Where Can I Get The Contraceptive Implant Removed In Bkk?

phuturatica

I want to get the contraceptive implant taken out of my arm as I've had it in for a year now and I'm not too happy with the side effects.

Where is the cheapest place just to get it removed? Its a very simple local anesthetic procedure which shouldn't take too long apparently.

Also, how much am I looking to pay to have it removed?

The cheapest place would be a government hospital, but while the cost would be minimal the red tape and down time wopuld not be.

Lacking that, and assuming you are in Bangkok, I suggest you go to Bangkok Christian hospital on Silom. Register and ask to see an Ob-Gyn, tell the nurse it is for implant removal. If you plan to switch to the IUD (a non-hornmonal method), can get it at the same time. You won't want to switch to the injection as it will have the same side effects or worse, and oral pills may as well.

The cheapest place would be a government hospital, but while the cost would be minimal the red tape and down time wopuld not be.

Lacking that, and assuming you are in Bangkok, I suggest you go to Bangkok Christian hospital on Silom. Register and ask to see an Ob-Gyn, tell the nurse it is for implant removal. If you plan to switch to the IUD (a non-hornmonal method), can get it at the same time. You won't want to switch to the injection as it will have the same side effects or worse, and oral pills may as well.

Well roughly what price am I looking to pay?

I'm already taking the pill on top of the implant as the implant has made my periods horrendously irregular. I'm sick to death of it! I can't have the IUD as I have a uterus septate. So not sure I can have it...Grr I hate wombs!