Visit A Thai Jail

Foexie

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Until you find out for sure the prison where she is being held then hard to proceed further. Not everyone ends up in Klong Prem. If she is being held in Pathumthani then this previous thread may be of help:

If she hasn't actually been sentenced then I don't see why there would be problems for people other than her family visiting her. In Klong Prem the problem could be that prisoners are only allowed one 15-20 minute visit per day so if someone gets there before you then it's a wasted trip.

You say you are in Belguim and have a language barrier communicating with her brother. There will be probably be an area where the Thai community gather e.g. a temple or a retail area so maybe you can try going there to see if someone can help with translation for you, to be sure you understand the situation clearly.

One thing I would strongly suggest is to confirm someone is helping with her day to day living e.g. food and toiletries. If her family is visiting her then I hope they would but you need to find this out for sure. As mentioned earlier, there is usually a prison mini-mart or food stall where money can be deposited for her. Prison food in Thailand is usually terrible so being able to order additional food and get something from the prison shop, even simple things like shampoo, fruit, drinks and snacks would ease her situation.

http://www.safecoms.com/about-us/articles-published-in-the-press-in-thailand-english/tto-it-with-software-it-pays-to-be-legal.html

240,000 baht for using illegal software ? C'mon , the whole thing just doesn't add up.

Very FIshy !!

The software wasn't accualy illegal. She did have it on her old laptop and used it without a licence on the computer of this company. The 240000 bht is the money demands my gf to pay as compensation "for damage" beeing done by her because now they have to pay the company who is the owner of Solidworks.

Fishy maybe yes. But in a country as Thailand every thing is possible. And that is why i try to find out what is going on.

The whole thing has been made up by her and her family to milk the dumb farang for money, obviously.

Maybe, maybe not. But then explane to me why she haven't ask me for money? She refused the 30000 bht i did wanna send to get a lawyer and she told her brother to tell me not to send her any money.

Not every Thai girl is a moneysucking golddiging bargirl. So until proven something else i will keep believing that she is in big trouble.

So forgive me that i am beeing a bit confused and that i want to find out what is going on.

Regards, Foexie

Foexie,I hope that this isn't a troll thread.

If it is genuine then send me a message with the phone number of your g/f's brother and I will ask my g/f to call him tomorrow and find out if/where she is in prison.

Shaggy

Foexie, you need help. Hope you can get it here or elsewhere.

Start off with taking Shaggy's gesture seriously. thumbsup.gif

Hey Foexie, perhaps there is a member on here that lives close to the jail your GF is in and could pay a visit for you if your not in Thailand, and get some comformation for you...Just an idea. Thai Visa members are a helpful bunch.

Your GF has had alot of bad luck lately thats for sure. Just be careful and best of luck.

prison for illegal software??? they would have to lock up the whole MBK then

No she have to go to jail because her old company demands her to pay money for using "illegal" software on their computers. Maybe those cops get some money from the company or person to give her trouble. I really don't know. That is why i want to find out.

Foexie,I hope that this isn't a troll thread.

If it is genuine then send me a message with the phone number of your g/f's brother and I will ask my g/f to call him tomorrow and find out if/where she is in prison.

Shaggy

Foexie, you need help. Hope you can get it here or elsewhere.

Start off with taking Shaggy's gesture seriously. thumbsup.gif

I will Dancealot. Thx so much for your support.

have you every been to Thailand and met this girl or is this an internet relationship?

have you every been to Thailand and met this girl or is this an internet relationship?

If you did read all you would know that yes i did see her several times and that i did go visit her house in Patum Thani. How else i did see she her business. It was a driving school she had. A real one because the cars she had had pedals at both sides.

Sounds like you live in Belgium so when you say she is your GF of 1.5 years, do you actually mean that you have visited here a few times? If so you are not her BF, you are her sponsor!

I can't be sure whether you are a troll or not. She doesn't want money from you, but is not shy about asking for money to pay off her car loans? She must be a smart girl as she gives you the impression that she doesn't want your money, but you still keep sending it.

Last year when i did meet my gf i visited her house in Patum Thani. She lived there with her brother and they had a small business and she also had a job.

She lives with her brother??!! Come on, you can't be serious smile.png

Only thing she could save was some clothes and a damaged car.
And when they impounded one of her cars because she couldn't pay her loans anymore i payed that bill too

Had you forgotten that she could only save one damaged car? How did they manage to impound one of her cars if she only had one?

