The Worst Road In The World For Bikes?

Familyonthemove

I will add to the list HWy 2 from Nakhon Ratchasima to Khon Kaen. Traffic wise it is OK and mainly straight but it is concrete and one has to continually check that one's teeth haven't been shaken out.

Southbound I agree especially in the left lane but northbound it is better.

Much of Bombay. Even a lot of new roads give you the impression that you are riding on oval wheels. Pulling away from traffic lights surrounded by buses, trucks, tuk tuks, scooters, taxis that are replicas of 1950s Austins, elephants and holy cows, you could be excused for thinking you're a contestant in the Wacky Races. All that's missing is Dick Dastardly and Muttley.

• Like 2

Much of Bombay. Even a lot of new roads give you the impression that you are riding on oval wheels. Pulling away from traffic lights surrounded by buses, trucks, tuk tuks, scooters, taxis that are replicas of 1950s Austins, elephants and holy cows, you could be excused for thinking you're a contestant in the Wacky Races. All that's missing is Dick Dastardly and Muttley.

Cows are fine in India. They know how to handle the traffic. But bicycle riders and pedestrians are worse and more thick headed than cows somehow:lol:

I had some dangers with monkies. They jump to roads suddenly and sometime even to your head!

Delhi traffic waa worst man. Mumbai at least have some bigger roads.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect App

I used to live in Mumbai/Bombay and rode an Enfield Bullet Thunderbord 350. Yes - the roads are terrible with huge, truck-swallowing pot holes, dust, dhood wallahs (bicycles with milk churns), cows, pigs, beggars, more dust, autorickshaws, constant traffic jams, misleading or missing road signs, constant beeping of horns and even more dust (except in the monsoon when it floods). But ..... the local authority is incable of building the Metro so there's no equivalent to the BTS to hold in the fumes, and because there's such chaos and so many bikes the traffic jams are total; i.e bikes and cars both come to a stop - so road speeds are very low in the city making it less scary than it first appears. So Bangkok's Sukhumvit Road is still worse in my view.smile.png

Edited by Familyonthemove

I used to live in Mumbai/Bombay and rode an Enfield Bullet Thunderbord 350. Yes - the roads are terrible with huge, truck-swallowing pot holes, dust, dhood wallahs (bicycles with milk churns), cows, pigs, beggars, more dust, autorickshaws, constant traffic jams, misleading or missing road signs, constant beeping of horns and even more dust (except in the monsoon when it floods). But ..... the local authority is incable of building the Metro so there's no equivalent to the BTS to hold in the fumes, and because there's such chaos and so many bikes the traffic jams are total; i.e bikes and cars both come to a stop - so road speeds are very low in the city making it less scary than it first appears. So Bangkok's Sukhumvit Road is still worse in my view.smile.png

Once again, I invite you to Phuket! Chok dee

• Like 1

Here is a new one, requiring a new pair of underpants,

On the main highway 2 in central Khon Kaen, some dip-shit decided to drop some concrete in the bikers lane. With my eyes constantly scouting for the obligatory potholes, I was heading into these rock hard moguls before I knew it. On any other bike but a fat tyred Phantom I would have been off and on my face, followed by a truck running over my turn-ups.

Nice invisible death-trap, thanks lads, this fairly new addition to the KK road system is likely to catch a few out in the future. I may go back there and paint it red before someone else does.

On the main highway 2 in central Khon Kaen, some dip-shit decided to drop some concrete in the bikers lane. With my eyes constantly scouting for the obligatory potholes, I was heading into these rock hard moguls before I knew it. On any other bike but a fat tyred Phantom I would have been off and on my face, followed by a truck running over my turn-ups.

Nice invisible death-trap, thanks lads, this fairly new addition to the KK road system is likely to catch a few out in the future. I may go back there and paint it red before someone else does.

your insane if you even use the slow or bike lane

theres always sand and gravel trhat gets dropped by trucks on that road and always idiots pulling out in front of you at 20km/ph

i travel in the middle or fast lane and its much nicer ride ,trucks carrying 40 tonnes

of sand and spilling some all the way dont tend to be in the rightmost lane and the road

quality is higher with less holes

Edited by YipYipYa123

This was a fast lane bike lane (central reservation) I was turning right, I made an early move to avoid all the cars trying to beat the lights so there was nowhere to go, not even a shimmy.

I do normally use the bike lane on a highway (with one eye in the mirror in case of potholes) as I am normally cruising at 65-70kph and don't fancy HGV's up me jacksy.

I was told that many of the HGV drivers are the big drinkers, it help combat the boredom, apparently.

theres always sand and gravel trhat gets dropped by trucks on that road and always idiots pulling out in front of you at 20km/ph

i travel in the middle or fast lane and its much nicer ride ,trucks carrying 40 tonnes

of sand and spilling some all the way dont tend to be in the rightmost lane and the road

....But then the police will fine you for driving in the right lane

....But then the police will fine you for driving in the right lane

if you stop they might ......smile.png