Farang Found Dead

sriracha john

It could be me you read about me next time!

Im depressed, very depressed! I wake every morning wishing that I hadnt. Nothing pleases me anymore, nothing interests me, I cant see a light at the end of the tunnel. I feel that my lifes over before it even got a chance to start.

Im not old, have not been run over by any Thai women, I have money and good health.

I see myself as an intelligent person, so why do I feel like this?

Im thinking of going back to Europe, but I only think that will make matters worse. I dont really want to take my own life but sometimes wish that it would just happen by itself.

Flame me is you want, this thread just made me realize how close I am to the edge.

Im depressed, very depressed! I wake every morning wishing that I hadnt. Nothing pleases me anymore, nothing interests me, I cant see a light at the end of the tunnel. I feel that my lifes over before it even got a chance to start.

Im not old, have not been run over by any Thai women, I have money and good health.

Im thinking of going back to Europe, but I only think that will make matters worse. I dont really want to take my own life but sometimes wish that it would just happen by itself.

Flame me is you want, this thread just made me realize how close I am to the edge.

please go see a doctor.

you may be manic depressive.

this is a treatable disorder.

Dear SoiHund,

By addressing your concerns in this forum you may be barking up the wrong tree.

A jaded appetite for life is quite normal and most find the therapeutic value of alcohol to be beneficial although Chang should be avoided at all costs.

Returning to Europe could have a masochistic value but it may be cheaper and more rewarding if you were to seek out a good analyst. I can recommend several who practice in Long Gun, Soi Cowboy. Their rates are quite reasonable but over time can mount up thus draining your apparently ample funds. Looking on the bright side, this would give you something real to worry about.

PM if you need any more advice.

Of course, only a qualified professional can decide.... but does sound like your difficulties?

Depression, which affects people of all ages, income, race, and cultures, is a disturbance of mood and is characterized by a loss of interest or pleasure in normal everyday activities. People who are depressed may feel "down in the dumps" for weeks, months, or even years at a time.

Either depressed mood or decreased interest or pleasure.

Mood. For most of nearly every day, feels depressed or appears depressed to others.

Interests. For most of nearly every day, interest or pleasure is markedly decreased in nearly all activities.

Eating and weight. Although not dieting, there is a marked loss or gain of weight (such as five percent in one month) or appetite is markedly decreased or increased nearly every day.

Sleep. Nearly every day, sleeps excessively or not enough.

Motor activity. Nearly every day others can see that activity is stimulated or slowed.

Fatigue. Nearly every day there is fatigue or loss of energy.

Self-worth. Nearly every day, feels worthless or inappropriately guilty. These feelings are not just about being sick.

Concentration. Nearly every day is indecisive or has trouble thinking or concentrating.

Death. Has had repeated thoughts about death (other than the fear of dying), suicide (with or without a plan) or has made a suicide attempt.

These symptoms cause important distress or impair work, social or personal functioning.

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you agree this sounds like your difficulties, I would STRONGLY encourage you to seek that qualifed professional.

Feel free to private message me if you want and I will assist you to contact the appropriate professional.

Dear SoiHund,

<- irresponsible crap deleted ->

I don't think I've read a more irresponsible post in my entire time on Thaivisa.

I would suggest that mods delete it.

Edited by sriracha john

Of course, only a qualified professional can decide.... but does sound like your difficulties?

Depression, which affects people of all ages, income, race, and cultures, is a disturbance of mood and is characterized by a loss of interest or pleasure in normal everyday activities. People who are depressed may feel "down in the dumps" for weeks, months, or even years at a time.

Either depressed mood or decreased interest or pleasure.

Mood. For most of nearly every day, feels depressed or appears depressed to others.

Interests. For most of nearly every day, interest or pleasure is markedly decreased in nearly all activities.

Eating and weight. Although not dieting, there is a marked loss or gain of weight (such as five percent in one month) or appetite is markedly decreased or increased nearly every day.

