Dtac Cheating ?

jbrain

I have a prepaid Dtac 3G data plan. Connection is crap, but that's another story, and it is the only one working ( ?) where I live.

I have this for 8 months now and the package expires on the 21th of each month, today so.

I always have the balance uploaded at the local Dtac counter, but when I check balance it will always say this package remains for another 11 periods.

So that mean I will everytime start a new cycle of 12 months, however I always top up before it expires. I don't have an issue with that.

What I however have an issue with is that if I check my balance in the morning of the 21th it will say, your package is valid until 7 pm of today and you have used (for example) 80 Mb of your 3 Gb allowance.

After I have topped up it will show, your package is valid untill 7pm of the 21th of next month and you have used 80Mb of your 3Gb allowance.So they are already deducting my allowance from the package that have to start, while my current package is still not expired.

This happens every month. Last month I made an issue when I went to top up and they called the call center.Of course, sorry sir for the inconvenience we will reset and it will never occur again.

In 3 hours my package expires, and I have used already 73 Mb from the package that still have to start.

Why nothing in Thailand can work the way it should work ?

Dtac really get on my nerves, I used to have a blackberry package that was BBM only no internet nothing and it was fine, at the end of every month when the package stopped they would start charging for Internet even though I wasnt using it.

Edited by 2008bangkok

Do you check it on the 22nd? Does it still say 80mb? Or does it say 1mb?

As I said , when I check after I have topped up, it will show the new validity date of the next month but it will show I used the 80 Mb already.

As I said , when I check after I have topped up, it will show the new validity date of the next month but it will show I used the 80 Mb already.

Does that mean at the end (21st) of the next month, it is at 160mb?

Do you top it up on the 21st or the 22nd?

Does that mean at the end (21st) of the next month, it is at 160mb?

Do you top it up on the 21st or the 22nd?

My package is valid until 21st at 7 pm. I top up about 1 hour before the expiry time.

Every 21st of every month in the morning it will start using data from the package that stil have to be topped up.

My package is valid until 21st at 7 pm. I top up about 1 hour before the expiry time.

Every 21st of every month in the morning it will start using data from the package that stil have to be topped up.

So ... back to the original question:

It probably gets reset overnight.

I top up about 1 hour before the expiry time.

Why bother going to trouble of topping up 1 hour before expiry? It doesn't matter when you top up. With DTAC can top up any time after expiry and get a full data plan package with prepaid. This can also be done yourself by simply entering a text message on your mobile SIM, no need to get a shop to do it for you. Details on the DTAC web site.

The 'periods' thing is telling you how much longer your package will last.

After 12 months it gets canceled, unless you tell them to renew it.

I understand about the periods, and I don't have an issue with it even if it would remain forever since I use the sim only in an aircard, and only top up exact the money needed for my package

@ Whybother : No it doesn't get reset overnight, because first of all the validity date get reset right after I top up but not the used balance, and when I checked on the 22nd 2 months ago the used balance had just increased from the day before so there had definitely not been any reset.

I understand about the periods, and I don't have an issue with it even if it would remain forever since I use the sim only in an aircard, and only top up exact the money needed for my package

@ Whybother : No it doesn't get reset overnight, because first of all the validity date get reset right after I top up but not the used balance, and when I checked on the 22nd 2 months ago the used balance had just increased from the day before so there had definitely not been any reset.

OK ... What happens by the end of the month? Do you have 160 MB?

OK ... What happens by the end of the month? Do you have 160 MB?

Sorry but I don't get your point.

I have a 3Gb allowance, I don't check my usage every day since the sim is inserted in a aircard which sits in a router, when I ocassionally check my usage during the running month I see an average usage of approx 100 Mb a day.

I only see that 24 hours before my data plan expires it resets the counter. I doubt I have used only 80 Mb over a month.I also see that there is no reset after I top up.

