Applying For Pr

I am planning to apply for my PR next year

I understand there is a quota system.

May I know, what are the chances of getting a PR ? Is it difficult and is the quota always full each year ?

How long does the process take ?

How much is the total fees involved ?

Any help is very much appreciated

Thanks

May I know, what are the chances of getting a PR ? Is it difficult and is the quota always full each year ?

Thanks

Desmond, this is a much discussed topic here on TV. There are some very good recent threads. Do a TV search for "permanent residency" Heaps of good info.

Also, I beleive there are some people waiting for your response in regards to your 10 min non-imm extension post. Especially in regards to your extension status.

Its always a good idea to see a thread through to its conclusion.

Thanks

Desmond, this is a much discussed topic here on TV. There are some very good recent threads. Do a TV search for "permanent residency" Heaps of good info.

Also, I beleive there are some people waiting for your response in regards to your 10 min non-imm extension post. Especially in regards to your extension status.

Its always a good idea to see a thread through to its conclusion.

Thanks, what is TV search by the way ?

I did not see anyone asking anything on that thread about the 10 min extension. So I did not post anything further

A TV-search is to click 'Search' in the menubar, appearing on top of every page in the ThaiVisa forums, and enter one or more keywords in the searchfield of the page that appears - 'permanent residency' is a good suggestion.

However, I think you'll find that the needle eye is so small, that quotas aren't much of an issue. I also think you'll find that you'll either have to forget about PR or figure out a way to become a substantial taxpayer.

A TV-search is to click 'Search' in the menubar, appearing on top of every page in the ThaiVisa forums, and enter one or more keywords in the searchfield of the page that appears - 'permanent residency' is a good suggestion.

However, I think you'll find that the needle eye is so small, that quotas aren't much of an issue. I also think you'll find that you'll either have to forget about PR or figure out a way to become a substantial taxpayer.

Thanks for the info about the tv search

You said I have to forget about PR or find a way to become a substantial taxpayer ? Why is this so ? Do you mean I must have a job in order to become a PR ? I am on non-immigrant 'O', married to a Thai. Do you mean that I must have a job to entitle for PR ? Anyone , please shed some light here. I was shocked to hear that. But it is not as bad as I have about a year or more to prepare if this were really the case

desmond - you may be a nice, but slightly naive guy.

please do a search and come with questions once you got the basics about PR covered.

there are most helpful people in here. but to teach you the ABC is none of their pleasure.

Danone, I don't find you matured either. If you do not have anything to contribute, don't post for the sake of posting.