Sleep. Nearly every day, sleeps excessively or not enough.

Motor activity. Nearly every day others can see that activity is stimulated or slowed.

Fatigue. Nearly every day there is fatigue or loss of energy.

Self-worth. Nearly every day, feels worthless or inappropriately guilty. These feelings are not just about being sick.

Concentration. Nearly every day is indecisive or has trouble thinking or concentrating.

Death. Has had repeated thoughts about death (other than the fear of dying), suicide (with or without a plan) or has made a suicide attempt.

These symptoms cause important distress or impair work, social or personal functioning.

-------------------------------------------------------------

If you agree this sounds like your difficulties, I would STRONGLY encourage you to seek that qualifed professional.

Feel free to private message me if you want and I will assist you to contact the appropriate professional.

Dear SoiHund,

<- irresponsible crap deleted ->

I don't think I've read a more irresponsible post in my entire time on Thaivisa.

I would suggest that mods delete it.

Oh pardon me. Your tack is of course the only response appropriate. I didn't realise that proxy psychoanalysis was another of your areas of expertise. Furthermore, I should apologise for my post which was directed at someone trolling. Clearly, your grasp of cyber reality is greater than mine and I bow my head in abject shame in not spotting that Soidog is in fact a poor distressed soul in need of urgent medical attention.

Police found Bt230 in cash on the man and found three bottles of drinking water, a roll of Sellotape and a 7-Eleven shopping bag.

Maybe the 7-eleven shopping bag had earlier contained a large amount of 'used banknotes' or am I just being cynical?

Oh pardon me. Your tack is of course the only response appropriate. I didn't realise that proxy psychoanalysis was another of your areas of expertise. Furthermore, I should apologise for my post which was directed at someone trolling. Clearly, your grasp of cyber reality is greater than mine and I bow my head in abject shame in not spotting that Soidog is in fact a poor distressed soul in need of urgent medical attention.

You SHOULD be ashamed.

It's called benefit of the doubt... and that is why your response is utterly crap and totally irresponsible.

:o

You SHOULD be ashamed.

It's called benefit of the doubt... and that is why your response is utterly crap and totally irresponsible.

My dear gentle, sweet Sriracha, there is no doubt. Have a look again at the syntax, vocabulary and punctuation. Seem familiar?

In any event unlike yourself, I was a mental nurse in a previous life and believe me my approach has an efficacy.

But let us move on.

I feel sad for the poor fellow who apparently took his life.

The only thing we can do besides respond on a anonymous bb is to think of a few people and call them to say a nice thing or maybe give a beggar the benefit of the doubt.

It couldn't hurt the karma.

About ten years ago a young German man staying at the bungalow resort next door ate his breakfast, walked out the door and hanged himself from a tree in the forest. And it was most definitely a suicide.

maybe the British had got up early and reserved all the sunbeds.

I give you the benefit of doubt.

There is another solution other than going back to Europe.

Thailand has some very capable psychiatric hospitals, for example the "Somdej Chao Praya hospital" on the Thonburi side of the river. I would suggest going there.

You SHOULD be ashamed.

My dear gentle, sweet Sriracha, there is no doubt. Have a look again at the syntax, vocabulary and punctuation. Seem familiar?

In any event unlike yourself, I was a mental nurse in a previous life and believe me my approach has an efficacy.

But let us move on.

Your assumption is entirely too uncertain and leaves a great deal of doubt as it's based upon what? syntax?... You are willing to risk a potentially life-threatening situation on such flimsy supposition?

As an example, your assumption I have no background in psychiatry is completely erroneous.

That's why your "approach" is unadulterated crap.... it does a disservice to the entire field of mental health. Thank God for the miracle you are no longer in the field.

Now, we can move on.

:D

SJ,

Gullibility seems to be the mainstay of most forums. This is proving no exception I fear.

Were you a long term patient?

