The Hit And Run Restaurant "review" Thread

Jingthing

post-167660-0-29909700-1432454609.jpg

OK, this is exciting!

Heard this place is now open (a week or so now) so I rushed out there to try it as Chinese food is a top favorite of mine, as it's not so strong in Pattaya.

You can just call it the Chinese noodle place because they don't have an English name sign but there is a Chinese name.

It's on Naklua road, east side, across from Soi 18.

They are open (daily I think) from 10 AM till late at night! (1 AM.)

This is an actual Chinese restaurant. Not Thai Chinese. Not western Chinese. But still extremely accessible to English speakers and very few of their dishes will be scary for many westerners.

It is run by people from Beijing and was told their specialty is NORTHERN Chinese food ... so emphasis on wheat: noodles, dumplings, very little rice.

The prices are very reasonable for this type of real Chinese food in Pattaya considering the decent quality.

As far as my impression of the quality, well this is not a world class Chinese restaurant, but it is very honest authentic Chinese food of good quality and flavor.

Their specialty noodles are made fresh in house but not a hand pulled method.

I would describe them as similar to Japanese udon noodle in thickness and texture.

I had two dishes.

The Spicy Beef Noodle soup and the steamed seafood dumplings.

The noodle soup broth was very nicely spiced. In addition to the expected chili flavor there were some other herbs and spices and reminded me a little bit of a Vietnamese Pho broth. It was so delicious that I ate all the broth. The beef consisted of a smallish portion of chunks, not really the Chinese beef stew type meat I would have preferred (as you find at Shanghai restaurant on 3rd road in their beef stew flavored hand pulled noodles soup). The noodles I described already were indeed fresh and pleasant. There was some green vegetable as well.

I compare this dish directly the Shanghai restaurant version and I really like both for different reasons. I like the broth at the Naklua place much better.

The steamed seafood dumplings (12) were delicate, delicious, and delightful. They featured a thinner wrapping than I usually expect with Northern Chinese style dumplings. I like both styles ... both good to me, just different.

I have included the entire menu. As you can see, not a large menu. A very easy menu to comprehend. I think that's great.

The Chinese lady that served me was very, very friendly and spoke more than enough English to get the job done.

While I was there two large parties of actual Chinese people came in to eat.

This is a way of saying, this restaurant is really going to do great, so new and already getting big tables of Chinese customers.

I don't think they are going to really need very many western customers, but the good news is everyone is welcome and the menu in English is very clear.

Too bad for me this place is in Naklua though. I'm sure if it was closer to me I'd be going very regularly.

I hope many of you enjoy this welcome addition to our REAL Chinese restaurant scene in Pattaya.

As the numbers of Chinese tourists increase, I think we can expect more of these kinds of places in different parts of town.

I will add a caveat. My dumplings took quite a long time to arrive and that was BEFORE the large tables of Chinese people arrived. It was explained it just too that long to make fresh for me. Well. that's great, no complaint about that, but if you arrive and they are already busy I would prepared to wait a long time for some of the dishes. Also, remember it's a very new restaurant. There are always issues with new restaurants getting their act together.

MENU

Noodles in beef soup 139
Noodles in spicy beef soup 139
Seafood noodles 149
Noodles chicken drumsticks 139
Noodles in special soup 139
Noodles in tum yum soup 129
Noodles in tomato egg soup 99
Noodles with marinated pork rib 139
Marinated chicken wings 139
Marinated mixed dish 149
Marinated chicken feet 129
Marinated egg 19
Marinated beef 179
Marinated duck wing 139
Marinated duck palm 129
Spring roll 109
Lamb stick 99
Beef stick 99
Chicken wing special sauce 99
Fried ribbon fish 129
Fried prawn 139
Pork meatballs 119
Fried sausage 23
Cucumber salad 89
Tomato sauce marinated fish 99
Marinated peanut 99
Black fungus soy sauce 99
Bean curd spring onion 99
Cucumber salad 99
Jellyfish w/ black vinegar 129
Shredded potato salad 79
Seawood salad 139
Chinese language mystery option ??? 99
Guangzhou fried rice 89
Fried noodles w/ vegetable and egg 89
Fried noodles w/ pork 109
Fried noodles w/ seafood 129
Wonton 129
Special fish ball soup 139
Steamed Dumplings (seafood or pork) 149 or 129
Fried dumplings (pork) 129
Seafood porridge w/ preserved egg 109
Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Jingthing, I think we are going to get an explosion of these kind of restaurants, there is one like this behind Country Road down near the beach Jomtien, and the tour groups pour in there everyday, the place is packed, menu looks good