There must be a high probability that she is not in jail, but living cosily with her "brother" waiting for the quarter million payoff from the naive farang(s).

Maybe it is hard for you to understand but i am loyal when i start something with someone. Even at first before we meet and when it is an internet relationship. But like i said already several times: i did meet her and been to her house and see how she lived.

The only time she asked me for money was when she needed to repair her car so she could use it for her work. That was about 40000 bht.

The car she saved was the car she accualy used because when she used to go to work at the time of the fload and she told me the car beeing parked on a bridge on the highway like hundreds of other did. I seen the images on tv and see that many peoples did the same. Before she did have 2 cars.

She did have her business and told me her brother was an drivinginstructor working for her because he not finished his university and could not find a job.

You can think what you want and if it turns out i been stupid so it is. Right now i know nothing and just try to get answers. That's why i try to find help. I already contacted law offices and expats from Belgium. If needed i will pay for an PI. i just want to find out so at least i can find out if what i did was good or bad.

Hey Foexie, perhaps there is a member on here that lives close to the jail your GF is in and could pay a visit for you if your not in Thailand, and get some comformation for you...Just an idea. Thai Visa members are a helpful bunch.

Your GF has had alot of bad luck lately thats for sure. Just be careful and best of luck.

Thank you so much Kris. Your words really means alot to me. I will be carefull. That's why i am inhere asking for help.

I'm Thai also but I can't do this to people sad.png

Professional liar..

I hope not Mintra.

I know Thai peoples as really nice and friendly peoples. I hope she will not make me change my mind.

What is she charged with?

What sort of sentence is she looking at?

Hi Toley,

i don't know how it is called but what happened was this:

My gf did work for a compagny for about 3 months. During this time she already had a few fights with an senior employer ( her boss). For doing her job better she installed a program, what she did use in school and work before,on the companies computer but without license. The bosses knew that but never did anything about it.

When she did wanna quite her job problems started. The senior boss started to give her a more bad time and at the last they everything escalated . They called the police and told them about what she did. The police took this very serious and charged her from, i think, using of illegal software. After she got a claim of the company of 240000bht what she needed to pay to invoid a visit at the court. Because we couldn't pay that amount she had no choice to go to the court . That is all i know. My gf expectec to be inside jail for about 800 days. She told me she thinks that 1 day in jail is worth 300bht.

But i can't speak with her family so i still don't know what the court said.

Very mysterious type of story. If the story is indeed true and you can still get her out I would pay what 8k USD rather than have her languish in gaol for 2.5 years. She could pay some of it back in that time anyway if she got another job.

Alternatively if you are not that committed to her forget her and move on sounds like too much trouble that aint going away anytime soon.

Remember too with thai women you marry the family too and if the family is bad that aint going away. Something to think about.

• Like 1

Most visiting times are 2 hours in the morning and two hours in the afternoon (this is the window, the actual visit is 10-15 minutes. SHow up, bring 2 copies of your ID or passprt, fill out form and give her legal name. While waiting you can deposit money in her account or put in order for specific items to be giving to her. When her name is called listen for what booth or room number. Most visits are behind glass, via a telephone unless she earned "contact visits", Usually takes 2-3 hours for a 10 minute visit. Usually no english speakers or english forms so good to take a Thai with you (unless your fluent) the first few times.

240,000 baht for using illegal software ? C'mon , the whole thing just doesn't add up.

Very FIshy !!

My wifes brother killed a young kid that was riding on the back of his parents motorbike. Brother in law was thrown in jail in BKK and released after paying 100,000 baht to the family.

My point is how can the op's girl be getting fined 240,000 baht for illegal computer software?..hard to fathom.

• Like 1

The one eyed trouser snake.

Dissengage the brain.

Yet again

Don't be so cynical , Hedghog . The whole thing , as unbelievable as it is, COULD be true. Even if it isn't and turns out You are right , OP will not appreciate your advice at this stage in time.

Lessons ,no matter how costly, have to be learnt by OP himself.

• Like 2

No she have to go to jail because her old company demands her to pay money for using "illegal" software on their computers. Maybe those cops get some money from the company or person to give her trouble. I really don't know. That is why i want to find out.

Depending on the size of the company, I could imagine they have a lot of ilegal software on their computers, and ultimately they are as liable for the use of that software as much as she may be! Sounds odd at best. But as TiT!

Beats the sick buffalo scenerio hands down. Troll or scam?

Sent from my GT-P6200 using Thaivisa Connect App

• Like 1