Thai-Cambodian Single Visa To Commence Thursday

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So can I travel to Cambodia with a retirement visa from thailand and NOT need a re enter permit >?

No...as this applies to tourist visas , your retirement extension is on a Non-Imm Visa...I guess. So you will still nee the re-entry permit.

I was wondering if one had a double entry Thai/Cambo tourist visa, and came to Thailand, and after the 60 days chose to fly to Cambodia for day, would the second entry be utilised by Cambodia and leave me with no visa to return to Thailand on?

The Thai and Cambodian representatives agreed to a land survey for border demarcation, joint suppression of human trafficking and illegal logging of Siamese rosewood on the border, he said.

And nothing about the illegal Extortion of foreigners by immigration officials forcing them to pay for entry despite having valid visas.

Tourists from 35 countries can do so, but the article doen't say which countries.

Actually it's there in the original post:

The 35 nations eligible were selected due to their potential and track record of tourism to the region

Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bahrain, Canada, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, India, Japan, Korea, Kuwait, Luxemburg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Portugal, Qata, Spain, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom and United States of America.

Source: http://www.destinati...-visa-test-run/

So, ... I have a double entry Thai visa. I used the first entry to be here now. I am not sure how I will activate my second entry, but for the sake of discussion, suppose I want to go to Sihanoukville, Cambodia and back.

Do I still get stamped out of Thailand-into Cambodia-and back into Thailand, activating my second entry?

or would they just wave me through to Cambodia and back to Thailand all on the first visa (never activating the second entry).

Or would they stamp me out of Thailand, cancel the second visa as an entry to Cambodia, leaving me with no visa back to Thailand...

Or would they let the person choose to stay on the visa or activate the second.

There's a lot of ways this could work.

It sounds like a great idea, just not sure how it actually works.

Maybe it needs to be a special "Thai-Cambodia Visa" and the "Double Entry Thai Visa" I have isn't even an issue at all.

Cann't you people read it doesn't start until Thursday, I would think this is for visa issued on and after Thursday. , thats if they even told the Embassies and consulates about it.

ACMECS

Thai-Cambodian single visa for 35 nationals gets underway

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Starting from Thursday, tourists from 35 countries will be able to enter Thailand and Cambodia with a single visa, under an agreement reached by the foreign ministers of the two countries on Wednesday.

Under the the Ayeyawady -Chao Phraya Mekong Economic Cooperation Strategy single visa, tourists from Australia to the United States can apply for entry visas at Thai or Cambodian embassies or consulate offices for the two destinations.

The Acmecs single visa, which is similar to European Union's Schengen arrangement, would benefit the Thai and Cambodian tourism industries, said Thai Foreign Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul.

He was speaking after jointly chairing the 8th Joint Commission with his Cambodia counterpart Hor Namhong in Bangkok.

The Acmecs single visa was initially proposed for the four original member countries of Acmecs, which also include Laos and Myanmar. If Thailand and Cambodia are successful, the remaining members would later join, Surapong said.

Thailand received 21 million tourists this year while 2.3 million visitors visited Cambodia in the first eight months of this year.

The 35 countries are:

1. Australia

2. Austria

3. Belgium

4. Bahrain

5. Canada

6. China

7. Denmark

8. Finland

9. France

10. Germany

11. Greece

12. Hong Kong

13. Iceland

14. Ireland

15. Israel

16. Italy

17. India

18. Japan

19. Korea

20. Kuwait

21. Luxembourg

22. Netherlands

23. New Zealand

24. Norway

25. Oman

26. Portugal

27. Qatar

28. Spain

29. South Africa

30. Sweden

31. Switzerland

32. Turkey

33. United Arab Emirates

34. United Kingdom

35. United States of America

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-12-26

Tourists from 35 countries can do so, but the article doen't say which countries.

The article DOES state which countries.

"The 35 nations eligible were selected due to their potential and track record of tourism to the region

Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bahrain, Canada, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, India, Japan, Korea, Kuwait, Luxemburg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Portugal, Qata, Spain, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom and United States of America."

And now the "WHAT IFs" start! Nobody knows the answer to this until the "what if" is tried and I doubt that the initial outcome will be the same in each case. It's a new process and the right hand has no idea what the left hand is doing! Is it a step in the right direction? Too soon to tell!

This has to be easy.

If you want visit only Thailand,(more than 30days) you apply thai tourist visa, 1000b paid in local currency. If you want visit only Cambodia, you apply Cambodian touristvisa, $20 paid in local currency.

If you want visit both, you apply Asmecs single visa, 1000b+$20 paid in local currency. Visa has 2 entries, 1 for Thailand, 1 for Cambodia. When you enter Cambodia, you get 30 days stamp to stay Cambodia and Cambodia entry is used. When you enter Thailand, you get 60 days stamp to stay Thailand and Thailand entry is used. And life goes on...

Is this only for Tourist Visa? What about other types, like O, O-A, ED, etc?

The 35 nations eligible were selected due to their potential and track record of tourism to the region

Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bahrain, Canada, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, India, Japan, Korea, Kuwait, Luxemburg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Portugal, Qata, Spain, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom and United States of America.

I see that the once vaunted Russian tourist market didn't pass muster.

I assume, you get a special "Single Visa" for both countries for a bit cheaper price than two Visas to the countries would have cost you before.

That is on TOP of all the others Visas Thailand and Cambodia has available for their specific country, which will be still available.