Now, I will be moving on......it'll soon be time for my shift on the Samaritans switchboard.

Edited by the gent

Cigarette burns? Plastic bag? And the police think it is suicide because only farangs would tie the knot that way...? I would say this guy had probably insulted the wrong policeman or owed money to the wrong person... Does Sgt Somchai have a cousin working in Lumphini? :o

http://www.thairath.co.th/thairath1/2549/p...feb/21/p1_7.php

Edited by lingling

Cigarette burns? Plastic bag? And the police think it is suicide because only farangs would tie the knot that way...? I would say this guy had probably insulted the wrong policeman or owed money to the wrong person... Does Sgt Somchai have a cousin working in Lumphini? :o

http://www.thairath.co.th/thairath1/2549/p...feb/21/p1_7.php

Like you wouldn't think he may just be another Farang that has lost everything and just can't cope ?

There are so many Farangs in Thailand that are in a desperate state, it's no surprise to me that there are a few suicides happening.

Thousands top themselves in UK every year, what's the big surprise that a few farangs come to Thailand and do the same thing, many come to Thailand with big dreams and end up with nothing, I have seen many many Farangs over the years that just think life is not worth living anymore, luckily most end up getting back to their own countries somehow, face whatever debts or Police actions they have, then realise life isn't that bad after all.

Seems strange to me that whenever a Farang commits suicide in Thailand, many people assume it is a murder, yet when Thousands are killing themselves every year in European countries it is purely another suicide.

:D

Maigo6,

The difference is in the way the police go about their respective jobs.

In the LOS many supposed suicides aren't/can't be suicides, due to the surrounding facts (hands tied behind the back and a plastic bag over their head), yet the MiB decide it's suicide.

In a Western country this wouldn't happen as easily. Just IMHO of course.

I fully agree with the fact that there a lot of people in Thailand who may want to or do top themselves, it's just the way it's done sometimes would call for a bit more indepth research by the MiB, but unfortunately is most of the times lacking.

Like you wouldn't think he may just be another Farang that has lost everything and just can't cope ?

There are so many Farangs in Thailand that are in a desperate state, it's no surprise to me that there are a few suicides happening.

Thousands top themselves in UK every year, what's the big surprise that a few farangs come to Thailand and do the same thing, many come to Thailand with big dreams and end up with nothing, I have seen many many Farangs over the years that just think life is not worth living anymore, luckily most end up getting back to their own countries somehow, face whatever debts or Police actions they have, then realise life isn't that bad after all.

Seems strange to me that whenever a Farang commits suicide in Thailand, many people assume it is a murder, yet when Thousands are killing themselves every year in European countries it is purely another suicide.

I am sure there are tons of farang suicides here, but judging from the photographs it is obvious that it can not be a suicide. Thus, when the police immediately conclude it is a suicide then I begin to smell something rotten...

lingling,

drop a line to your local consulate or embassy requesting written confirmation of the number of your nationals who died in Thailand 2004. The statistics will be discoverable under relevant legislation in your own country. I am in the throes of organizing a more comprehensive review of deaths occurring within the Kingdom of farang but in the meantime sentient people such as yourself can contribute as you think fit.

lingling,

drop a line to your local consulate or embassy requesting written confirmation of the number of your nationals who died in Thailand 2004. The statistics will be discoverable under relevant legislation in your own country. I am in the throes of organizing a more comprehensive review of deaths occurring within the Kingdom of farang but in the meantime sentient people such as yourself can contribute as you think fit.

Hmm that be an interesting website idea - farang death count tracker :o !!!

Also could be some weird autoerotic asphyxia thing going on, that is not too uncommon either. Didn't some British MP die that way a few years back?

Yes I recall this. He had an orange in his mouth too which they said increases (also weird but common they said) the intensity of the ejaculation.

I don't think autoerotica is involved in this case. It's either suicide or murder. Only forensics will be able to figure it out.. and that shouldn't be too hard to determine.