A New, Cheap And Excellent Thai Rum On Market Now

jaideeguy

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always been a fan of rums and there are a few in Asia.....the premium aged Tanduay rums of the Philippines is world class and the old Thai 'Maekong' wiskey, shich is actually a rum to my taste was decent, but stopped producing.

There is a new Thai Rum on the market now that is quite good.....called 'Uncle Tom R'. It's a clear rum, which I normally don't like, but it's a full bodied, smooth rum with taste and aroma of molasses and according to the label made from sugar cane. The same company makes an Uncle tom V and G, which I wouldn't recomend. Best of all it's priced at 219thb per bottle.

So far, it's only available in Tesco and Big C. Check it out if you like rum.

Ooooooooweeeeeeeee! Uncle tom rum, that sho sounds like som mighty fine drinkin massa!

I wonder how they are getting on with exporting this product to the US....whistling.gif ....one suspects it will be as the export of "Darkie" toothpaste a few years back...biggrin.png

• Like 1

I've always been a fan of rums and there are a few in Asia.....the premium aged Tanduay rums of the Philippines is world class and the old Thai 'Maekong' wiskey, shich is actually a rum to my taste was decent, but stopped producing.

There is a new Thai Rum on the market now that is quite good.....called 'Uncle Tom R'. It's a clear rum, which I normally don't like, but it's a full bodied, smooth rum with taste and aroma of molasses and according to the label made from sugar cane. The same company makes an Uncle tom V and G, which I wouldn't recomend. Best of all it's priced at 219thb per bottle.

Ooooooooweeeeeeeee! Uncle tom rum, that sho sounds like som mighty fine drinkin massa!

Sent from my GT-S5660 using Thaivisa Connect App

Yo dat sho sou' lak so maghty fie drinkin! Ya' know wha' I'm sayin'?

What wid ah gots ta do ta teach yo? brace yo'sef foo'!

I wonder how they are getting on with exporting this product to the US....whistling.gif ....one suspects it will be as the export of "Darkie" toothpaste a few years back...biggrin.png

I wonder how "Black Cock" would do back in the US?tongue.png

smells of molasses means its def made from molasses, the by product of sugar cane, rather than cane juice(most rums are made from molasses apart from a few s american and french caribbean rums). Will try this out, thanks for posting.

Edited by fish fingers

I wonder how "Black Cock" would do back in the US?tongue.png

my understanding is it does pretty well

Edited by tinfoilhat

Tesco also sells Bermuda xxx, an Indian rum. It is 40% alcohol and gets you pissed.

So does lighter fluid.

Ethanol

C2H5OH

Butane

C4H10

I would not recommend drinking liquified butane if I were you, my old black pudding.

Tesco also sells Bermuda xxx, an Indian rum. It is 40% alcohol and gets you pissed.

So does lighter fluid.

Ethanol

C2H5OH

Butane

C4H10

I would not recommend drinking liquified butane if I were you, my old black pudding.

You have to inhale it. Gasoline also works, can't recommend it though.

There is a shop on the corner 2nd road/Pattaya Klang that sells Stroh 80 Rum from Austria. The 80 is for the alcohol in %. Excellent taste. Try and stop bothering about soft drinks.

That stuff is lethal I had some a couple of yrs ago made the mistake of necking a shotglass of the stuff and couldnt talk for nearly 20 minutes as it was like drinkning anaesthetic and tasted like it as well and at around AU$60 for a 350ml bottle its well expensive .

So does lighter fluid.

Lighter fluid? Who could afford to drink lighter fluid here in Thailand? Even when you can find it, it is far to expensive to drink. tongue.png

I bought a bottle of Tom's rum last night - pleasantly surprised. Had a few Cubre Libras, might try it in Mojitos tonight, think it will work well.

Definitely a superior taste to Bacardi (which I never touch). I'm a fan of aged Havana (5-7 years) and Mount Gay myself. Anyway, this is a good find, cheers OP!

• Like 2