Why I Live Where I Live ...

David48

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try to make plans for the day, try to do 50% in the morning. Something comes up. Cancel 1 plan. Change another.

Ok 1 plan left to do! Oh oh!

Did the rain start? Beautiful then i can sleep some more and look at it.

What did we plan again? hmmmmmmm

I love my place where i live in Thailand

post-70928-0-98539700-1355939145_thumb.j

• Like 2

People always seem to assume that as Im in Thailand I love it here, well YES I like the countryside when its not ruined by the Thais total lack of care for it, their endless styrene food containers, Milo cardboard drink containers, plastic bottles etc etc.

I like peace and serenity so there again its hard to find here as Thais love the thud thud thud thud thud music, or deafeningly stupid exhausts on the cars or worse still the lorries.

So i chose a BIG piece of land that I cant own with No neighbours and good views ...right up until some local decides to build a pig farm or nuclear reactor next to me etc

So I chose it as I have NO neighbours which hopefully will put off other Thais as they like to live in a flock.

• Like 2

Correct me if i am wrong, but aren't you on holiday here and staying at your girlfriends parents place?

This is what mr rattler loves and why he is there.

How about you Tin? Whats your thing?

my remarks were aimed at the OP,

but since you ask, I have been splitting my time between bangkok and the beach for a while now, and i love both for any number of reasons.

Edited by tinfoilhat
  • Like 1

If you have a decent internet connection, here is the Video from Sunset at the Farm yesterday.

I'm no cameraman, and it's a compact digital camera with a zoom lens which occasionally loses the auto focus ... but you will get the idea. Plus also, you will know the opening photo is not 'tricked up' ... just another beautiful sunset here at the Farm.

When I get the time ... there will be a plane spotting thread ... whistling.gif

• Like 1

whistling.gif A personal story.

When I was 20 years old I was involved in an accident where I seriously believed I was going to die right there and then.

Obviously, I didn't die then,

However I was knocked unconscious for a minute or two.

At the point I was knocked out I really expected to die.... I remember it vividly.

When I woke up, and realized I hadn't died I was so relieved I was alive, my injuries seemed irrelevant.

So, today at 66 years old, I am just glad I am still living ... where I'm living is not really all that Important.

Twice in my life I came within a whisker's length of being killed.

Where I'm living just isn't all that important to me for that reason.

whistling.gif

And what do you say to those people who like to contrast someone who is "merely existing" with someone who is "really living" ? They must seem shallow to you.

When I was 20 years old I was involved in an accident where I seriously believed I was going to die right there and then.

At the point I was knocked out I really expected to die.... I remember it vividly.

When I woke up, and realized I hadn't died I was so relieved I was alive, my injuries seemed irrelevant.

So, today at 66 years old, I am just glad I am still living ... where I'm living is not really all that Important.

whistling.gif

And what do you say to those people who like to contrast someone who is "merely existing" with someone who is "really living" ? They must seem shallow to you.

Hey there matthelm ... if I could speak on his (IMA_FARANG) behalf ... I read this as a man who has had 2 'near death' experiences and is genuinely just happy to have survived them.

He cares not for 'where he lives' .... but just that 'he lives'. Where ever he lays his hat ... it's home.

As for "contrast someone who is "merely existing" with someone who is "really living" ?" ... well, everyone's mileage differs.

Some have to live their remaining days (at a million miles an hour) as each one is their last.

Some know that the sun will rise in the morning, no matter what they think* ... mileage varies ... biggrin.png

Why do you Matt live where you live?

* ... but we are told the end of the world will occur overnight. I have bought my beer and will enjoy toasting this good Earth a fond farewell ... but not be surprised if, when I wake in the morning ... whistling.gif

EDIT ... added '(at a million miles an hour)' for clarification

Edited by David48

whistling.gif

Hey there matthelm ... if I could speak on his (IMA_FARANG) behalf ... I read this as a man who has had 2 'near death' experiences and is genuinely just happy to have survived them.

He cares not for 'where he lives' .... but just that 'he lives'. Where ever he lays his hat ... it's home.

As for "contrast someone who is "merely existing" with someone who is "really living" ?" ... well, everyone's mileage differs.

Some have to live their remaining days (at a million miles an hour) as each one is their last.

Some know that the sun will rise in the morning, no matter what they think* ... mileage varies ... biggrin.png

Why do you Matt live where you live?

