1 Million Baht “Locker” Theft From South Pattaya Condominium

Rimmer

I'd guess the 1 million figure was ficticious, and considering the type of lockers, they decided they should not push their luck claiming the value of the contents was higher. There are 24 lockers which represents an average of 41,667 baht per locker. I guess that's just chump change for the residents of In-Town so they just toss it in a locker in the lobby.

There are 18 lockers not 24.

And 1 million is really not that much, laptop,phone and some cash already easily adds up to 50000baht, not to mention watches and some jewelry

Ok, 18 so 55,555. Still, would you put 55,000 in one of those? Also, that is assuming all 18 had 55,000 but that is absurd, so one locker had 2,000 another had 100,000, another had 10,000, etc. Silly no matter how you look at it. Plus do you ever go anywhere without your phone? Your watch? Even if you're sleeping you have your phone near your bed. I don't own a watch so can say what anyone does with one. Those lockers don't look that big, can't imagine putting a large laptop in it. Still smells like bull crap to me.

I'd guess the 1 million figure was ficticious, and considering the type of lockers, they decided they should not push their luck claiming the value of the contents was higher. There are 24 lockers which represents an average of 41,667 baht per locker. I guess that's just chump change for the residents of In-Town so they just toss it in a locker in the lobby.

There are 18 lockers not 24.

And 1 million is really not that much, laptop,phone and some cash already easily adds up to 50000baht, not to mention watches and some jewelry

Ok, 18 so 55,555. Still, would you put 55,000 in one of those? Also, that is assuming all 18 had 55,000 but that is absurd, so one locker had 2,000 another had 100,000, another had 10,000, etc. Silly no matter how you look at it. Plus do you ever go anywhere without your phone? Your watch? Even if you're sleeping you have your phone near your bed. I don't own a watch so can say what anyone does with one. Those lockers don't look that big, can't imagine putting a large laptop in it. Still smells like bull crap to me.

laptop 20000-30000

cash $1000=30 000 baht

Mobile phone - 10 000(minimum)

Gold chain or ring or other jewelery 10 000(minimum)

Do not forget they are not saying 1000000 baht of used value, but 1000000 baht of cost value

You are right, they can not determine who had what, however thats their problem now and they can either pay out what people claim or make an even split payment.

Also, not all people sleep with the phones they bring from home. Many have smart phones locked to a network, so they either bring a cheap one with them or buy one locally, while locking the other one away.

I have an iphone, but when i travel, i lock it in the safe because data costs are crazy

Laptop does not have to be big to be expansive, even an ipad is 22000

PS. If there is no safe in room, where else would you store your valuable?these lockers are suppose to be much safer than safe in room, because someone supposedly is watching it all the time

Edited by lemoncake

Yeah, I forgot that there was a beach here, and there is a possibility that all the guest were at the beach for a very early morning swim! Although I do see a huge number of beach goers with their cell phone, even in the water!! But these probably are guest at another hotel.

I am not sure why guests would leave their valuables in the lockers overnight though. Surely safer with them as they sleep?

Loads of news stories on here about "sleeping companions" who drug you and break open your safe (or just rip the whole thing off the wall) and then disappear into the night.

Yes, that is true and another poster mentioned that was well

dam_n those falangs who come with expensive watches, jewelry and loads of cash to Thailand. Nothing would have happened if they had staid at home or taken some basic precautions. I can't even believe they are trying to blame it on the zealous hard working Thai staff sick.gif

• 2 weeks later...