Abhisit Stripped Of Military Record

webfact

Khun Abhisit should talk to the Deputy PM Chalerm. He managed to restore a commission in the face of a long un-authorised absence of the young officer involved not to mention serious allegations of involvement in a crime resulting the death of a police officer.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Finally, some accountability regarding Thai politicians and their corruption. I couldn't think of a better person to begin with....bravo!

Frankly, Abhisit should resign as an MP for this, it's really a scandal and a disgrace. I hope the public speaks up and demands his resignation.

For what?? The Army concluded years ago that nothing was wrong. It's only political. Same as the push against the BMA sky train extension.

sent from my Q6

The Dem party is the political wing of the junta. Any surprise no case to answer. He is not protesting his innocence in any great way. Silence tells its story. If he lied about this can we believe anything this man says M'lord

Hardly. The military are and have always been a distinct faction in Thai real-politik with a symbiotic relationship with the monarchy. The Dem party on the other hand are a confederation of royalists, old guard interests and politico-gangsters who didn't Thaksin's offer, who together have the strongest brand on the political market after PTP.

Edited by Trembly

Interesting that it is the minestry of defence that has done this and not the army.

Sure I read some time back that the army had investigated Khun A many years ago and found nothing wrong.

Counldnt possibly be political could it?

Wasn't he stripped of it a couple of months ago by this ridiculous ministry ...? And they are stripping him again ... well there will be 3rd stripping I guess as never 2 without 3... Man this is sooooo ridiculous .. !! And at the end of the day who really cares ... Strip all you want ...! Where is that going to get you ??

A public figure caught lying is effectively stripped of any honour he may....or may not have. Good prosecution titbit for future trials against Abhisit

Does that mean that other public figure deserves the same, include little white lies?

Or the many lies of other serving Pollys in the PT party , then we have the red leaders who told lies from their stage and are now MP's

• Like 1

I don't believe it. He was and is a good man. That's the trouble it doesn't pay to be nice here or any where.

what about this, written before this blew up and while he was just elected as PM?

is there anything in this you refute?

http://blog.nationmultimedia.com/print.php?id=7478

What more gossip with no facts. . Can you say for sure that it's true????

sent from my Q6

I don't believe it. He was and is a good man. That's the trouble it doesn't pay to be nice here or any where.

what about this, written before this blew up and while he was just elected as PM?

is there anything in this you refute?

http://blog.nationmu...int.php?id=7478

The interesting part of the blog from December 2008 is what is described as "Here are the FACTS:". Especially the 'somehow illegal', 'faked Sor Dor 43' and "the military officers involved in the application process have already been punished."

Surely the latest MoD committee, which ruled on the 'Abhisit case' and came to the conclusion he should be strippped of his rank, and the MoD Sukumpol who approved the decision, will gain tremendous support from the THai population when they finally get around releasing details on what they based their verdict on. Till that time we can all state as FACT whatever we want. As a matter of fact, that is ermm.gif

Edited by rubl

seems weird that someone who obviously prefers abhisit to thaksin and doesn't like thaksin would just make it up, but oh well.

it all just seems too logical too doesn't it, like it makes too much sense?

Do you prefer logical over accurate? Anybody with a knowledge of Thaksin and his corruption would prefer Abhisit.

What court would accept a murder charge against someone that wasn't actually there at the time and didn't give a specific order to kill people. Can you supply one precedent.

The charge is wrong pure and simple.

The UK opted out of the EU war crimes court because they were worried Thatcher and Blair would have been at risk.

It's a political trumped up charge - the same as medieval European kings used to do to get rid of or pressure their enemies. The UK recognises the stupidity often eminating from EU courts. Hopefully the Thai judicial system will treat these charges with the contempt they deserve.

'Stupidity often emanating from European courts' . . .

Are you an avid SUN reader?

I guess you are blessed with the most brilliant judicial system on the planet, never a bit of stupidity there . . . or would you care to discuss immigration, clerics, assault victims and assailants etc . . .

Rule Britannia, eh . . . nothing like a one-eyed fool to think Europe is one

seems weird that someone who obviously prefers abhisit to thaksin and doesn't like thaksin would just make it up, but oh well.

it all just seems too logical too doesn't it, like it makes too much sense?

Assuming this is in response to my reply on the link you provided (#131 follows #130 I think), you probably refer to

"One might say: if he has to choose between Thaksin and a military draft dodger, he would go for the latter. My point is not about choosing between the two though. It's about principles and values."

Seems weird indeed. One might say, but he didn't, now did he? He explicitly refrained from saying "choosing between a fugitive criminal

and k. Abhisit". He just remarks on principles and values in general. rolleyes.gif

So back to waiting for details either directly from the MoD or via the court case which was lodged in November, 2012 by k. Abhisit.wai.gif

Edited by rubl