How Quickly Can I Set Up An Ltf And Where To Do It?

I live and work here, pay plenty of taxes etc., work permits and visas etc. all legit and up to date.

1. How quickly can I set up an LTF?

2. Can I just walk into the bank and say "here is a wedge of cash, please set up an LTF for me"?

3. If I start an LTF with any given organisation, can I change?

I really need to research this, I know - but with two business days left before years end, I need a crash course!!!

Whats a ltf?

Just searched Google. LTF= Life Time Fitness

Too late California Wow closing down soon.

Could be Local Transportation Fund

Learning to Fly maybe

or any of the following

LTF Lost to Follow-Up (testing) LTF Long Term Fund (investing) LTF Logistics Task Force LTF Legislative Task Force LTF Light the Fire LTF Line Trunk Frame (telecommunications) LTF Lead the Fleet (US DoD program) LTF Largest Task First (scheduling strategy) LTF Leap to Frogans LTF Long Term Forecast LTF Laying the Foundation, Inc. (Dallas, TX) LTF Low Temperature Facilities LTF Long Term Facility (hospitals) LTF Lung Transplant Foundation (Raleigh, NC) LTF Lackland Training Facility LTF Long Term Fatigue LTF Look, Tone and Feel LTF Local Training Flight LTF Long-Term Fix LTF Liquid Tight Fitting (connector) LTF Latest Thinking Forecast (project or budget revisions) LTF Live the Fourth (Kairos retreats) LTF Lebanese Taekwondo Federation LTF

Language-Trait Focused (linguistic

but I think the OP means Long Term Fund

The 2 quickest ways would be to 1) go into a fund management company: I would recommend Aberdeen or 2) your bank. Going direct to the fund manager is probably a bit quicker than a bank, as they will have to submit your account opening forms and purchase request to the fund manager anyway.

You will need the usual ID stuff: passport, work permit, etc salary slips would also be useful. You will then need to complete account opening forms, and forms to purchase the LTF fund.

You can have any number of LTFs with different providers. You can invest more than the 500k, just that you will only get tax relief as a maximum on the higher of 500k or 15% of salary.

Go to Aberdeen with all your paperwork would be quickest. For your other thread on reclaiming tax, you'll probably need to get it done in your tax return, given the late timing. As long as you make your investment before 31 Dec you'll be OK. If you miss then this year's allowance is wasted.

:)