Edit o/t Thais should be putting up signs in Chinese instead of Russian these days, times have changed

Edited by bartender100
  • Like 1

Jingthing, I think we are going to get an explosion of these kind of restaurants, there is one like this behind Country Road down near the beach Jomtien, and the tour groups pour in there everyday, the place is packed, menu looks good

Edit o/t Thais should be putting up signs in Chinese instead of Russian these days, times have changed

Indeed.

That is the authentic Sechuan restaurant that I have posted about numerous times for several months now. It is definitely the best place in town for Sechuan food ... nothing else comes close.

Things are definitely getting a lot better for people like me who love Indian and Chinese food.

But still some important things missing.

Like good Mexican food.

Like Ethiopian food.

Like Malaysian food.

Like good Vietnamese food.

Another thing to note is not all of the "ethnic" restaurants are accessible to non-tour groups and/or people other than the targeted nationality. I've been literally chased out of some restaurants, (Korean and Chinese), because they only cater to tour groups. Often even if they'll serve you the menu is hard to understand and nobody speaks English.

That said, I've had the same kind of "not welcome" no English menu problem sometimes in the USA with some Asian restaurants!

Edited by Jingthing

INDONESIAN RESTAURANT GONE.

Bali Breeze, the only dedicated Indonesian restaurant in the region appears to have vanished.

It was on Jomtien 2nd road a bit south of Rompho market.

There are some Dutch places that do a few Indonesian style dishes, but not the same thing.

For a long while there was still a sign up and it seemed to be under a major renovation.

But now I see nothing.

Well, I was never impressed with the place but sure would like to see a new Indonesian place to do it better.

Again.

Oh well!

It's weird, isn't it?

Here we are in Southeast Asia, in the biggest beach resort city in the Southeast Asia, and such limited options for neighboring nation's foods?

Indonesian

Cambodian

Burmese

Singapore/Malaysian

Vietnamese

Filipino

Lao ... close enough with all the Isaan food.

Perhaps we should consider ourselves lucky that we can still get decent THAI food here!

Edited by Jingthing

Here we are in Southeast Asia, in the biggest beach resort city in the Southeast Asia, and such limited options for neighboring nation's foods?

Filipino

There is (or was) a Pinoy place at the back of BigC in Central Road. Not sure if it's still functioning though.

I like the RP and I like Filipinos (who are infinitely easier to get on with than Thais are), but with a handful of notable exceptions their cuisine is one of the dullest on the planet. Probably the main reason why I dont live there rather than here.

Mind you, I dont suppose I would have ever eaten bat adobo or BBQ aso (dog) skewers anywhere else. And I have some magical memories of eating rotisseried chicken with spicy (no sugar at all) dip and lots of fresh oysters there.

Was.

Closed LONG AGO.

It was actually quite good.

The lady owner said she was going to open more places but never saw any and have even asked some Pinoy people if they know of any place now, and so far, I've got nothing.

I enjoy good Filipino food and that was not hard to find in California. I wouldn't want to be stuck with it as the only option though, that would be hell.

Edited by Jingthing

Yet another IRANIAN BUFFET restaurant. clap2.gif

OK, as far as I know there are now three Iranian BUFFET restaurants in town (on top of their a la carte menus).

Previously mentioned have been the place on 2nd road very close to the famous BOAT restaurant, South Pattaya.

That one is 199, lunch and dinner.

