Plane Spotting - The Quiz

David48

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope this is not the end of the quiz.

sad.png

Mate, like all things in life, once the nourishment stops, everything withers.

I have no more nourishment (new planes) to give at the moment ... maybe time for others to contribute some spots.

They did there for a while ... maybe they will do again.

Dancealot ... thanks for the support ... thumbsup.gif

• 3 weeks later...

What a great looking machine. The first Airbus in quite a while that looks right.

You can say that again.

The 330 has great lines, but the rest come out of the ugly duckling stables

The A380 looks 'stubby' to me personally, but I suspect that eventual stretch-versions will 'look' better, as well as increase capacity.

What a great looking machine. The first Airbus in quite a while that looks right.

You can say that again.

The A380 looks 'stubby' to me personally, but I suspect that eventual stretch-versions will 'look' better, as well as increase capacity.

I agree, I think it looks great. I assume in part because it is the 900 series but I was also drawn to the windscreen and the wings. It arrived at the far end of the runway so I could not see it well on final but the wings look like they flex a lot, giving it the appearance of a bird in flight.

post-170438-0-33301300-1390637954_thumb.

Funny story; or at least I think it's funny:

After the airplane landed and finished its roll, the pilot came on the radio and said, "Blah blah blah North America blah blah blah."

Unfortunately, between his accent, the radio and (probably) a poorly placed mic, I couldn't understand what he was saying. So I replied, "Airbus XXXX, transmission unreadable, say again."

Again the pilot said, "Blah blah blah North America blah blah blah."

Again, I couldn't understand what he was saying. So I replied, "Airbus XXXX, transmission unreadable, say again."

To which the pilot replied, (and this is a gross paraphrasing because I got the gist but not all of the words) "Airbus is proud to bring the new A350 to the people of Iqaluit and northern Canada on its maiden flight to North America."

Oops, completely missing the grandeur of the moment facepalm.gif and feeling like a bit of an a$$ because I should have expected that, I replied, "Well, we sure are happy to have you here and hope you enjoy our hospitality." Always be prepared.

Just watched the maiden flight of this new bird on Discovery last night. A new low cost mid range fighter jet.

attachicon.gifvgWsW.Em.80.jpg

Copyright Travis Heying/The Wichita Eagle - link will be provided to original story.

I will leave this one a couple more days in case anyone wants to try it. The aircraft was developed with parts already in production bringing the cost of the jet down to a measly $20 million per and $2,000/hr to operate.

Correct SVB

Cold weather testing and in North America for its first time. Although its engines were tested here last year on the 380.

A few more pics

attachicon.gifsmallDSC01008.jpg

attachicon.gifsmallDSC01018.jpg

attachicon.gifsmallDSC01027.jpg

Hi,

Yeah, I'm another who agrees she's a good looking bird. Looking forward to seeing her in operation.

Anyone know who the launch customer is supposed to be?

Correct SVB

Cold weather testing and in North America for its first time. Although its engines were tested here last year on the 380.

A few more pics

Thanks HEAPS for sharing - awesome pics.

This thread is putting PPRuNe & Airliners.net to shame! clap2.gif

Just watched the maiden flight of this new bird on Discovery last night. A new low cost mid range fighter jet.

Copyright Travis Heying/The Wichita Eagle - link will be provided to original story.

I will leave this one a couple more days in case anyone wants to try it. The aircraft was developed with parts already in production bringing the cost of the jet down to a measly $20 million per and $2,000/hr to operate.

Textron Airland Scorpion

Correct SVB

A few more pics

Hi,

Yeah, I'm another who agrees she's a good looking bird. Looking forward to seeing her in operation.

Anyone know who the launch customer is supposed to be?

Well SVB if you are down to Singapore Feb. 11-12 you can take a look and ask. smile.png

Airbus A350 To Appear at Singapore Airshow

January 23, 2014, 10:04 AM

Airbus has decided to bring an A350 XWB flight-test airplane to the Singapore Airshow next month, marking the first “full” display of the model at an international airshow. Plans call for flight-test airplane MSN3 to appear on static display on February 11 and 12. Airbus also expects the airplane to participate in the flying displays on both days. Carriers from the region that have already ordered the aircraft include AirAsia X, Air China, Asiana Airlines, Cathay Pacific Airways, China Airlines, Hong Kong Airlines, Japan Airlines, Singapore Airlines, SriLankan Airlines, Thai Airways International and Vietnam Airlines. In all, Airbus has collected firm orders for 812 A350s from 39 customers.

More here - AINonline

Textron Airland Scorpion

Correct you are, sir. Here is a link to the news story and photo provided previously.

In a previous interview, an executive from Cessna/Textron stated that the Scorpion was not built to compete with the big boys but would fill a nice niche in homeland security. What??? w00t.gif Homeland security? Could you imagine the outcry if the US, UK, Canada or any other western nation fired missiles on their own soil? Maybe Assad would be interested...

You can say that again.

The A380 is a bit funny looking, but it's amazing at airshows.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived