Outrage Grows In India Over Gang-Rape On Bus

News_Editor

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Does not get worse than this. 6 guys raping and bearing poor girl in front of her boyfriend, then sticking a metal pole up her tearing her insides and throwing her off a moving bus. These are animals, not humans. Disturbing to think people act this way and a society somewhat tolerates such conduct. The demonstrators should be pissed.

• Like 1

Raping someone is bad enough as it is, but then beating them to death? <deleted>??? There's a special place in hell for these people!!!

Beaten to death was a cop actually, by the demonstrators against rape. Was buried yesterday. Seems that to defend women wasn't on the agenda of some of the demonstrators, but to commit violence themselves. What are the safest places in the world, where rape is rare? I don't know, but I feel Persia is amongst them. They hang rapers from cranes.

Not if they're working for their so called government http://www.reuters.c...E89A1O920121011

This makes me feel ashame to be a man. Poor Indian women are stuck between a rock and a hard place. Not only the risk to be raped, anytime the husband can trow acid in their faces.sick.gif

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=acid+attacks+india&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=5JLfUI3EHoiSrgfKs4HIAw&biw=1366&bih=643&sei=7JLfUI-dEs7orQeH14GoAQ

As the victim has now died the charges will be upgraded to murder. Is rape/murder a capital crime in India?

Rarely used but I think this will be such an occasion

http://en.wikipedia....shment_in_India

Note that this development makes it easier for authorities to play tough, without needing to actually review or amend existing laws. If the suspects will face the death penalty it would be for the murder charge, not the rape. Also, while politicians are quick to vow for swift justice, the Indian legal system got its own pace (pretty much the same as Thailand's).

Reading what happened to that young lady brings out the animal in me. A quick death is too good for them.

The best punishment would be if they are all given a life sentence (with no chance of parole), to be spent in a solitary manner in an extremely tiny cell, with only 1 hour a day given to go outside the cell.

By the way, yesterday, on TV, I saw how the Indian security forces were treating the demonstrators. Some officers were brutally beating the demonstrators on the ground with batons. India has got a long way to go, regarding ending police brutality !

^^^^^^, actually I dont know what a facist is.

Its a term of abuse I hear thrown about, but nobody seems to be able to define it,

Historians, political scientists and other scholars have long debated the exact nature of fascism.[20] Each form of fascism is distinct, leaving many definitions too wide or narrow

Copied from here,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascism

The word fascist is sometimes used to denigrate people, institutions, or groups that would not describe themselves as ideologically fascist, and that may not fall within the formal definition of the word

The above was copied from here,

http://en.wikipedia....ascist_(insult)

Hence my asking the question, what is a facist.

Should we call left wing dictatorships facist?

What about middle eastern theocracies?

Anyway back on topic, I hope India hangs them.

This is not really the thread to discuss this but I guess I should have used the term 'bigoted' instead of 'fascist'. But still I insist that the word 'fascist' is not really wrong to describe the religious and nationalist extremists around the world. In fact, for example, I am sure you would agree that there is only a thin line between nationalism and fascism.

Edited by JemJem

^^^^^^,

I wouldnt be so arrogant as to tell the Saudis for example how to put their house in order, their treatment of the, Shi ites, Bedoiun and the Tihamis speaks for itself.

In fact I fimly believe we in the west could learn a thing or two about, multi cultural societies and how to deal with them from, Pakistan and Saudi Arabia, Malayasia is no slouch either when it comes to passing racist apartheid rules and regulations.

Perhaps we should send a fact finding delegation from such places as, Blackburn, Preston, Bradford and Rotherham, I await their findings.

<Pakistan and Saudi Arabia, Malayasia is no slouch either when it comes to passing racist apartheid rules and regulations.>

But they're not white, so it must be OK. Remember, only whites can be racist!

Raping someone is bad enough as it is, but then beating them to death? &lt;deleted&gt;??? There's a special place in hell for these people!!!

Beaten to death was a cop actually, by the demonstrators against rape. Was buried yesterday. Seems that to defend women wasn't on the agenda of some of the demonstrators, but to commit violence themselves. What are the safest places in the world, where rape is rare? I don't know, but I feel Persia is amongst them. They hang rapers from cranes.

Uhh, you do realize that the country you refer to allows for rape. unless the woman can bring 3 male witnesses that say it was rape, there was no rape.

please try again.

• Like 1

Not quite on topic? But read somewhere once that a society could be judged on how it treated it fellow females and animals.

If they treated both the same as property, cruelty and disdain, that society had never matured from the dark ages.

If on the other hand a society treated women as individuals with the same rights as a man, treated its animals with compassion.

Then that society had left the dark ages behind.

We are all born (male/female) of a woman, so we are all the same, no one better, no one inferior.

