Chelsea 3- Colchester1

lampard10

Good scrap,good match. Bunch of terriers that Colchester. Reading the reports in the paper, and listening to the post-match reviews, it sounded like Chelsea were under the hammer for most of the game. The way I saw it ( and my watching customers) was that Chelsea had it under control and could have turned the thumb-screw at any time. One thing the commentator did have right though, Colchester were a team, Chelsea were a bunch of very expensive second stringers that had hardly ever played together before. That much showed. The eleven he put out last night would have been taken apart by most Premiership sides. But as usual Mr Mohrino had the bench on his side. I can hear some of you thinking. They had a full squad last week and were taken apart. It does strengthen some of your thoughts that managers put weakened teams out for the F.A. Cup.But I suppose that's the stupidity of having a 5th round cup tie, three days before the same stage in Europe. Anyway, well done Colchester United for having the guts to take the game to us.

Good Post (for a change). I did not watch it because I felt the result was a foregone conclusion (as it turned out to be)

Colchester have a great Manager (My Son knows him personally when my Son worked for and he played for Reading) He used to give 110% in his paying days, and would never give anything less in his Managerial job.

Parkinson is the "Stuart Pearce" of the lower divisons.

I rememeber an incident about 10 years ago when we lost 4-0 at home to Ipswich (when they were just about to be promoted to the Premeirship). He sat on a stool at the end of the bar, just muttering"4-0 at home" over and over again, nobody could console him as he was Captain at the time.

Look out for Phil Parkinson- 10 years from now he will be the Manager of a very big club.

He has taken from from obscurity to top of League 2 with an excellent chance on getting them into the Championship with a budget of tuppance.

Well done Chelsea, I hope that it will be a Blues v Reds final, now that will be another cracker

Edited by ThaiPauly

Good Post (for a change).

For a change.................FOR A CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! most my posts are good, some brilliant. After I write a masterpiece I sit back and read, wondering when this litery genius will be discovered. When will I rank among the greats? Shakespeare,H.G.Wells,Tolkein, Ibsen,Tolstoy and Enid Blyton. When will my charactors become household names, like Beowulf,Gandolf, Phileas Fogg, Bilbo Baggins,or Thomas the Tank Engine? Maybe I am sounding a wee bit Mertonish, but that is better than writing like Siam Superfly :o

For a change.................FOR A CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! most my posts are good, some brilliant. After I write a masterpiece I sit back and read, wondering when this litery genius will be discovered. When will I rank among the greats? Shakespeare,H.G.Wells,Tolkein, Ibsen,Tolstoy and Enid Blyton. When will my charactors become household names, like Beowulf,Gandolf, Phileas Fogg, Bilbo Baggins,or Thomas the Tank Engine? Maybe I am sounding a wee bit Mertonish, but that is better than writing like Siam Superfly :D

OMG , you have the audacity to critise my grammar when you open with "most my posts are good"

Personally I think your writing style has more in common with Bernard Trink than any of the above mentioned writers :o

I know mine is no better , but YOU started it

Edited by ThaiPauly

For a change.................FOR A CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! most my posts are good, some brilliant. After I write a masterpiece I sit back and read, wondering when this litery genius will be discovered. When will I rank among the greats? Shakespeare,H.G.Wells,Tolkein, Ibsen,Tolstoy and Enid Blyton. When will my charactors become household names, like Beowulf,Gandolf, Phileas Fogg, Bilbo Baggins,or Thomas the Tank Engine? Maybe I am sounding a wee bit Mertonish, but that is better than writing like Siam Superfly :D

U rang :o ....

The Fly awaits the World Cup.......

I think your writing style has more in common with Bernard Trink

Nothing wrong with Trink...............I might even be him. After all 'The Farang Connection' was mentioned in his column a couple of times.

Anyway more imposing things on hand now. No time for any more one sided banter with you. WE'VE WOKEN THE FLY UP from his hibernation. My hands are full now.

Anyway Newcastle in the Quarters. At the Bridge thank God. No repeat of last years exit. (we hope)

Edited by lampard10