Proof Of Residency For My Bank

If the OP lives in Thailand all year, regardless of what type of visa he may have, he can be considered to be resident in Thailand and all he needs to do is to give his bank his address here along with some proof of it such as a bill in his name. Whether or not the UK (or the US) regard him as non resident in that country is a different matter, for tax purpose he would need to have a letter from the Revenue stating that they agree he is now non resident for it all to be kosher.

I dont pay taxes in my stupid country, I live on a tourist visa, each time 1 year, because my air ticket is valid only 1 year. But the bank charges taxes on my bank interests, that is the only problem

The bank s very strict, they don't want any bills, hotel contracts etc.

They want proof residency. I still wonder how to get it. I don't have an apartment, I rent. I work online with my laptop, not with that people, but with USA

I hope this is enough info about the situation.

I dont pay taxes in my stupid country, I live on a tourist visa, each time 1 year, because my air ticket is valid only 1 year. But the bank charges taxes on my bank interests, that is the only problem

They want proof residency. I still wonder how to get it. I don't have an apartment, I rent. I work online with my laptop, not with that people, but with USA

Use your rental agreement. Do you have a UBC contract, Internet, electric, telephone, a letter from your juristic person, there's loads of options. Have to say that in nine years of dealing with numerous banks on and offshore UK I've always been able to get my interest paid gross of tax using what I've described as proof of residency. Even the UK identity requirments law uses those bills as proof of residency - BTW what bank are we talking about here.

Working here illegally then are we?

Not another e-bayer perchance?

Go to your embassay and get a letter of residence.

Use your rental agreement. Do you have a UBC contract, Internet, electric, telephone, a letter from your juristic person, there's loads of options. Have to say that in nine years of dealing with numerous banks on and offshore UK I've always been able to get my interest paid gross of tax using what I've described as proof of residency. Even the UK identity requirments law uses those bills as proof of residency - BTW what bank are we talking about here.

only nine years- just a new kid on the block.

If you dont pay tax you can fill out HMRC form R85 and give it to your bank and they will pay the interest gross of tax.

Form R85 is only for residents. Form R105 is for non-residents.

It is not at all clear as to which country the OP is from anyway, so those forms may not even apply to him. All we know is that he comes from a "stupid country", and that leaves a lot of scope.

I don't know about the EU, however for my situation (New Zealand), I'm a non resident for tax purposes if I reside in another country for 183 or more days of the year (or it might be am absent from NZ for 183+ days I can't remember exactly, likewise it might be tax year not year).

Via my online banking I was able to change the tax rate to Thailand (so a lower %), my bank still charged me resident withholding tax though (albeit at a lower rate), and I can declare the RWT, from my NZ bank, in Thailand when I file my tax return.

Also if you have any property, earning rent, this is a non moveable asset, and so must still be taxed in the country where the property is located.

As I said initially, this is how it works for my situation, I don't know if it's the same in the EU. However, I would assume that it is the same/similar, as there are tonnes of tax treaties which are all worded roughly the same way, because the governments need to avoid taxing someone twice, or allowing someone to avoid paying tax simply by living in another country.

Just another 'resident tourist' who wants detailed information but doesn't want to even give the basics like his nationality and his banks domicile. Saying that he is from the EU and so is the bank is worthless. It all sounds Greek to me.

Sad but true itr seems

If you are on a tourist visa, I would think you're a tourist, not a resident. That said, you would usually get a proof-of-address from your embassy (check with them) or from the immigration office (but only if you have filed a 90-day report).

Please be aware that if you work in Thailand, you need a work permit. It does not matter whether your clients are in the US or anywhere else, and whether you work online or in an office. It matters that you are in Thailand when you work. Sorry, that's the law in Thailand. I don't know the chances of being caught, but now you are aware of it. It is up to you to take the risk, nothing more I can say. Good luck!