100 Replies Or More?

swissie

Can this be considered off-topic now?

I suppose all the replies beyond 100 replies are off-topic.. or on-topic if one wishes to go where no man has gone before.

No, we've been there before. Did you not contribute to the over 500 posts in the thread of deliberately off topic posts? Which made them on topic by virtue of their existence. I think.

Sorry, I'm off topic.

That must have been directed to whybother?.. I would have been bored to death by 20 posts in one thread.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I suppose all the replies beyond 100 replies are off-topic.. or on-topic if one wishes to go where no man has gone before.

No, we've been there before. Did you not contribute to the over 500 posts in the thread of deliberately off topic posts? Which made them on topic by virtue of their existence. I think.

Sorry, I'm off topic.

That must have been directed to whybother?.. I would have been bored to death by 20 posts in one thread.

No, it was to you. I didn't assume you had contributed, merely asked (rhetorically).

It was an exercise in lighthearted absurdity and (attempts at) humor (some no doubt more successful than others - mine probably not) but it wasn't necessary to read any of it to post on it (except perhaps the most recent so as to remain off topic). Therein lay its awe inspiring beauty and profundity.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

Sorry, I'm off topic.

My excuse for not catching this is that I'm quite ill and not 100% compos mentis:

You say in post #120 (or thereabouts) that you would have been bored with 20 posts in one thread...clever. And I nearly made a semi snide remark about how when I asked, I couldn't have known your preference for short threads.

:)

Edited by SteeleJoe

No, it was to you. I didn't assume you had contributed, merely asked (rhetorically).

It was an exercise in lighthearted absurdity and (attempts at) humor (some no doubt more successful than others - mine probably not) but it wasn't necessary to read any of it to post on it (except perhaps the most recent so as to remain off topic). Therein lay its awe inspiring beauty and profundity.

If I had not met you I would be pretty sure you would be a perfect wife for someone who is bored and looks for complexity and challenges in his life. :D

If I had not met you I would be pretty sure you would be a perfect wife for someone who is bored and looks for complexity and challenges in his life. :D

I don't have any idea what that means (and I didn't realize we had met). But thanks are in order, I'm sure.

Unfortunately I'm quite happy with my own wife (and neither of us are bored nor do we need any more complexity than that which we've already had) and neither same sex marriage (as of yet) or bigamy (anymore) is legal here.

Oh wait, now that we have met (whenever that happened), you no longer think I'd be a perfect wife for that sort of person?

This is clearly way over my head but I do feel a bit let down now...

Edited by SteeleJoe

If I had not met you I would be pretty sure you would be a perfect wife for someone who is bored and looks for complexity and challenges in his life. biggrin.png

I don't have any idea what that means (and I didn't realize we had met). But thanks are in order, I'm sure.

Unfortunately I'm quite happy with my own wife (and neither of us are bored nor do we need any more complexity than that which we've already had) and neither same sex marriage (as of yet) or bigamy (anymore) is legal here.

Oh wait, now that we have met (whenever that happened), you no longer think I'd be a perfect wife for that sort of person?

Whoops. That's my mistake. The other Steele* I met was an manly man I met at an TV Phuket party.. therefore the good wife reference after bubbling talk :) Sorry for that.. I'm really a bit ashamed for this.. hey, where is the end of world when you want it to come??

If I had not met you I would be pretty sure you would be a perfect wife for someone who is bored and looks for complexity and challenges in his life. biggrin.png

Whoops. That's my mistake. The other Steele* I met was an manly man I met at an TV Phuket party.. therefore the good wife reference after bubbling talk :) Sorry for that.. I'm really a bit ashamed for this.. hey, where is the end of world when you want it to come??

:)

Well, I like to think I'm pretty manly and back in the day did a lot of the requisite MANLY stuff some men do perhaps partly (or in some cases entirely) to prove to themselves that they are a sufficiently Manly Man (driving large motorcycles too fast, getting into bar fights arguably without sufficient cause, being a paratrooper) -- but I've never been to a TVF party and I haven't been to Phuket in a long time (since it was relatively undeveloped believe it or not).

No worries. Perhaps when the end of the world does come, you'll have done something more embarrassing than this and you'll be glad it didn't happen today.

I know I'm hoping the apocalypse comes just after I've done something (much worse than your gaffe) I wished I hadn't. (Mind you I was wishing it would arrive about 6 hours ago when I was even sicker).

Edited by SteeleJoe

Thanks to my old friend Oilinki's post, I found a way to gauge how manly a man a I truly am (Dr. Seuss?):

Manly enough to be momentarily annoyed at being described for no apparent reason as a good candidate for a wife but not enough to stop me from seconds being quite amused (albeit slightly baffled). Or does that mean I'm secure in my manly manness?

<deleted>? Why doesn't someone tell me shut up and go to bed. No need now. I will.

Edited by SteeleJoe

I confess, I am the OP. Forgive me!

I was really seeking enlighenment as to why someone would read through a hundred posts or more and still feel the urge to keep on posting. Now, after reading ALL the posts I find myself not any wiser than before. So I did what all Farangs should do in a situation like this: I went to the nearest Temple to seek enlightenment.

I was fotunate, I was ushered right to the Abbott (probably due to the fact that this was immediately recognised as issue of major importance.)

He had the following to say:

- Son, you must accept, that Farangs are a strange kind of people. I do not envy them at all.

- During the night, they have to perform hard labor with their Thai-Wifes.

- In the morning they have to chase Farang-Food and drive around for miles to get it

- In the afternoon and early evening they have free time. Since Farangs are a strange kind of people, they fill the time by drinking Chang-Beer AND posting on TV AND reading through posts of a hundred or more.!!!

After hearing this, needless to say, I left in a state of shock. As the only cure, I can only think of drinking more Chang-Beer and reading more TV posts. (Only in the afternoon and early evening of course.)

Cheers.

• Like 1