Also previously mentioned is the higher end PARSI place also on 2nd road, west side, north of Pattaya Klang. That place is more expensive and somewhat higher quality.

However, the location is not great and they either seem to be empty or full up with groups, so unpredictable.

The new to me third place is called HATAM.

It is in South Pattaya in back of Tukcom.

So find the road adjacent to Tukcom, east side and go up to the corner of the first major road. Pattaya Saisong 16.

It is called HATAM.

The buffet is very similar to the 199 baht 2nd road place but less extensive and probably less popular.

Open from lunch till late.

I haven't tried yet but I did notice the Ghormeh Sabzi looked pretty good and the place near Boat often doesn't even have Gormeh Sabzi.

So less might be more.

None of the signage is in English except the name HATAM, but language shouldn't be a problem for the buffet.

I got around to trying this place.

This is a real find.

While the buffet is less extensive, it is a better culinary experience than the high volume place on 2nd road, South Pattaya, near Boat restaurant.

There was real meat in the ghormeh sabzi, not little dodgy meatballs.

The best part was a roasted chicken with saffron dish.

The stews are too oily but the trick there is to put it in bowls and filter out the oil before you add to your rice.

Speaking of rice, there were multiple varieties of fancy rice, all good.

Drinking water free if you wish or purchase drinks.

Also there is an a la carte menu which some were ordering. Food looked good ... and guess what, the prices are more attractive than most local Iranian places.

For example, lamb shank with special lima bean dill rice at 300, don't think you can beat that price in town.

To add there is hard liquor on display and there was a table of discreet polite Israelis loving the food -- my kind of Iranian restaurant!

World peace maybe not, but world peas most definitely.

Now don't get me wrong, this is a low cost buffet, the food quality isn't anything to write home to Tehran about ... but what a great option for a cheap and healthy (if you choose) tasty Persian pigout giggle.gif (oh, that was naughty)!

Pattaya food scene ... so many options ...

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thanks 1

I went to "Made in Italy" on Jomtien second road opposite Kiss Food near Rompho market today to try out their pizza for lunch today.

So I've now got a new favorite pizza place (thank you to who recommended it earlier in this thread)

The place is small, there are just a handful of tables inside, and be warned: the place closes at 20:00 !

We ordered 2 pizze, one salame and one quadro stagioni, pics attached.

What can I say - they do it just right, cooked perfectly, good size, right amount of toppings, enough cheese, and even some oregano on top...

spicy olive oil is available on request.

check the attached pictures

they also make pasta dishes, and offer several pasta types to choose from, for example spaghetti, tagliatelle, fusili, penne, gnocchi, ravioli and tortellini.

I guess their pasta dishes are excellent as well.

price wise, it was reasonable, not cheap either, but they delivered the quality. the salame pizza was 240 baht and quadro stagioni 260 baht. Small soft drinks (325 ml) are 50 baht and a small beer 90 baht.

there was no taxes or service added, the bill came out to 600 baht with two chocolate and almond pralines - nice touch !

service was very friendly, so I left a tip of 60 baht.

conclusion: very recommended.

this is the exact location:

https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/12%C2%B053%2754.8%22N+100%C2%B052%2718.7%22E/@12.898558,100.871855,307m/data

(I would like more people to also include exact maps links to locations they mention)

I don't know what their plans are for the place, I can't imagine the rent there to be very cheap and the handful tables cannot be enough to generate a lot of business.

My opinion is that once their skill for pizza baking has spread mouth to mouth they should first try to slightly reorganize the room to get more tables in and extend opening hours to at least 22:00 - they could have a nice little business there, if the pizza oven is large enough.

Just keep quality and price where they are now, and this will work.

I can well see the place expanding into a neighboring shop!

post-67243-0-16449600-1435045450_thumb.j

post-67243-0-63426800-1435045435_thumb.j

Edited by manarak
  • Like 1

Yet another IRANIAN BUFFET restaurant. clap2.gif

OK, as far as I know there are now three Iranian BUFFET restaurants in town (on top of their a la carte menus).