If you get that VISA VERSION in only single or double or triple entry has to be seen. Maybe only single entry.

To activate a possible double entry Visa you would have to leave the two countries. (I doubt that that double entry will be possible,)

So nothing big in change for the Visa and border runners. I assume.rolleyes.gif

To activate a possible double entry Visa you would have to leave the two countries. (I doubt that that double entry will be possible,)

Well no. If there's a double/multi-entry version then:

Leave country A, going into country B.

Return to country A and use the next 'Entry' allowed.

There would be no need for a third country.

It wouldn't make sense for it to be single-entry to both, as people generally fly into and out of the same city on trips and because an infinitely wider range of flights is available out of BKK. Of course government policy here often doesn't make sense, but that is something worth considering. If you made it single entry to both, then the vast majority of tourists would end up flying into BKK, transiting to Cambodia at some point and then stamping back into Thailand (or VOA/applying for a further tourist visa if not eligible). Wouldn't make a lot of sense.

It says single visa for both countries. Whats the problem. If you have a visa for Thailand or Cambodia it is the same for both. I understand it as no more vise bounces to Cambodia. If you have a visa for one you can travel to the other.

If you have 15 days left of a 1 month to Thailand then you have 15 days left in Cambodia.

Thailand does not --and quite rightly care about visa bouncers.

If you have enough money then you get a retirement --if your not old enough then fly to Singapore. if you cant afford that then go home.

Less football hooligans and bottling incidents. If you can't afford to be here and sit on the steps of 7 -11 go home.

I think that Cambodia is fed up of being a visa bounce only , long have they tried to encourage tourism. I will do any thing I can do to help Thailand rid itself of the football shirtless prats walking the super markets looking for cheap sun tan lotion and longing for the days they can live here on a dollar a day. I want to vomit when I hear a prat ask ( slur) me what time the game is on at 5,30 as I sit down for a early beer with the newspaper.

Go home to Mallaga or Torremolinos or pay for a visa,----its the law.

These ducking and diving vise bounce prats should go home,--- please.

Edited by Fishface
  • Like 1

Must be why over the past few years they've changed the number of days one gets as a Visa Exemption at a land border from 30 down to 15.

Capped the number of Tourist Visas one can get.

And recently just changed the number of 15 day Visa Exemptions one can get in a 180 day period to 3. (I believe)

Thailand does care.

But does not care enough. Thailand would be far better off without the Visa Running desperados.

Must be why over the past few years they've changed the number of days one gets as a Visa Exemption at a land border from 30 down to 15.

Capped the number of Tourist Visas one can get.

And recently just changed the number of 15 day Visa Exemptions one can get in a 180 day period to 3. (I believe)

Thailand does care.

But does not care enough. Thailand would be far better off without the Visa Running desperados.

It looks to me that this is just one type of visa available, applied for, in advance, at certain consulates/embassies outside Thailand. Once you have it, you can either land in Cambodia or Thailand. If you travel between both countries, you'll still have immigration to attend to. Your visa will be as valid for Cambodia as Thailand, but immigration formalities will just be the same as anyone else, just as if you had two visas in your passport. It won't affect any other type of visas to Thailand. This though, still brings up questions like what happens if you have this type of visa as a double entry tourist visa and where to trigger the second entry. So, although it seems at first sight to be a simple enough idea, will be far from straight forward. As usual, there is just not enough information in the article.

A friend recently visited Cambodia and innocently missed Cambodian Immigration due lack of signage. When he returned, it was pointed out that he had no Cambodian stams in his passport, but he was allowed back in without complaint...

As it happens, I accidently did exactly the same thing at Nong Khai - in the days before the bridge. Not knowing where Lao Imigration was located meant that I didn't get any stamps - later that day Thai Immigration let me return - with only a comment that I had no Lao stamps...

It wouldn't make sense for it to be single-entry to both, as people generally fly into and out of the same city on trips and because an infinitely wider range of flights is available out of BKK. Of course government policy here often doesn't make sense, but that is something worth considering. If you made it single entry to both, then the vast majority of tourists would end up flying into BKK, transiting to Cambodia at some point and then stamping back into Thailand (or VOA/applying for a further tourist visa if not eligible). Wouldn't make a lot of sense.

I meant single entry in the NEW ONE VISA - TWO COUNTRY ZONE. You can transit between the two countries as you please.

Can have a special stamp for that or ? We will see.

Well no. If there's a double/multi-entry version then:

Leave country A, going into country B.

Return to country A and use the next 'Entry' allowed.

There would be no need for a third country.

I meant single entry in the NEW ONE VISA - TWO COUNTRY ZONE. You can transit between the two countries as you please.

I thought of a kind of SCHENGEN ZONE. To activate a new Visa Entry, in that two country zone, if there are Double or Multiple Visas,

you have to leave to country C.

Can have a special stamp for that or ? All speculation. We will see. tongue.png

IMMIGRATION

Single-entry visa for Thailand, Cambodia

Supalak Ganjanakhundee

The Nation

30196863-01_big.jpg

Citizens from 35 nations qualify; seen paving the way for single Asean visa

BANGKOK: -- From today, tourists from 35 countries need only apply for one visa to visit both Thailand and Cambodia. This is part of Acmecs Single Visa - the first step toward an Asean version of the European Union's Schengen Visa scheme.

Full story: