100 Replies Or More?

swissie

What are the odds this one getting to 100? smile.png

And here I was, fingers poised above keyboard ready to jump in and make the 100th post in this crucial thread .... providing it hadn't gone off topic by then of course.

What was the topic by the way???? blink.png

Opening a thread. Discussing something. Closing the thread.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My bet is 99:1 that one of the sooooooo nice Mod will close this down with his 99th reply whistling.giftongue.png

I take that bet! More importantly i will know WHO pushed the red button if he does..

That would be worth another bet... which of the Mods will get the honour... maybe there is already a fight ongoing behind the scenes beatdeadhorse.gif

Mr swiss1960, dont you think it would be inappropriate and show of low self esteem if you closed this topic at #99? In some strange way i feel you try to mean good.smile.png

Naaa, it's Christmas... I consider the close at #99 a present for the Mod wai.gif

What are the odds this one getting to 100? smile.png

And here I was, fingers poised above keyboard ready to jump in and make the 100th post in this crucial thread .... providing it hadn't gone off topic by then of course.

What was the topic by the way???? blink.png

Opening a thread. Discussing something. Closing the thread.

Thanks for your help... was about to loose track of what I'm writing about... w00t.gif

• Like 1

coffee1.gif i still have no reason to believe this thread will close at 99. Many of the posters have been supportive. Only a few like yourself have been critical but surely not negative.

One should remain positive, even in the face of adversity.

coffee1.gif i still have no reason to believe this thread will close at 99. Many of the posters have been supportive. Only a few like yourself have been critical but surely not negative.

I feel misunderstood by you... all I'm doing is HELP the OP to get close to 100 as fast as possible... all the rest is out of my hands, as we all CLEARLY know that our so beloved and revered Mod's would never listen to any of us... tongue.png

Post 65, 35 to go.

With most topics that go over the magically figure some people read the opening page and then post. They fail to read what has been already stated

Now post 67. 33 to go

I sometimes feel a thread doesn't even really begin to warm up until it reaches the 150 mark.

There is a whole crew of insomniacs coming on TV shift in a few hours time.

Think of the non sleepers!

I feel misunderstood by you... all I'm doing is HELP the OP to get close to 100 as fast as possible... all the rest is out of my hands, as we all CLEARLY know that our so beloved and revered Mod's would never listen to any of us... tongue.png

Chickening out? i thought you had some stamina...

Naaa, it's Christmas... I consider the close at #99 a present for the Mod wai.gif

end quote

And you post Christmas cards to yourself by mail as well?

Sure did! Together with my own Christmas present... my flight to celebrate Xmas and NewYear in Thailand clap2.gif

I think they do listen. They're just not always as entertained as we are.

• Like 1

Naaa, still holding on to my bet... but since I'm currently the only one who paid into the pot (cash only bets...), I'll be the winner anyway intheclub.gif

Edited by Swiss1960

One should remain positive, even in the face of adversity.

I agree. But i didnt read any negative posts in here, so far.

When a red button is presented i get motivated instead of discouraged.

Naaa, still holding on to my bet... but since I', currently the only one who paid into the pot (cash only bets...), I'll be the winner anyway intheclub.gif

Only thing you paid is attention, fellow. I am grateful for thatwai.gif

Post 65, 35 to go.

With most topics that go over the magically figure some people read the opening page and then post. They fail to read what has been already stated

Now post 67. 33 to go

This is a fair point. I'm sometimes guilty of that - but if a thread gets really long, are we obligated to read all of it before we respond to the OP...I know one can sometimes look like an ass by not doing so but is it wrong?

And I often don't agree with closing threads (tend to think they should die out due to lack of interest or a general feeling that it shouldn't be continued)...but I think it would be great if the Mods closed this thread at 99.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

• Like 1

Naaa, still holding on to my bet... but since I', currently the only one who paid into the pot (cash only bets...), I'll be the winner anyway

Only thing you paid is attention, fellow. I am grateful for thatwai.gif

Don't forget that 99 is considered to be a lucky number in Thailand, so the op should also be grateful for my idea thumbsup.gif

Post 65, 35 to go.

Now post 67. 33 to go

This is a fair point. I'm sometimes guilty of that - but if a thread gets really long, are we obligated to read all of it before we respond to the OP...I know one can sometimes look like an ass by not doing so but is it wrong?

And I often don't agree with closing threads (tend to think they should die out due to lack of interest or a general feeling that it shouldn't be continued)...but I think it would be great if the Mods closed this thread at 99.

Exception on this thread is you dont have to do your homework and read all the previous posts. So you want to see this closed at 99 as well?

thats 2 out of the 30 participants who felt the urge to tell this.

Post 65, 35 to go.

Now post 67. 33 to go

HA!!! You see Dancealot??? I am getting support!!! clap2.gif Thanks SteeleJoe

99 lucky?

So you desire the closing to be ON #99 or before #100. Technically i need 100 posts to reach this insane goal. Didnt you figure that our by now?

Aaahhh... getting depressed... see you don't pay attention to my posts... clearly wrote before that the Mod should close with #99... blink.png

Post 65, 35 to go.

Now post 67. 33 to go

Exception on this thread is you dont have to do your homework and read all the previous posts. So you want to see this closed at 99 as well?

thats 2 out of the 30 participants who felt the urge to tell this.

I was reading through and was about to post half way through but thought I'd better get to the end first and now I've forgotten what it was I was going to say.......Never mind I'll just be a number to count in passing.

99 lucky?

So you desire the closing to be ON #99 or before #100. Technically i need 100 posts to reach this insane goal. Didnt you figure that our by now?

Aaahhh... getting depressed... see you don't pay attention to my posts... clearly wrote before that the Mod should close with #99... blink.png

But you didnt set the rules. MrTywais did. Attention, pleasethumbsup.gif

Steely joe is cool.

Arent you by any chance related to the OP swissie?

Thanks dude (assuming you weren't being sarcastic). You're a favorite poster of mine. Despite your failure to support the Close At 99 movement.

See, something's happening already. I haven't read everyone's posts, but was the OP right? It's usually about now (in the 80's or so) that things start to go haywire and a mod may have cause to consider closing the thread