Pom song satang

Raping someone is bad enough as it is, but then beating them to death? &lt;deleted&gt;??? There's a special place in hell for these people!!!

Uhh, you do realize that the country you refer to allows for rape. unless the woman can bring 3 male witnesses that say it was rape, there was no rape.

please try again.

One Indian rape victim was pressurised by a defence lawyer, to marry her assailant in India!.

I have read somewhere that one of the suspects is a juvenile. I think that in a case like this (actually I feel that in ALL murder cases), juveniles should be tried as adults ! Do you folks agree ? At least, it should be like this : if the juvenile is in the 16-18 age range, he should be tried as an adult, if it is a murder case.

Edited by JemJem

I have read somewhere that one of the suspects is a juvenile. I think that in a case like this (actually I feel that in ALL murder cases), juveniles should be tried as adults ! Do you folks agree ? At least, it should be like this : if the juvenile is in the 16-18 age range, he should be tried as an adult, if it is a murder case.

If anyone freely commits an "adult" crime, they should be tried as an adult. Most of the 14 year old boys back home are bigger than me, and some are pretty aggressive.

6 men to be charged with rape. according to BBC. No mention of murder charges.

The five are accused of assaulting the woman on a bus in New Delhi, leaving her with such severe injuries that she died two weeks later. They were not present in court.

A sixth accused is under 18 and is due to be tried separately in a juvenile court.

A public prosecutor read out charges including murder, gang rape and criminal conspiracy.

http://in.reuters.com/article/2013/01/03/india-delhi-gang-rape-charges-idINDEE90207420130103?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+reuters%2FINtopNews+%28News+%2F+IN+%2F+Top+News%29

If I remember correctly, under Indian law the maximum sentence for a juvenile is 3 years imprisonment.

It does seem too lenient for some cases.

If I remember correctly, under Indian law the maximum sentence for a juvenile is 3 years imprisonment.

It does seem too lenient for some cases.

I hope you remember wrong because that would be so annoying if he gets away with only 3 years' imprisonment.

But I am sure that due to the uproar, the others will get either the death penalty or life sentence with no chance of parole. I don't think any of the five will get out of jail alive.

unfortunately India is a bit like Thailand, if you have money you can kill whoever you want without any prosecution. One only has to look at the some of the politician that shot a policeman in the head, he was promoted and then the girl that killed people while driving illegally, she doesn't get her drivers license till she 21. Much of a muchness, it not what you do but who your parents are although hopefully with these rape cases the offenders will be killed. My 14 y/o daughter was raped and killed in Sydney in '89, the bastard responsible was a police informant and all the evidence disappeared then he laughed at me after they ruled it death by misadventure, was a real shame he died unexpectedly.biggrin.png

Edited by Scott
formatting

Was referred to these two examples this morning:

Two minors convicted in the sensational Maulana Azad Medical College (MAMC) rape case which rocked the capital four years ago were set free by the Delhi High Court on the ground that they have undergone the maximum sentence of three years under the Juvenile Justice Act.

The two boys were convicted by the Juvenile Justice Board (JJB) on September 03, 2003 and ruled that they be kept in the remand home till they attain the age of 18. One is going to be a major in December this year and the other in December next year.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2007-08-24/delhi/27957164_1_juvenile-homes-khooni-darwaza-maulana-azad-medical-college

Age was really on his side. As a 16-year-old boy, he had murdered his relative 19 years ago. He had spent two years and four months in juvenile remand before being granted bail during the trial and appeal before HC, both of which convicted him and sentenced him to life.

The Supreme Court accepted Dharamvir's plea that he was a juvenile when the murder was committed. It upheld the conviction. But under the Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection) Act, he could be sent to a remand home for a maximum period of three years, whatever be the crime.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2010-04-25/india/28136806_1_juvenile-home-remand-home-juvenile-justice

• 2 months later...

It would seem one of the suspects has escaped justice.

India gang rape suspect kills self

NEW
DELHI, Mar 11, 2013 (Menafn - UPI via COMTEX) --Ram Singh, one of five
suspects in the fatal gang rape of a 23-year-old woman, committed
suicide Monday morning, authorities said.

Singh was found hanging in his Tihar Jail cell about 5 a.m. sources told the Press Trust of India.

India
TV reported jail official said Singh used his shirt to hang himself
from the grills of his cell. He was rushed to a hospital but was
declared dead on arrival.

Singh and the other four defendants were to have been produced before the fast track court Monday, India TV said.

The
Hindustan Times said Singh, the 33-year-old driver of the bus where the
victim, a college student, was raped and her boyfriend beaten, faced 13
criminal charges that could have resulted in him receiving the death
penalty if convicted in the Dec. 16 assault.

The Times said authorities considered him the one who instigated the brutal attack.

Edited by Chicog