Best Deals For Computers?

mja1906

I'm looking for a desktop pc, and wondering where the best places are for best deals. I'm thinking Computer city?

I saw these specs there, seems like a good deal? All come with keyboard,mouse, wireless camera, 20ins LCD

1) Pentium dual core, G640 2.80GHz (speed)

4GB

HDD = 1TB

20 ins LCD

Approx 13,000bt

2) Athlon II, x3 455+ 3.30 GHz

4GB

1TB

20 ins LCD

Approx 13,000bt

Cheers,

Icon Plaza and the one either side of it (NW side of moat), one of which I believe is Computer City but not sure of names. Get a good deal and take it to another dealer to see what they will do to better it. Rinse and repeat.

Here on Phuket, Supercheap has for many offers the best price!

Notebooks is easy to spot, all the same hardware, but even for desktops, it isn't that difficult, to check!

oops: And I wouldn't do Athlon!

Edited by noob7

junk specs at 13000 baht. and whats the gpu in that bundle? hd2000?, junk. you could get a A10 at that price

AMD APU A10 w 7660D + mobo 6k

4gb ram 650

wd 1tb hdd, 2500

run bf3 lag free at all high settings, 1280 x 800. 30-50fps

best deal is to build your own

for a comparison

the g640 benchmark is 2634

althon ii x2 is 2971

A10 is at 4792

not worth it. do not jump on that deal. if the package doesnt even have a proper gpu but uses the hd2000 with the g640, it can't even run minecraft properly

Edited by barefoot1988

People still buy Desktop PC's? I believe as a civilization we have moved on.

But to answer the question let me say what I always say:

ALL current internal hardware is adequate for just about any type of use. Maybe if you work in video animation or are a gaming nut you need to take a second look at spec sheets, but for everyone else it's all fine as long as you don't skimp on the memory. (4Gb is fine)

HOWEVER, there are a lot of things that you actually touch and look at all day that vary greatly in quality. Keyboard. Screen. A printer if you need one. That is where I would pay closest attention, and pay a bit extra if needed. Fortunately these are things that anyone can readily evaluate just by having a good look at things and trying it out; no technical knowledge required.

And finally I would spend a little to get a legal operating system installed, so you get security updates without jumping through hoops. Windows 8 is fine (after installing replacements for the crap default apps for things like viewing pictures and playing music.)

^ True; I guess you can do more service and maintenance yourself on a Desktop.. easy to just open the case to remove dust, replace faulty fans or any other parts are easily swapped out. Then again also more mobile devices are so cheap that you just replace the whole thing when it craps out in a year or 3. (And are also easily connected to a nice big display and proper keyboard & mouse.)

^ That is what I was thinking... At my second home I was going to use one of my laptops attached to an extra monitor I have. Unfortunately the laptop can't supply the resolution the monitor likes. Guess I'll build another desktop; something I enjoy doing anyway.