 current series in 2012, let alone 10 favorites!

I would barely be able to name 10 all-time favorites.

Right. So do you have one or two for 2012?

hmmm.... since I am a Euro guy, my 2012 series are your 2011 and 2010 series, plus our few channels over here don't show too much series.

Well it's open to interpretation but I wouldn't categorize a sports season or tournament as a t.v. series.

You may find yourself much the poorer for not following Warrington in their recent triumphant years in the Challenge Cup, There can be few stadia as evocative, as epitomal of triumph, as Wembley. We should remember that the longest journey begins with a single step, unless the football league fuc_ks us about with stupid clashes with international fixtures (check the Edinburgh Eagles website if needs be)

SC

Can't make the full 10 but:

Big Bang Theory - usually catch this one each night as the timing is good, always good for a laugh

Homeland - recording the current series and watching it when I have the time

Modern Family - same as above

Walking Dead - the bosses must watch show each Sunday night and find I do enjoy the show - finished now until season 3 in Feb.

In no particular order, although Homeland is my favorite drama, and Episodes my favorite comedy:

Homeland

Episodes

The Newsroom

Wilfred

Suits

Scandal

Mad Men

Justified

Longmire

Breaking Bad

Honorable mention:

Downton Abbey

The Good Wife

Treme

edited to add: many people seem to like Homeland. Has anyone seen the Israeli series this is adapted from, "Prisoners of War"?

Edited by lomatopo

I find USA stuff similar to Thai stuff. w00t.gif

I knew it was only a matter of time before the Thai and US-bashing brigade arrived.

You are totally wrong, BIG TIME.

I have the greatest admiration for my US cousins, but not for their television sorry. sad.png

Sorry, but you are way behind the times. There are some great American TV programs these days. Some decent shows that have not been mentioned.

Sons of Anarchy

Falling Skies

American Horror Story

Boss

Criminal Minds

Eastbound and Down

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1