Your Mouse

ignis

Wired Mouse to your PC/Laptop how long dose it last ?

What make ?

Appears mine always starts to play up after a few months, non that I have bought last that long ?

cheap no name to more expensive named ones lucky to last 6 months........ Present one is starting to play up, bought 4 months ago "Logitech"

Did have for years a Microsoft Ball mouse, some years ago now puppy found the cord hanging downsad.png , here could not find one with the ball on the top, just could not get the hang of useng a side ball

Edit that should read Microsoft Trackball

Edited by ignis

I don't want anything fancy with a lot of buttons and I'm not a gamer. I just wanted a simple mouse that would last longer than most of what is available in the local shops. I bought this one and so far, so good. I have probably bought a half dozen that failed within a year.

http://www.invadeit.co.th/product/mice/razer/abyssus-gaming-mouse-p006087/

Always buy a higher end Logitech, My current mouse is getting on to four years now, never a hint of trouble, and a very good gaming mouse too.

What is a high end mouse ? No not need wireless, my present Logitech was a little over 700 baht !! last week/10 days getting worse, click and opens most times 2 of everything, right click works when it feels like it. or will highlight word or object.............. could have bought 3 x cheap one for the price and lasted 2x longer !

My mouse is not wireless but it is meant for gaming so it has a lot of extra buttons, 7 plus a scroll wheel. Same mouse for nearly 4 years speaks for itself.

Some times you pay more and you get more, but probably a lot of cheap mice are also running for years and years. It's a gamble.

No more cordless for me. I bought one that had a charger with it. It wasn't long before I had to leave the charger plugged in to even use it. The cord doesn't bother me at all.

ADDED - the charge port was on the opposite end as the corded ones. I simply threw it in the waste basket.

Edited by Gary A

Can you still buy the corded one ? would be interested in that one,

All I have seen is the wireless one you have to charge right ? feel sure I would never remember to do that.

As soon as you get used to the trackball there great, few days you wonder why you ever used a normal mouse.. My UK MS one was great, sadly could not find one the same here, maybe will go back and get another

Make sure it feels comfortable in your hand before buying, the one I bought here feels uncomfortable and so is difficult to use.

Edited by ignis

The logitech wireless mouse that uses normal AA batteries M505.

Batteries last about 6 months

Agreed Tommo. My current Logitech battery mouse has been my friend for about three years now and the batteries last quite a while.

I haven't used a wired mouse in years. I have been using Logitech wireless 'laser' mice. In fact my Logitech G7 is so old that I now have to replace the rechargeable batteries it came with. I expect to get another 3 to 5 years of service out of it before needing another battery replacement.

Seriously, go wireless, you'll be glad you did. I couldn't go back to a wired mouse now. And Logitech make very good wireless mice.

• Like 1

Love my Logitech G500 wired gaming mouse for everyday use. Precise, durable and can write macros for the extra buttons.

I have the Logitech MX518 wired Gaming mouse and it's the best I've ever had. Have one at home and one at the office, each around 3 years old. Also a compact Logitech wireless mouse for my media center. Batteries last between 12 to 18+ months on it.

Many thanks

Looks like I must look at the Logitech gaming mouse, never looked because the only games I play if ever are Mach 3, or simple games like that. see which one feels the best in my hand

This is the one I have MX518. Very light and comfortable but not sure of availability now. I'm sure they have a replacement model by now.

logitech_mx518.jpg

Many thanks

Looks like I must look at the Logitech gaming mouse, never looked because the only games I play if ever are Mach 3, or simple games like that. see which one feels the best in my hand

This is the one I have MX518. Very light and comfortable but not sure of availability now. I'm sure they have a replacement model by now.

logitech_mx518.jpg

The new one looks to be 1,190 baht @ Invadeit

Info page from link on Invadeit : http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/optical-gaming-mouse-g400?crid=7

Many thanks

logitech_mx518.jpg

I had this too.. Wifey is using now... Mine still working well after 3+ years

Two buttons. One wheel. Small and cheap. Had it over 2 years now. Cannot read the label properly but it says 'model M/312' Hard to see because the paper has worn away.

Looking on the net it appears to be an Advent optical cable mouse PS2 connection

Love my Logitech G500 wired gaming mouse for everyday use. Precise, durable and can write macros for the extra buttons.

I have the Logitech MX518 wired Gaming mouse and it's the best I've ever had. Have one at home and one at the office, each around 3 years old. Also a compact Logitech wireless mouse for my media center. Batteries last between 12 to 18+ months on it.

I have the same mouse, we've been together for 3.5 years now. It needs cleaning once in a while but, apart from that, it is wonderful.

I've never had a mouse fail. Not once.

I've had dead batteries, a dirty hole on "laser" models, a dirty ball on the ball type which I took out and cleaned along with the wheels, using alcohol, a warn and slick mouse pad, a failed PS2 port which required a change to a USB model, and maybe things I can't remember. But I have a box full of old mice from upgrading and all still work.

Right now I have a wireless Logitech laser model without rechargeable feature. Model M505 it says. The batteries last less than a year, seems like.

The other question.... if i buy one of these far more expensive gaming mouse, should I go to a different O.S will it work ?

As said before have an old Microsoft trackball mouse, went up and go it out of the junk room, then the fun starts, drivers, .. long story short = could not get it to work even in 'compatibility mode' in Win 7........ no matter what I tried always comes up as incompatible Application.

Keep thinking will get a new PC soon, if it has say Win 8, or Linux already and like it, would a mouse till work ?

First, I'm really surprised that an old basic mouse won't work. There are basic drivers built into Windows and it should plug and play. That one I can't answer.

I have two "first" methods for determining compatibility. The first is to go to a web site where the hardware is sold and look at specifications. They usually list compatibility, even if you have to download drivers from the manufacturer. Here's an example. Scroll about half way down the page to "compatibility."

Link

The second is to go directly to the manufacturer's web site and surf for drivers for an item. If they have the driver then...