Previously mentioned have been the place on 2nd road very close to the famous BOAT restaurant, South Pattaya.

That one is 199, lunch and dinner.

Also previously mentioned is the higher end PARSI place also on 2nd road, west side, north of Pattaya Klang. That place is more expensive and somewhat higher quality.

However, the location is not great and they either seem to be empty or full up with groups, so unpredictable.

The new to me third place is called HATAM.

It is in South Pattaya in back of Tukcom.

So find the road adjacent to Tukcom, east side and go up to the corner of the first major road. Pattaya Saisong 16.

It is called HATAM.

The buffet is very similar to the 199 baht 2nd road place but less extensive and probably less popular.

Open from lunch till late.

I haven't tried yet but I did notice the Ghormeh Sabzi looked pretty good and the place near Boat often doesn't even have Gormeh Sabzi.

So less might be more.

None of the signage is in English except the name HATAM, but language shouldn't be a problem for the buffet.

I got around to trying this place.

This is a real find.

While the buffet is less extensive, it is a better culinary experience than the high volume place on 2nd road, South Pattaya, near Boat restaurant.

There was real meat in the ghormeh sabzi, not little dodgy meatballs.

The best part was a roasted chicken with saffron dish.

The stews are too oily but the trick there is to put it in bowls and filter out the oil before you add to your rice.

Speaking of rice, there were multiple varieties of fancy rice, all good.

Drinking water free if you wish or purchase drinks.

Also there is an a la carte menu which some were ordering. Food looked good ... and guess what, the prices are more attractive than most local Iranian places.

For example, lamb shank with special lima bean dill rice at 300, don't think you can beat that price in town.

To add there is hard liquor on display and there was a table of discreet polite Israelis loving the food -- my kind of Iranian restaurant!

World peace maybe not, but world peas most definitely.

Now don't get me wrong, this is a low cost buffet, the food quality isn't anything to write home to Tehran about ... but what a great option for a cheap and healthy (if you choose) tasty Persian pigout giggle.gif (oh, that was naughty)!

Pattaya food scene ... so many options ...

I had to go to Tukcom today and decided to try to find Hatam.......finally found it, but I was early and they were just setting up the buffet. What I saw looked good, but I am far from being very familiar with Iranian food. I did talk to the owner and he said that he was selling the place, so better eat there while you can.

• Like 1

I went to "Made in Italy" on Jomtien second road opposite Kiss Food near Rompho market today to try out their pizza for lunch today.

So I've now got a new favorite pizza place (thank you to who recommended it earlier in this thread)

The place is small, there are just a handful of tables inside, and be warned: the place closes at 20:00 !

We ordered 2 pizze, one salame and one quadro stagioni, pics attached.

What can I say - they do it just right, cooked perfectly, good size, right amount of toppings, enough cheese, and even some oregano on top...

spicy olive oil is available on request.

check the attached pictures

they also make pasta dishes, and offer several pasta types to choose from, for example spaghetti, tagliatelle, fusili, penne, gnocchi, ravioli and tortellini.

I guess their pasta dishes are excellent as well.

price wise, it was reasonable, not cheap either, but they delivered the quality. the salame pizza was 240 baht and quadro stagioni 260 baht. Small soft drinks (325 ml) are 50 baht and a small beer 90 baht.

there was no taxes or service added, the bill came out to 600 baht with two chocolate and almond pralines - nice touch !

service was very friendly, so I left a tip of 60 baht.

conclusion: very recommended.

this is the exact location:

https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/12%C2%B053%2754.8%22N+100%C2%B052%2718.7%22E/@12.898558,100.871855,307m/data

(I would like more people to also include exact maps links to locations they mention)

I don't know what their plans are for the place, I can't imagine the rent there to be very cheap and the handful tables cannot be enough to generate a lot of business.

My opinion is that once their skill for pizza baking has spread mouth to mouth they should first try to slightly reorganize the room to get more tables in and extend opening hours to at least 22:00 - they could have a nice little business there, if the pizza oven is large enough.

