Diphtheria

wilcopops

I recently had an accident. forgot to duck 555, but had 4 stitches. I received some injections, would one of these possibly been anti tetanus? All I remember was my wife telling the staff what I meant by ow.

Is it recommended to take these booster jabs? I havent had a vaccination for decades either.

In that case you may want to get a Hepatitis A jab also as that has not been available that long (or A-B if you never had the B shots). For Tetanus below is recommendation.

Mayo Clinic

It's recommended that adolescents get a dose of Tdap, preferably between the ages of 11 and 12, and that a Td booster be given every 10 years thereafter. If you've never received a dose of Tdap, substitute it for your next Td booster dose and then continue on with Td boosters.

If you're traveling internationally, it's a good idea to have up-to-date immunity because tetanus may be more common where you're visiting, especially if you're traveling to a developing country. If you receive a deep or dirty wound and it's been more than five years since your last booster shot, get another booster shot.