Govt Warns Scammers As Thailand Is Named Top Destination

webfact

Now in Hua Hin. What a wonderful change from Patong because;

- No touts

- Reasonable taxii/limousine & tuktuk access

- No price gouging

- No filth (both human and garbage)

- No Bib standing on the corner looking for Tea money

I was in Udon Thani last week. same thing. Wonderful experience. When we have gone out to the shopping plazas, I am a minority and I think it works in my favour. The lack of farangs circulating seems to have reduced the numbers of scum that associate with the farang presence. No sexy massage offers, no touts, no cops trying to entrap me into buying drugs, no visible hookers, no foreign yobs. There are thousands of foreign tourists in Hua Hin right now. Very well behaved.

Maybe the scams and thieving and ripoffs are a reflection from the quality of tourists that Phuket and Pattaya attract. How is it that Udon Thani, a place for lower income older foreigners has a much classier feel to it than the Kamala-Kata strip of Phuket? The same Germans and Scandanavians are in Hua Hin as in Phuket, but the difference is that these people are not skewed to the sex tourist and drink till you puke segment as in the areas with all the problems. Interesting enough that the Indians here are few but are visibly higher end, and I have not seen any middle easterners, or the English yobs of Phuket yet. My takeaway is that if I want a relaxing place with a minimum of hassles, is to pick a location where the quality of foreigners is better. I call this the Garbage- Vermin rule of life of Thailand.

I keep reading in TV about English yobs and English hooligans, honestly, you would think it was only England that had yobs. Has any Thaivisa posters ever been in the West of Scotland around the 12th July every year? You will see more yobs taking part and following Orange walks, causing drunken disturbances all over the place, because of their hatred of Roman Catholics, than you will see anywhere in England, or among any English people abroad, and may I point out I am Scottish and not a Roman Catholic.

Perhaps you could point out what your rant has to do with the topic in question?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- No touts

- No price gouging

I was in Udon Thani last week. same thing. Wonderful experience. When we have gone out to the shopping plazas, I am a minority and I think it works in my favour. The lack of farangs circulating seems to have reduced the numbers of scum that associate with the farang presence. No sexy massage offers, no touts, no cops trying to entrap me into buying drugs, no visible hookers, no foreign yobs. There are thousands of foreign tourists in Hua Hin right now. Very well behaved.

Maybe the scams and thieving and ripoffs are a reflection from the quality of tourists that Phuket and Pattaya attract. How is it that Udon Thani, a place for lower income older foreigners has a much classier feel to it than the Kamala-Kata strip of Phuket? The same Germans and Scandanavians are in Hua Hin as in Phuket, but the difference is that these people are not skewed to the sex tourist and drink till you puke segment as in the areas with all the problems. Interesting enough that the Indians here are few but are visibly higher end, and I have not seen any middle easterners, or the English yobs of Phuket yet. My takeaway is that if I want a relaxing place with a minimum of hassles, is to pick a location where the quality of foreigners is better. I call this the Garbage- Vermin rule of life of Thailand.

We of the hoi polloi are equally glad we are not forced to mingle with geriatric racist snobs.

Sorry but snobbish I can certainly agree with, but racist?!

<deleted> are you smoking?

- No touts

- No price gouging

I keep reading in TV about English yobs and English hooligans, honestly, you would think it was only England that had yobs. Has any Thaivisa posters ever been in the West of Scotland around the 12th July every year? You will see more yobs taking part and following Orange walks, causing drunken disturbances all over the place, because of their hatred of Roman Catholics, than you will see anywhere in England, or among any English people abroad, and may I point out I am Scottish and not a Roman Catholic.

Perhaps you could point out what your rant has to do with the topic in question?

No problem, I may be a bit off topic, but I'm fed up always reading about English hooligans, every country has hooligans, I suppose I got your dander up about "my rant". Maybe you are/were one of the marchers or followers I mentioned.

Govt warns scammers as Thailand is named top destination

Pot , kettle, black

Presumably this current maladministration is a the top of the warning list, the multitude of scams being operated by this current maladministration is incredible

The government is going to do every thing they can to stop scammers. They feel if they can get rid of them it will be a new lucrative market for them.wai2.gif