Nokia Lumia 920

LawrenceChee

Saw a couple last week at KSK when out for a new phone. Pricing was generally around 21500 baht.

Side by side with HTC I think Nokia comes ahead.(slightly bigger display but less pixels, better battery, bigger memory, wireless charging). Downside was thicker, heavier, front camera only 1mp, and to me picture not as smooth.

In the end went for the Samsung Galaxy SIII, slightly less price, constantly getter better and free apps and of late have had more faith in android/google development than windows. Nokia have certainly fallen a bit in the last two years I don't think anyone saw that coming so fast so far. Last phone was a HTC with android and it was superb to use (simply ran out of memory in the end, still a great phone, no longer (through ap development) a great smart phone. Very pleased with my SG though.

I have been using a HTC One X for almost 6 months and it is a very good phone. I has used Nokia prior to that, but I decided I wanted a smart phone that used Android. I figured that Android will have the biggest range of Apps and flexibility in the future.

One good point about HTC is that they have a free helpline you can use for technical problems wherever you are. I have used that twice.

The lack of a removable battery could be a problem if you use the phone a lot and cannot recharge it easily. The battery life is just okay, but that is really my only gripe.

If I was buying today I would probably get the Samsung galaxy SIII.

Anyway, all the bigger shops at Airport Plaza have it. There is also a dedicated Nokia shop. SiamTV on the moat also has it.

It's worth getting for the camera alone, some really impressive stuff. And then there are the Nokia apps (turn by turn navigation etc) that you don't get on the competing HTC model, the 8X.

Indeed Android has loads more apps available, with the new Windows Phone 8 platform being a new OS. It does run Win phone 7.x apps, but still you're making an assumption that the platform will take off well, so that more apps get developed for it.

In the way it looks and feels though I find it a generation ahead of both Android and iOS. Really slick, modern and none of the goofiness of Android widgets and general clutter. But again that's no guarantee that it will take off; the list of really good things that failed to get traction against lesser competition is verrry long.

Thanks for all the great points, I have an ipod touch so from IOS apps, I am happy and satisfied, a bb is great for the price packages in Thailand but the camera lets you down and lately more and more are saying RIM is almost RIP and I beliebe it...will miss typing on a real keyboard

The Nokia appeals from the reviews of the camera, navigation and the free Nokia Music...I have been paying for it on itunes and after 200+ songs it's bites into you. I went the last time to the Nokia store and didnt get the 900 as the salegirl was happy to tell me 920 coming out in 1 mth ka, better buy that one ka...love the Thais :-)

Windows 8 also appeal...as I work on many hospitality projects around Asia, the real phone function is not that important as getting mails on wifi since I cannot carry so many SIM cards.

Will buy it on my return and update on use....after comparing it to the Nokia 820 which is about $200 and seems to have only a lesser MPG camera

while the new windows mobile seem to have the potential, i suggest waiting for awhile to see if devs are going in for. at the current stage, its not even near to the android or ios level, maybe not even at symbian level. if you notice, nearly every single windows mobile platform had been a failure, from wm03, to wm5, wm6.5, only the pocket pc did fairly well.

Thanks Jeff ! Time for you upgrade as well maybe mate ? We can both get it !

Agree Rookball Symbian was a failure true and true...probably too smart for developers to work with at that time..we only need to think abt Apple's Newton pad to know at times technology may be too smart for the times for an actual use...