Just keep quality and price where they are now, and this will work.

I can well see the place expanding into a neighboring shop!

attachicon.gif20150623_134547.jpg

attachicon.gif20150623_134352.jpg

Made in Italy is my favorite place for pizza. They thin crust is amazing--perfectly cooked. I always get the staggione (sp?). I like the size of the place and hope they keep it that way. There is a large wine selection and an Italian deli. The pasta dishes are good and not expensive. The people who work there are friendly. The owners, Italian, seem to keep to themselves unless you speak Italian (no problem).

• Like 1

I had to go to Tukcom today and decided to try to find Hatam.......finally found it, but I was early and they were just setting up the buffet. What I saw looked good, but I am far from being very familiar with Iranian food. I did talk to the owner and he said that he was selling the place, so better eat there while you can.

Well, that's the beauty of buffets. You don't have to know anything about the food. Just whatever looks interesting, check it out. So if that place closes there are scads of other Iranian places in town including two other buffet places, previously mentioned. There is nothing challenging about the food on these buffets, Iranian food uses very subtle spicing, but the deep fried items are a bit disgusting as they sit so long. I just avoid those. Some people think Persian food is the same as Arabic food, but it's not.

Here's a tip, for any kebab type items (the yellow roasted chicken pieces at Hatam would work) sprinkle some SUMAC on it. It is very subtle so use a lot to taste it at all. To those not familiar it might look like chili powder, but it's completely different. I know that's tradition, sumac on kebabs, but I also put it on Persian rice. Very fancy rice is a big part of their food culture.

A place I recommend for good quality a la carte Iranian food is Pars on 2nd road north of Pattaya Tai, a bit south of the Beverly Plaza Hotel. I like it a bit better than the larger Iranian place right next to the Beverly.

To add, there really isn't any high gourmet level Iranian restaurant in town. The places here are all pretty pedestrian, but still good and representative of their food.

Edited by Jingthing

Made in Italy is my favorite place for pizza. They thin crust is amazing--perfectly cooked. I always get the staggione (sp?). I like the size of the place and hope they keep it that way. There is a large wine selection and an Italian deli. The pasta dishes are good and not expensive. The people who work there are friendly. The owners, Italian, seem to keep to themselves unless you speak Italian (no problem).

Mostly agree, but if keeping the place as small as now, there is a real danger to see it close abruptly on a whim because the little income won't be missed much.

Using a neighboring shop as a restaurant room with about twelve more tables wouldn't hurt in my opinion and would also give that restaurant business some size, profitability and perennity, making it a worthwile business to pursue in future.

Edited by manarak

Wow!

I do recall posting this suggestion before, that Pastrami and Rye would a natural place to sell better bagels in Pattaya.

Well now they will be doing that.

What they are calling hand rolled bagels.

I am not sure if that means they will use an authentic BOILING the dough method in preparation, I certainly hope so.

But even with non-boiled ones it wouldn't be that hard to offer the best bagels in Pattaya.

Also I do admit that even non-boiled ones can sometimes be delicious, such as some major U.S. bagel chains.

Anyway ... coming soon to Pattaya ... presumably better bagels!

Yippee!

(Getting more like South Florida every day!)

https://www.facebook.com/pastramionryethailand

OK, I will admit it's premature to presume these bagels will be that great until I taste them, but what the heck, even the potential of this is kind of exciting.

Pastrami on Rye will soon be offering ALL DAY breakfast sandwiches and bagels.

If this doesn't excite you...you're a sick individual

post-37101-0-82208500-1435219172_thumb.j

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Big discounts! Check it out. eatigo.com website and app. Enjoying a 50 percent off meal right now. App easy to use. You must book your time slot. Different slots different discounts. Food discounts only on entire menu. Not drinks.

Big discounts! Check it out. eatigo.com website and app. Enjoying a 50 percent off meal right now. App easy to use. You must book your time slot. Different slots different discounts. Food discounts only on entire menu. Not drinks.

