Dtac Cheating ?

jbrain

And just found out that a day does not have a set amount of hours.

Was in a pub last night with a friend, explaining him the capabilities of his brand new smartphone.

He didn't have a data package yet, so to reduce the cost of our trialing/speedtesting, we subscribed to a 1 day package (49 Baht + vat, 1 day/150 Mb according to website).

Subscribed at 23:48, package expired at 24:00.

Rather expensive 12 minutes of internet!

One2Call day packages run 24 hours from the moment of subscribing.

Apparently to get value with Dtac you better wake up early!!

Oh, and no sms on expiry at midnight, found out around 00:40 when everything stopped working due to his 210 Baht credit being eaten up...

A quick check on the data balance simply said that he wasn't sunscribed to any package, hence we found out the 1Day package ends at midnight...

• 3 weeks later...

Following up:

I have been pre-paid with DTAC for ~ 13 months. I just had to renew my 1 GB/399 data plan last month as it ceased to auto-renew after 12 installments, as expected.

Anyway, my mobile data plan seemed to auto-renew exactly at 18:05 today, at which time my data usage reset to ZERO MB and my balance was reduced by 399 baht not sure if they took any additional for VAT?

Anyway, maybe theyve sorted out any issues others may have been experiencing?

Re: the calendar day vs. 24 hour thing, it sucks. T-Mo does the same thing in the U.S. where I pay $3/day for unlimited voice/text/4G - the clock turns at midnight.

Edited by lomatopo

Since 3pm I was unable to log on with my Dtac 3G at my location in Nong Palai. As my package expired at 10pm today, and I'm used to the Dtac practice that they like to steal a bit, I didn't make much of it and drove to the Dtac shop at Tesco Pattaya to top up and register a new package.

Top up and register new package at 4pm. Get confirmation that package is registered and valid until 16 April, chaeck balance and get message that my total allowance of 3GB is used and will only get 384KB. As I'm still in the shop I give them to read the message and call the call center.

Of course it was MY fault but they will register again. With exactly the same results, so call again and the package get's registered 3 more times by the call center with always the same result " your allowance of 3GB at maximum speed is used up ".

We are then 5.20pm already and I'm getting bit hot so tell them to return my money which I have just topped up and put their sim where the sun doesn't shine.

Of course that is not possible, but after some decisive arguments from me which attract some bystanders, I get my money back.

I then go to the Dtac shop at Big C Extra and buy a new sim and top up another 700 Baht, and activate the internet package for which I get confirmation message.

At 7pm I arrive at home and insert the new sim in my aircard but can not connect. A balance check gives me a single message that my package is valid until 16 April but i don't receive the balance message.

So back to the call center, keep in mind that they charge 3 Baht a minute for that, and get to hear the usual crap from restart phone, switch on the microwave, make 4 saluts etc.

But Ok there is no problem at their side and they will reset my connection and everything will be fine in 15 minutes.

While waiting I call a friend who lives at Siam Country club near the railway, so merely 15 km from me, and he tells me that his Dtac 3G is also down since this afternoon.

As my connection of course doesn't work after 15 minutes I call the 1678 again and ask them if there are problems with the 3G which she promply denies, of course.

When I tell her that my friend who's for sure not connected to the same signal tower as me also has no connection, and some more arguments thrown at her head, she admits that 3G is down in Pattaya and that only 2G can be used but at a very slow speed.

So when I get mad and shout at her why I'm calling to the service center for 6 hours and nobody notifies me that the system is down, she says that nobody has complained yet laugh.png

So in short Dtac 3G is down in a major area for 6 hours already and they stil continue to tell their customers that there must be a problem with their sim or phone, without informing them that the system is down.

Have you ever seen any more disgustable people anywhere in the world?

How much was that latest penalty Dtac received for having their system failures?

I think it was 10 Million Baht, but my opinion is that it should be a tenfold.

Thailand the 3G hub of Asia clap2.gifclap2.gif clap2.gif

Edited by jbrain

Since 3pm I was unable to log on with my Dtac 3G at my location in Nong Palai. As my package expired at 10pm today, and I'm used to the Dtac practice that they like to steal a bit, I didn't make much of it and drove to the Dtac shop at Tesco Pattaya to top up and register a new package.

Top up and register new package at 4pm. Get confirmation that package is registered and valid until 16 April, chaeck balance and get message that my total allowance of 3GB is used and will only get 384KB. As I'm still in the shop I give them to read the message and call the call center.

Of course it was MY fault but they will register again. With exactly the same results, so call again and the package get's registered 3 more times by the call center with always the same result " your allowance of 3GB at maximum speed is used up ".

We are then 5.20pm already and I'm getting bit hot so tell them to return my money which I have just topped up and put their sim where the sun doesn't shine.

Of course that is not possible, but after some decisive arguments from me which attract some bystanders, I get my money back.

I then go to the Dtac shop at Big C Extra and buy a new sim and top up another 700 Baht, and activate the internet package for which I get confirmation message.

At 7pm I arrive at home and insert the new sim in my aircard but can not connect. A balance check gives me a single message that my package is valid until 16 April but i don't receive the balance message.

So back to the call center, keep in mind that they charge 3 Baht a minute for that, and get to hear the usual crap from restart phone, switch on the microwave, make 4 saluts etc.

But Ok there is no problem at their side and they will reset my connection and everything will be fine in 15 minutes.

While waiting I call a friend who lives at Siam Country club near the railway, so merely 15 km from me, and he tells me that his Dtac 3G is also down since this afternoon.

As my connection of course doesn't work after 15 minutes I call the 1678 again and ask them if there are problems with the 3G which she promply denies, of course.

When I tell her that my friend who's for sure not connected to the same signal tower as me also has no connection, and some more arguments thrown at her head, she admits that 3G is down in Pattaya and that only 2G can be used but at a very slow speed.

So when I get mad and shout at her why I'm calling to the service center for 6 hours and nobody notifies me that the system is down, she says that nobody has complained yet laugh.png

So in short Dtac 3G is down in a major area for 6 hours already and they stil continue to tell their customers that there must be a problem with their sim or phone, without informing them that the system is down.

How much was that latest penalty Dtac received for having their system failures?

Thailand the 3G hub of Asia clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Good luck.... working now?

Edited by skippybangkok

Thailand the 3G hub of Asia clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Good luck.... working now?

At 4pm today I received a message from Dtac that the problem was fixed, however I was able to use the new sim I bought already since about 11am.

After I received the sms I checked againand the old sim, from which I got my money refunded, is also able to log in now.biggrin.png

I'm downloading from it right now. Just another sign that Dtac's system is seriously messed up.