* ... but we are told the end of the world will occur overnight. I have bought my beer and will enjoy toasting this good Earth a fond farewell ... but not be surprised if, when I wake in the morning ... whistling.gif

EDIT ... added '(at a million miles an hour)' for clarification

Actually, I'm trying to move away from where I now live so I am probably not the best person to ask . But I thank you for the reply.

• Like 1

David

I forgot to say thx for the video..... I know I am feeling pretty drained after today, but the vdo made me realise how much I want to get back to LOS. You are a lucky man (except for the damned mozzies!)

• Like 1

What the make of video camera you used David?

Mate ... nothing special ... but I like it better then mine (it's the gf's)

post-104736-0-56159600-1356051030_thumb.

Fuji finepix f500 exr

Not expensive to buy (maybe 7,000 Baht now ... she bought it a year ago) and a 15x zoom ... I like that feature.

Review is here

I live where I live because it's my home.

And views like this still touch my heart even after more than 20 odd years in country.

Yermanee wai.gif

Sorry Yermanee, you can post as many pis as you like but your avatar remains the true Kodak moment!...thumbsup.gif
  • Like 2

What the make of video camera you used David?

Mate ... nothing special ... but I like it better then mine (it's the gf's)

post-104736-0-56159600-1356051030_thumb.

Fuji finepix f500 exr

Not expensive to buy (maybe 7,000 Baht now ... she bought it a year ago) and a 15x zoom ... I like that feature.

Review is here

Mate that is a good camera for the price. Great quality video I thought.Cheers for that! Edited by krisb

^^ some nice posts above and thanks IMA_FARANG ... great contribution ... thumbsup.gif

There are so many different attitudes to take when posting here.

Some like to snipe, some like to contribute ... some, like me, just simply don't care and are strong enough to say what they think ... and I can tell you ... I really enjoy my time in Thailand.

As for why I live where I live, it's because of my gal ... it's her parents farm ... but they have opened the door to me to share shelter under their roof, food at their table and experiences that they think I might like to join with them.

The Farm Father cleaned up an old fan and placed it by the dining table because of the mozzies give me hell. Farm Mother bought me 2 Leo Tall beers the other day ... I didn't ask ... drunk.gif ... and they don't drink.

So I came here because of my gf ... but I live where I live here because of their hospitality.

Others are welcome to share their story ... good or bad ... you'll find an audience here.

Id like to say what I think but sadly thai visa does not allow it, I do not like at all Thai Society in fact I find it quite vile, but I do like the country.

I never followed the mob, I dont drink I hate the taste and find it hard to see how many people do, seems to stem from peer pressure when in their teens to "drink" same with smoking, seriously who smokes their first fag and likes it.

Thailand has many serious issues which are not being addressed, as said above they cant be talked about.........which is even worse.

Their is a total lack of care for their environment and the stupidity is handed down from one generation to the next, the whole country is being slowly ( or not so at times) raped senselessly, its a shame to see.

^^ some nice posts above and thanks IMA_FARANG ... great contribution ... thumbsup.gif

There are so many different attitudes to take when posting here.

Some like to snipe, some like to contribute ... some, like me, just simply don't care and are strong enough to say what they think ... and I can tell you ... I really enjoy my time in Thailand.

As for why I live where I live, it's because of my gal ... it's her parents farm ... but they have opened the door to me to share shelter under their roof, food at their table and experiences that they think I might like to join with them.

The Farm Father cleaned up an old fan and placed it by the dining table because of the mozzies give me hell. Farm Mother bought me 2 Leo Tall beers the other day ... I didn't ask ... drunk.gif ... and they don't drink.

So I came here because of my gf ... but I live where I live here because of their hospitality.

Others are welcome to share their story ... good or bad ... you'll find an audience here.

Id like to say what I think but sadly thai visa does not allow it, I do not like at all Thai Society in fact I find it quite vile, but I do like the country.

I never followed the mob, I dont drink I hate the taste and find it hard to see how many people do, seems to stem from peer pressure when in their teens to "drink" same with smoking, seriously who smokes their first fag and likes it.

Thailand has many serious issues which are not being addressed, as said above they cant be talked about.........which is even worse.

Their is a total lack of care for their environment and the stupidity is handed down from one generation to the next, the whole country is being slowly ( or not so at times) raped senselessly, its a shame to see.

How can l take your writings seriously when you complain and cannot understand ''why'' many like the taste of something that you don't like. coffee1.gif
  • Like 2