To proof that Dtac has a miserable account management. My current data plan expired at 6.45 pm this evening.There is 0 baht balance in the prepaid sim. It's now 10.28pm and I'm still using the Dtac 3G smile.png

I have a 3Gb allowance, I don't check my usage every day since the sim is inserted in a aircard which sits in a router, when I ocassionally check my usage during the running month I see an average usage of approx 100 Mb a day.

I only see that 24 hours before my data plan expires it resets the counter. I doubt I have used only 80 Mb over a month.I also see that there is no reset after I top up.

To proof that Dtac has a miserable account management. My current data plan expired at 6.45 pm this evening.There is 0 baht balance in the prepaid sim. It's now 10.28pm and I'm still using the Dtac 3G smile.png

It's not that hard to use 80MB.

But anyway, you've looked at it over a number of months on the 21st. Does it keep going up? Or does it mysteriously disappear at some stage before you look at it at the next 21st?

Have a look at the usage once a week and report. If it is always going up and never gets reset, then you have something to complain about.

Overall, if you have a 3GB limit and you're only up to 80MB, you won't need to worry about it for a couple of years.

It's not that hard to use 80MB.

But anyway, you've looked at it over a number of months on the 21st. Does it keep going up? Or does it mysteriously disappear at some stage before you look at it at the next 21st?

Have a look at the usage once a week and report. If it is always going up and never gets reset, then you have something to complain about.

Overall, if you have a 3GB limit and you're only up to 80MB, you won't need to worry about it for a couple of years.

Maybe it's my English, but I think the issue is somewhere else.

My 3Gb allowance should start counting from the moment I start a new data plan, which is around 7pm on the 21st of each month. You understand that yes ?

My 3Gb allowance however starts counting at 7pm on the 20th of each month.Keep in mind that there is never any balance in the card. ISo by the time I start a new dataplan at 7pm that evening, which I pay cash at the Dtac counter, I have already 80-100 Mb or more used from the dataplan that still has to start.

You also read in my previous post that I DON"T have a data plan for the past 4 hours and ZERO Baht balance in my sim but are still happy surfing and downloading.

Edited by jbrain

My 3Gb allowance should start counting from the moment I start a new data plan, which is around 7pm on the 21st of each month. You understand that yes ?

My 3Gb allowance however starts counting at 7pm on the 20th of each month.So by the time I start a new dataplan at 7pm that evening I have already 80-100 Mb or more used.

You also read in my previous post that I DON"T have a data plan for the past 4 hours and ZERO Baht balance in my sim but are still happy surfing and downloading.

I don't think it's your English, but that is the first time you have mentioned the 20th.

All I am suggesting is that it takes some time to reset the data usage. You have only mentioned checking it around the time that you top up/start your new month.

Check it next week and tell us what's happening.

My 3Gb allowance however starts counting at 7pm on the 20th of each month.So by the time I start a new dataplan at 7pm that evening I have already 80-100 Mb or more used.

I don't think it's your English, but that is the first time you have mentioned the 20th.

All I am suggesting is that it takes some time to reset the data usage. You have only mentioned checking it around the time that you top up/start your new month.

Check it next week and tell us what's happening.

In post #11 I wrote that 2 months ago I checked it on the 22nd and that it wasn't reset.

I guess I will not be able to check it next week since my data plan is finished for more than 4 hours already, while I still posting this while using it, and it will never be topped up.

So when it stops working, I will buy a data plan from another provider.I keep you informed how long I'm able to use without a balance.

I've re-read the OPs posts several times and honestly can't figure out what the issue is - I understand that English is not everyone's first language.

In theory the data counter should get re-set sometime on the 20th - the plan runs from the 21st of the previous month to the 20th of the following month - and any monies for the next period would be deducted on the 21st. At least that's how it has worked for me for the past 10 months. If your aircard UI cannot originate SMS/USSD then you could manage your account via eServices. That said, if you are unsatisfied with the service then you should obviously not keep giving them your business, assuming you have other options.

