Hospital Waste...dumped In Isaan

weegee

Dont know if you have seen the news(ch 7) today as yet,.... BUT........they have shown a pile of hospital waste, including old BLOOD, about 6 mtrs in height in places jammed into a old abandoned building in Isaan. Apparently a woman has died after cutting glass in the area from an infection she received.

Now....Why cant they incinerate it as most countries do....or if not that....dig a hole in the ground set fire to it....then fill it in with enough dirt to stop dogs digging it up.

My God....there is absolutely no need for this to be happening, anywhere in the world.

Spend billions on a train line and cant dispose of Dangerous waste from a hospital??????

I hope all expats, and the likes, are aware of this if you are in Isaan....this is a very serious problem...Take care!!!!!

I am really concerned about this enough to make the post...

I dont live, in, or near, Isaan, but for those who do....next time you are eating and a fly maybe lands on your food, think about WHERE it has been.

Mosquitos are your biggest problem....they love blood....from anywhere, they are not choosy. The disease amongst humans that this can cause is horrific to think about....

Hospital waste this time! I agree with Tywais, hope they get the contractor, fine him and take his cleaning contract away.Last time it was the guy who pumps village house septic systems. He thought it easy money dumping all that sewerage down a side road the pig.

Rubbish in general in Thailand can be a problem though cant it.

Sadly Thailand is one big rubbish tip. Just look around and see how much Thai's care about their environment. Even a lot of family houses let their gardens/yards become their own personal garbage collection area until they decide to burn it or tip it somewhere in open countryside. Can't imagine there will be a big public outcry over this and Yingluck will be visiting to see it for herself. Newspapers? In the main they do as they are told !

• Like 1

They probably hire a service to dispose of the material in a proper fashion but the service finds it cheaper to just store it and pocket the remainder service fees.

Yep. That's what I learned was taking place when hospital waste washed up on my beach. Needles, swabs, ampoules and blood bags. Talk about red tide!

But then, maybe the hospital should verify proper disposal, being, well, this is Thailand.

Yes understand what your saying.....sad hey?

What's been going through my mind today....Where is the water for the house coming from around the area concerned....Who is unknowingly drinking and bathing in it....

Until I started cleaning up around this village (keeping occupied) I never realised how bad things are..

• Like 2

Yep another blatant disregard for their own country

Read many articles like this EG Puket reefs ( Mentality - Why you bring back )

Had my tanks pumped - the say full so go empty back in 5 minutes - Friend said he had a good swim in river near house told him the poo truck just dumped his load somewhere near

One more point

At least they had it plastic bags & disposed of it before the dogs got to it - seen this at a government hospital in plain view of everyone ( i think it was part of a hand )

Yep another blatant disregard for their own country

Read many articles like this EG Puket reefs ( Mentality - Why you bring back )

Had my tanks pumped - the say full so go empty back in 5 minutes - Friend said he had a good swim in river near house told him the poo truck just dumped his load somewhere near

One more point

At least they had it plastic bags & disposed of it before the dogs got to it - seen this at a government hospital in plain view of everyone ( i think it was part of a hand )

Once kayaking on Koh Chang near Blue Lagoon Resort. Beautiful lagoon. Cool, quiet. Old Thailand with lots of birdsong.

Was trying to figure out what all the s**t was floating on the surface when my GF, behind me, screamed.

I turned. She had one end of the paddle high in the air and had frozen in shock as a turd came sliding straight down, into her lap.

Funny as hell at the moment, but turns out a truck had emptied the night before, upriver, as the tide was heading back out. So not so funny in the long term.

I am still absolutely amazed that in a modern world, this can still happen....No wonder children are born with physical defects, not just here but anywhere.

I know i am commenting on something you already know about, but i cant stop thinking about it......sorry about that.

I am still absolutely amazed that in a modern world, this can still happen....No wonder children are born with physical defects, not just here but anywhere.

I know i am commenting on something you already know about, but i cant stop thinking about it......sorry about that.

This is not a modern world. Here the lifestyle is so often maximum profit for minimum effort/expenditure and absolutely no concern for the environment or how one's actions for maximal profit will affect other people.

Selfishness and total lack of concern about other people is endemic here, sadly it is quite often seen in those that already have more money than they can spend in their lifetime.

This is not a modern world. Here the lifestyle is so often maximum profit for minimum effort/expenditure and absolutely no concern for the environment or how one's actions for maximal profit will affect other people.

Selfishness and total lack of concern about other people is endemic here, sadly it is quite often seen in those that already have more money than they can spend in their lifetime.

And it's highly likely that 99% of the locals have no knowledge / understanding of how dangerous this waste is, and no knowledge of how it should be disposed of.

The hospital doesn't care. They have hired a reputable company to dispose of their waste, so if it turns up in a bin in at Big C, or ion your beach, they don't care, they have disposed of it properly. Normal human waste, the toilet pumpers, is disposed of in the sugar cane and corn fields or along the side of the road everyday where I live. It goes back to one of the basic problems with Thais, sheer laziness!

Or lack of education and greed.

Now just imagine how much never actually gets reported, and how many times worse they probably are. It is true Thailand is just one great garbage and sewerage oasis. Suspect rivers would be completely toxic and the ocean close behind. Sadly a beautiful place tirned into a Cess Pit.

Now just imagine how much never actually gets reported, and how many times worse they probably are. It is true Thailand is just one great garbage and sewerage oasis. Suspect rivers would be completely toxic and the ocean close behind. Sadly a beautiful place tirned into a Cess Pit.

There are some really beautiful places in Thailand.

These are places that have not been inhabited by people.

Hopefully the population will decrease and not encroach any further into the naturally beautiful areas.

Thailand is in danger of turning into one big rubbish dump.