A New, Cheap And Excellent Thai Rum On Market Now

jaideeguy

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any Thai "rum" or "whisky" is just an industrial waste product with additives to further toxify the chemical cocktail. I can't believe there are educated people who actually drink that stuff.

Most Thais can't make the difference between a spirit , whisky, rum, vodka or brandy. There isn't a classification of a scotch, Irish, cognac, or whatsoever.

Now its the farangs, who many became wannabe Thais, started a trend of buying cheap booze for the sake of being drunk.

For me, the cheapest i would go, is either the jameson irish or red label.

What's the point of drinking if what u drink taste like piss?,

...some good memories of getting legless on Pusser's in Cane Garden Bay..lol.....not heavy enough I thought...

A bar on Kauai used to serve a fantastic bar rum think it was called Island Bay or something from Jamaica...thick enough to stand a spoon up almost..excellent and cheap...never seen it anyplace else.

.Actually have found the big brand light rums are somewhat bland after Thai rums..good news for the pocket book! Still treat myself when on R&R with Captain Morgan though.

Want to see Thai dark rums now..that would be good!

Will check out OPs suggestion...thx

The 'dark' or amber in the rum is just the molasses that is added for flavor and color. I now think that the dark color is psychological, as it you taste the uncle Tom's white rum next to Capt Morgan, you will taste a full flavor in UT. Capt Morgan is swill!!

To the OP, jaideeguy ... thanks for the heads up about this.

Just back from the BigC with a bottle in tow and not bad gear at all ... thumbsup.gif

Some web based information ... Uncle Tom-G,R

Smooth enough to drink as a shot, nice when mixed.

Agreeing with many that Mt Gay is a benchmark rum ... but also enjoy InnerCircle Rum (if there are any Aussies reading this).

The world's top-selling overproof white rum, the legendary Wray's dominates the Jamaican rum scene, accounting for over 90% of all rum sold.

219 is far to mutch to spray on my bike chain,cannot think of any other use.Do not serve to guests they may misunderstand and think they are at a murder mystery weekend or victims of a practical joke VILE 0/10

Mehkong rum is still available, but is now marketed as a up market drink. I think it's something like 450 Baht for a bottle.

I wouldn't even drink it if it was 45 Baht.

I heard that too but Baht 450 is too expensive for what it is; that's GBP 9,00/US$ 14,70/EURO 11,10. It used to be a fraction of that :-(

Any Thai "rum" or "whisky" is just an industrial waste product with additives to further toxify the chemical cocktail. I can't believe there are educated people who actually drink that stuff.

Why is that? Natural ingredients are cheaper than any bought chemicals. Try Charles House R. (175Thb/0.7l) Pure sugarcane. Not five star but ok.

Fatfather

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Thaivisa Connect App