Cannot Access Italian Embassy Website

Has anyone tried to access the website for the Italian embassy in Bangkok? My wife (Thai) and I want to visit Italy where her daughter lives. We plan on going early this summer. Supposedly vfs global is the company that takes care of the application process for the Italian embassy. On the vfs global websites there are several links to the embassy website for information about documents required, the application form, etc., but when I click on these links or even try to go directly to the embassy website I get a "cannot connect" message. Does anyone have any information or experienced a similar problem. I am simply trying to find out everything about what is needed before we schedule an appointment and make the trip to Bangkok. We live in Udon Thani, and cannot be making multiple trips there due to not having everything we need to submit a successful application.

Appreciate any help or advice that can be offered.

Are you an EU National?

If so you do not need all the documents, you will need proof that you and your wife are married (Marriage certificate, and translation into English or even better Italian), your passport and copies and proof that you are traveling together to Italy. There is also no fee for the Visa however, VFS may charge for collection of the paperwork.

Are you an EU National?

If so you do not need all the documents, you will need proof that you and your wife are married (Marriage certificate, and translation into English or even better Italian), your passport and copies and proof that you are traveling together to Italy. There is also no fee for the Visa however, VFS may charge for collection of the paperwork.

Unfortunately, I am not an EU National. I'm from the U.S. Thanks for the information.

Hi tutone

Tried both links -- both accessed fine.........

Some problem with your service provider ????

Maybe. Doesn't work with wife's computer either. Will ask some local folks to give it a try. Thanks everyone for replies.

• 1 month later...

The webiste worked for me, but after filling out the form, click validate or submit, it doesn't do anything...

Called vfsglobal, they said it's impossible to walk in and make the appointment...only possible through the internet...Told them what about for people who don't use computer, or blind people..they said get help from someone..hmmm!!!!