Edited by lomatopo
  • Like 1

I've re-read the OPs posts several times and honestly can't figure out what the issue is - I understand that English is not everyone's first language.

In theory the data counter should get re-set sometime on the 20th - the plan runs from the 21st of the previous month to the 20th of the following month - and any monies for the next period would be deducted on the 21st. At least that's how it has worked for me for the past 10 months. If your aircard UI cannot originate SMS/USSD then you could manage your account via eServices. That said, if you are unsatisfied with the service then you should obviously not keep giving them your business, assuming you have other options.

Thanks for your advice.

I have changed to True move H already, and indeed Dtac will not get my business ever again.

When I ask for the status of my account and I receive a sms that my account is valid until 21 December at 18.45, then I assume it is 21 December and not 20 December or does 21 has a different meaning in English.

If the the sms says VALID untill 21 December 18.45, then it is NOT normal that the counter is reset sometime during the 20th of December but keeps connecting while there is ZILCH money in the account.

As to the OP Title "DTAC Cheating?" ... from the evidence, I would say, No.

So to you it's all normal that Dtac sent me an sms " this account is valid until 21 December at 18:45 " but reset the counter 24 hour earlier so that at the time you start your new package at 21 December 18:46 you have 1 day usage already.

I have started a new prepaid dataplan with True Move H on 22 December and they sent me an sms that my package is valid until 20 January at 00:00 so I don't expext them to restart the counter on 19 January 00:00.

So to you it's all normal that Dtac sent me an sms " this account is valid until 21 December at 18:45 " but reset the counter 24 hour earlier so that at the time you start your new package at 21 December 18:46 you have 1 day usage already.

I have started a new prepaid dataplan with True Move H on 22 December and they sent me an sms that my package is valid until 20 January at 00:00 so I don't expext them to restart the counter on 19 January 00:00.

Unless the following month the number is at 160MB, then at some stage it gets reset. Just because the data doesn't get reset instantly, doesn't mean that they are cheating you.

Unless the following month the number is at 160MB, then at some stage it gets reset. Just because the data doesn't get reset instantly, doesn't mean that they are cheating you.

The data get's reset BEFORE the package expires.A few hours before my package expires my balance will show " you have used 80 Mb of your 3Gb allowance ". Do you really think that after 29 days of usage one has used only 80 Mb?

I have an average usage of 100 Mb a day spread over a month since my package has a 3Gb limit and in the 10 months I have used it there was only 1 month I went over the limit.

When I start a new package and I check my balance just a few minutes after that I will receive a sms " your package is valid until 21 of next month and you have used 80 Mb of your 3Gb allowance. That means the data counter isn't reset from when I checked during the previous package, however the date validity has been reset.After 24 hours of usage of the new package I will have close to 200 Mb used. Or 100 Mb actual usage + 80 Mb usage transferred from the previous plan.

• 2 weeks later...

I am equally annoyed that I got a message telling me that I had used 120 MB of my 150 MB plan when the Mobile Connect software showed a total of 80MB both Down and Up.

So I called 1678 for the Operator. Pressed 4 for the Operator, got a stupid message in Thai trying to sell me something and then got cut off. Three times. DTAC are going downhill.

They would usually be my operator of choice. But these two rather glaring errors will ensure I move my business to TRUE and AIS.

Will report back if the same thing is happening there too.

What is the reply to *101*4#?

I generally find that data measurement applications are not always reliable. My custom ROM (4.1.2) has an accurate measurement application, and I also find Droid Stats to be reliable in that both match DTAC's meter.

Assuming TrueMove/TrueMove H and/or AIS/One-2-Call have the services you require it may be best to experiment with them, or switch outright.

People here usually fit into one of two categories:

My service provider sucks, and so does yours.

My service provider is great, and yours sucks.

YMMV.

Was just a daily package, so happily I could switch the very next day. Would have checked again, but went out for dinner and by the time I got home, it was one minute past midnight.