Appears to be Bangkok only.

Anyway ... coming soon to Pattaya ... presumably better bagels!

Can anyone comment on the bagels in Tops bakery in Central? They had quite a big choice of them the other day and they looked OK if rather expensive.

Incorrect.

I just used in Pattaya,

Let's hope more PATTAYA places get added to their list!

http://eatigo.com/home/th/en/pattaya/from//

But already there are some REALLY GOOD restaurants on the list (such as Indian by Nature) that are otherwise rather unaffordable to a lot of us.

There is a very intriguing place on the list that I had not been aware of before.

EL GRECO.

http://www.elgreco-pattaya.com/#_=_

Anyone been there?

Greek and Mediterranean place.

Different than Pattayanis.

The pictures of the food look good and they have some dishes I don't think are offered anywhere else locally.

BTW, in my first try, Eatigo was a breeze to use and had totally welcoming and gracious reception at the restaurant. No issues whatsoever. Be sure to announce your confirmed reservation on arrival. I just flashed the image of it on my smartphone.

Edited by Jingthing

Incorrect.

I just used in Pattaya,

Earlier it wasn't showing anything for Pattaya for me, but now it is. Maybe some glitch.

Also not completely clear on the site as to whether the discount applies to everything on the menu or only the items listed in the menu preview.

Edited by KittenKong

I already addressed this.

It is EVERY menu item that is food.

Believe me.

That is the deal and it is a great deal if you want to eat during the 50 percent slots.

I do have one similar question though.

Some places have daily specials not on printed menus and for those I am not entirely clear if they are included. I think in such cases, it would be prudent to ask.

Another concern I would have is being treated shabbily by staff for being a cheap Charlie.

Well I don't think that would happen much as people would comment about it on the website. I think the places participating in this offer really want people to use it.

Edited by Jingthing

Another concern I would have is being treated shabbily by staff for being a cheap Charlie.

Somehow I dont think I'll be losing much sleep worrying about that possibility.

I've been thrown out of much better places than you can find on discount websites here. smile.png

• Like 2

Understood.

But you do need to announce you are on the program and it seems to me that could open up the possibility of not being treated so well.

Restaurants aren't democracies ... they really don't always treat everyone the same.

Personally when I've got a deep discount I tend to order more expensive stuff anyway.

I can imagine if you used this deal again and again and ordered the cheapest thing and water every time, you may just be wearing out the welcome!

Also note this deal applies to some very popular BUFFETS in town as well, with the best deals being in questionable time slots perhaps.

For those, I wouldn't consider treatment from staff as a potential issue as it's a buffet, but I would worry a bit about going LATE to a buffet (food being tired or not being replenished).

Edited by Jingthing

Understood.

But you do need to announce you are on the program and it seems to me that could open up the possibility of not being treated so well.

Restaurants aren't democracies ... they really don't always treat everyone the same.

Personally when I've got a deep discount I tend to order more expensive stuff anyway.

I can imagine if you used this deal again and again and ordered the cheapest thing and water every time, you may just be wearing out the welcome!

Also note this deal applies to some very popular BUFFETS in town as well, with the best deals being in questionable time slots perhaps.

For those, I wouldn't consider treatment from staff as a potential issue as it's a buffet, but I would worry a bit about going LATE to a buffet (food being tired or not being replenished).

I wont disagree with any of that.

I was quite excited by the 50% Hilton Edge discount until I realised that it doesn't actually apply to any time I would want to go there, and you have to be at least two people to get it anyway which definitely takes the edge (sorry) off it for me.

Other offers from other places suit me better and I will be sampling at least two next week, both Indian. So thanks for pointing the site out.

• Like 1

That's interesting.

I wasn't aware that any of the places had minimum guest restrictions.

Another thing I wonder about is whether the offers are personalized.

In other words, if you've tried out a place already at a deep discount do you stop getting that offer or does everyone still get the same offers?

