Quality Of Bikes Made In China

wantan

Ive got a 2011 lifan and it goes very well im a clued up mechanic and ive inspected it thouroghly its simple in design but is still a good little bike ive clocked it at 155kph with a 32t sprocket on the back drilled carby jets ram tube air filter and slipon can muffler,I also have a 1993 kawasaki zzr(ninja)which is a great bike but the lifan aint too far off in performance reliability is yet to be seen cause the kwakas at 65,000ks and the lifans only done 3500ks.post-193727-13859040776695_thumb.jpgpost-193727-13859040999679_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You do not seem to get it

I am not rich enough to go through the pain of buying cheap shit only to have to fix or replace it later with a proper bike

Oh no i get it but thats something no one can predict and good thing im a mechanic so take my word for it splash out on a cheap lifan and do yourself a favour.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Someone mentioned what Japan "was" and what it is, presuming China can head that direction.

NO.

Before WWII, Japan was already a quality manufacturer. How else does one think they managed to attack the US fleets at Pearl Harbor? The Japanese are good engineers, and like the Germans, had to climb back from WWII but they already had the brains and talent. Sure they needed loans and help. They were devastated.

Now 60 years later China is still a copier, and a poor one at that. They try to copy what the West invents and usually poorly. The only time they do a good job of making something is when it is invented, supervised and quality controlled by Westerners or Japan. China's forte is supplying cheap labor, not innovation. It has grown and grown by supplying cheap labor and massive pollution at costs below what the West can do with environmental controls and higher labor costs.

As to bikes, there was a rush of Chinese bike dealers in the US, selling small, crap 50cc and 100cc scooters. I don't know of a single one that's still in business but of course Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki etc. has been doing very well for decades.

Don't get too out of breath about China. It has a huge population so of course its number of items manufactured will be large, but that doesn't mean they meet the quality standards for the rest of the world. That proves only that they aren't even good copiers unless supervised by the West. Does anyone want a Chinese car? Not the Chinese. If they can afford it they buy a Cadillac manufactured by Cadillac in China.

• Like 1

I don't want to go too far off topic here but, I'm sorta sold on buying the Lifan 250. I keep seeing people say its a China bike, But from what I've been told and read it's built in Thailand. It seems to be better built than Keeway or the Phantom. true or false...............................

Someone mentioned what Japan "was" and what it is, presuming China can head that direction.

NO.

Before WWII, Japan was already a quality manufacturer. How else does one think they managed to attack the US fleets at Pearl Harbor? The Japanese are good engineers, and like the Germans, had to climb back from WWII but they already had the brains and talent. Sure they needed loans and help. They were devastated.

Now 60 years later China is still a copier, and a poor one at that. They try to copy what the West invents and usually poorly. The only time they do a good job of making something is when it is invented, supervised and quality controlled by Westerners or Japan. China's forte is supplying cheap labor, not innovation. It has grown and grown by supplying cheap labor and massive pollution at costs below what the West can do with environmental controls and higher labor costs.

As to bikes, there was a rush of Chinese bike dealers in the US, selling small, crap 50cc and 100cc scooters. I don't know of a single one that's still in business but of course Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki etc. has been doing very well for decades.

Don't get too out of breath about China. It has a huge population so of course its number of items manufactured will be large, but that doesn't mean they meet the quality standards for the rest of the world. That proves only that they aren't even good copiers unless supervised by the West. Does anyone want a Chinese car? Not the Chinese. If they can afford it they buy a Cadillac manufactured by Cadillac in China.

Exactly NeverSure, not to mention the over riding cultural differences and regard for quality design ahead of a quick buck.

Anyone hear about the Chinese copy of the Shinkansen?

But be prepared for the Chinese brigade to begin their rants!

Quality of Chinese made bikes is crap. I wouldn't buy one for sure. And why would you buy a Chinese made bike if you can buy a Japanese made bike.

Unless your father is McGyver and your mother is uuuhhh Crocodile Dundee and you like technical adventures.

• Like 1

Quality of Chinese made bikes is crap. I wouldn't buy one for sure. And why would you buy a Chinese made bike if you can buy a Japanese made bike.

Unless your father is McGyver and your mother is uuuhhh Crocodile Dundee and you like technical adventures.

aha, Another Chinese bike hater comes out of the woodwork. Tell me o wise one, how do you know that chinese bikes are crap. Did you own one that let you down or are you just regurgutating crap you read on the net probably posted by other chinese bike haters .

Some Chinese made bikes may be crap but certainly not all. as has been proved in some of the threads on this forum

Edited by pokerkid

aha, Another Chinese bike hater comes out of the woodwork. Tell me o wise one, how do you know that chinese bikes are crap. Did you own one that let you down or are you just regurgutating crap you read on the net probably posted by other chinese bike haters .

Some Chinese made bikes may be crap but certainly not all. as has been proved in some of the threads on this forum

Was living in China for many years (still visit China often) and owned at least 7-8 crappy Chinese made bikes (because there was nothing else available). In general, the Chinese like things to be cheap, therefor the law quality. Price over quality.

Edited by Nickymaster
  • Like 1

Was living in China for many years (still visit China often) and owned at least 7-8 crappy Chinese made bikes (because there was nothing else available). In general, the Chinese like things to be cheap, therefor the law quality.

like i said, not all ...

Was living in China for many years (still visit China often) and owned at least 7-8 crappy Chinese made bikes (because there was nothing else available). In general, the Chinese like things to be cheap, therefor the law quality.

like i said, not all ...

yeah whatever dude!

yeah, but most pretty Chinese girls I met were gold diggers. Pretty Japanese are more relaxed. Don't know about the ugly ones though...

i dont wait too long for the start of the mining processlaugh.png

• Like 1

Bought a Platinum 125 in 2007. Rode it until this fall, when I bought a PCX.

Copy of a Honda Wave - and not a good copy either. Slow, crap brakes.

But, in all the years I rode it, only put fuel in it and changed the oil.

Never a problem, other than that the speedo went south at 161 km and they were not able to repair/replace it.

• Like 1

No, you get a kiss and bonus points for choosing the right thread for your general complains about chinese quality emot-kiss.gif.pagespeed.ce.EAwNQWAQZf.gi

Oww....now that's showing a bit of Chinese love right there! - can't say that's low quality.... :D

• Like 1

No, you get a kiss and bonus points for choosing the right thread for your general complains about chinese quality Posted Image

Is it easy to get a kiss like that?!!!:lol:

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app