Using AIS with my ZTE MF60 now. Where are the claimed speeds? Pulling down 68 KB/s. Pathetic. :)

What is the reply to *101*4#?

I generally find that data measurement applications are not always reliable. My custom ROM (4.1.2) has an accurate measurement application, and I also find Droid Stats to be reliable in that both match DTAC's meter.

Assuming TrueMove/TrueMove H and/or AIS/One-2-Call have the services you require it may be best to experiment with them, or switch outright.

People here usually fit into one of two categories:

My service provider sucks, and so does yours.

My service provider is great, and yours sucks.

YMMV.

As near as I can figure, the data counter re-sets at 00:01, and payment is withdrawn ~ 15:00, on the same day each month. My plan runs from Month n/day 6 to Month n + 1/day 5, then at 00:01 on Month n + 1/day 6 my data counter re-sets to zero MB, then around 15:00 on Month n + 1/Day 6 payment is drawn down from my balance. So for some 15 hours (on Month n+1/Day 6) my data counter is increasing before money is paid. Not sure if this explains the issue the OP was having?

I continue to get decent performance with DTAC/Happy - maybe 3X that of TrueMove H in those places where I have a signal from both.

post-9615-0-88532100-1357529712_thumb.jp

• 1 month later...

Today Saturday 16 February my Dtac 3G cheat package expired at 6.40pm.

As I said previous my sim is in a dongle so at 5.30pm right before I left home I took it out, placed it in a phone and dialed *101*4*9# send and got the message your internet package is valid utill 18.40 on 16/02/2013 and remains for 11 periods. " You have used 108,36 Mb of your 3G allowance ".

I shut down the phone with the sim still inside and went to the Dtac shop at Pattaya Big C extra.

I asked them to renew my 3 Gb package which costs 650 Baht + 45.5 Baht VAT = Total 695.5 Baht. At the counter is a sign 3Gb = 650 Baht + 45.5 Baht VAT = 695.5 Baht ( 730 Baht ) .

There are similar calculations for different packages on that sign

I ask the lady, which is by the way very agressive and unhelpful, what the extra 34.5 Baht is for. She snarls that otherwise she can not reactivate an internet package.

I ask her why it is possible at any 7/11 to just top up 700 Baht and activate a package.She say 7/11 can not !!

Long story short, she only top ups 700 Baht to my number but doesn't activate a new internet package and writes this in Thai at the back of my receipt.

I return home at 10 Pm, remind you my sim is still in my shut down phone, I reopen the phone and check my balance by dialling *101# and it shows 704.5 Baht. ( I had 4.5 Baht left from my previous top up )

I dial again *101*4*9# send and get the message, " you have not subscribed to any internet package ".

I dial *104*23*9# send to activate a new 3 Gb package and shortly after receive the message that it is activated.

I dial immediately again *101*4*9# send and get the messages " your package is valid until 16/03/2013 at 22.08 and remains valid for 11 periods ". " You have used 108,36 Mb from your 3 Gb allowance " .

So I call 1678 and ask what is going on and tell her that I have reported this a few times already. The lady checks and confirms that I have used 108,36 Mb from my package and acknowledge that this is impossible as I have activated it only 5 minutes earlier.

She can not reset the counter since that has to be done by the " specialist " technicians,but says that it will be done a.s.a.p. and will call me on my private number as soon as it has happened.

We are now more than 1 hour after I called the service line.

I'm using the package right now, so will be unable to know how much data I use and if they will reset it, but can anyone confirm if Dtac called them that they reset my counter because for sure they didn't call me.

I have changed to True move H already, and indeed Dtac will not get my business ever again.

It turns out that they all have practice of cheating, some even blatantly steal bah.gif

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/614244-true-move-now-charging-when-you-hit-your-limit/#entry6049107

The next day all credit from my card had dissapeared and that was the very last day True corporation could count me as a customer.