I'm assuming the latter but software could easily do the former.

A reason might be to get people to try out a new place and they might like it so much they won't need a discount.

On buffets offering late hours cheaper, that motivation is obvious, it's really not worth as much then!

Of the ones I looked at only the Hilton has a minimum covers restriction which matches their premium membership offers. So probably just a Hilton thing. A shame as I would go there much more often if I could get a fair discount as a singleton. I would even buy the premium membership.

Yes, they certainly could be targeting the offers especially if you create a log-in. Probably not though, as most places seem to be promoting "low" hours with good discounts, presumably with a view to getting bums on seats.

They certainly wont be seeing me in an evening buffet here at 9.30pm; there's usually nothing left after 8pm!

I saw an enjoyable film recently called "Chef," in which a prominent theme was the making of a proper Cuban sandwich. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chef_%28film%29 I'll have to give one a try at Pastrami and Rye.

FYI:

The Cuban sandwich at the world famous Pastrami and Rye Jomtien is Tampa Florida style.

That means they include some salami.

Do I think this is a good thing? Yes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuban_sandwich

The main regional disagreement about the sandwich’s recipe is whether or not to include salami. In Tampa, Genoa salami[3] is traditionally layered in with the other meats, probably due to influence of Italian immigrantswho lived side-by-side with Cubans and Spaniards in Ybor City.[9][14][15] In South Florida, salami is left out.[16]

Was.

Closed LONG AGO.

The lady owner said she was going to open more places but never saw any and have even asked some Pinoy people if they know of any place now, and so far, I've got nothing.

I enjoy good Filipino food and that was not hard to find in California. I wouldn't want to be stuck with it as the only option though, that would be hell.

There is a Filipino restaurant in Pattaya, my Filipino friends in Bangkok always go there , its located near Bangkok Pattaya hospital . Never been there myself . According to them they serve the best pinoy food in this area.

• Like 1

Was.

Closed LONG AGO.

There is a Filipino restaurant in Pattaya, my Filipino friends in Bangkok always go there , its located near Bangkok Pattaya hospital . Never been there myself . According to them they serve the best pinoy food in this area.

Great!

Maybe it's the same lady as that other place which would be good because the food was really good.

Can you please find out more detailed location information and post it here when you get the chance?

• Like 1

OK, I have a pleasant update about the Chinese Noodle place I posted in detail about recently here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/608166-the-hit-and-run-restaurant-review-thread/page-39#entry9539209

This time had the noodle soup with egg and tomato 99, the shredded potato salad 69, and an order of the lamb sticks 99,

Inquiring about some other dishes, I was informed the fish balls in the "special" fish ball soup was bought in ... good that they're honest.

The won tons and dumplings are made in house though.

I was also informed that there will be menu adjustments made soon, some deletions and some additions. Unfortunately the lady telling me this couldn't give more details, but I'll go back anyway and find out.

The noodle soup was good as before when I had the spicy beef version ... this time the broth seemed more fatty.

The shredded potato salad was wonderful, a cool temperature version rather than a hot fried version I've seen at other local restaurants. Flavored with sesame oil I added some chili paste from the condiments to jazz it up.

The lamb sticks were special. These are the Northern Chinese style CUMIN SPICY meat sticks which have become a bit trendy among U.S. foodies.

This version tasted like they had been deep fried, so yes a little greasy, but WOW the CUMIN spice on them popped big time.

By all means try these meat sticks!

I will be bummed if they drop these CUMIN meat sticks.

Goes so well with the soup and a Chinese salad as I had.

As before they were getting lots of Chinese customers ...

Edited by Jingthing

For those asking about Filipino restaurants, a Filipina friend who has lived in Pattaya for two years says these two are popular. Don't know exact location or other specifics, but they presumably can be found via Google or FaceBook.

Albertos - Located on Pattaya Klang

post-53404-0-55387100-1435774682_thumb.j

GoodLife - Located Soi Potisam Naklua

post-53404-0-01455900-1435774708_thumb.j

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1