No Highspeed Internet Available

jcb2001

Just curious, is there anyone in Issan plagued with slow and low speed internet? I live about 6 kms from Big C in Ubon and to the life of me, can not find any high speed internet for my home. I see a 3BB truck working on a line only about 1 km from my home, but when I ask, they say it is not available in my area. With my DTAC aircard, I just barely get by. Not even enough speed to upload a picture, before my system times out.

Is there anyone who is in the same situation and found a remedy to get around this. Are their any other alternatives? Thanks.

It's available from 3BB alla round the town long time already as i deal with 3BB many times and i have more than 10Meg line in home and business and we do live 40km out from town but related with Ubon 3BB office.

But as always they do not speak Eng in there, but line is working very good and no cutting problems last 3yrs already

Sorry i forgot,, we have Fiberoptic cable in here already long time, line is good

Edited by MarcoH

Go into the 3BB office in the SK building in Ubon and ask them if you can get an internet connection. No point asking the linesmen as they are only laying the line where they are told to. We got our 3BB transferred into our new house and they ran the cable from a reasonable distance with no problems.

Sounds like you are all set up. I have talked to 3BB sales reps in both the Grand Sunee and Big C and they tell me the same thing. Its not available in my area. From what I can gather from your comments, you both live in large villages. If you have fiberoptics, then you are light years ahead of us in the country. I live with riceland all around me. Not a lot of homes or businesses near, although a lot of land has been bought up recently by Bangkok land speculators. I did invest in a TOT satellite for internet several years ago, but it was very expensive and not high speed. Guess I'll just have to wait and suffer till some company decides to offer it here. By the way, I live in between Kham Yai and Baan Pla dook, in Na Dun Noi. Both of these villages are serviced by 3BB, but not where I live in Na Dun Noi. Thanks for your comments.

Another option is ask the TOT office at the corner of the ring road and the main Ubon - Warin Rd. They are located just near the chinese school and not far from Big C. I have friends who live 100 kms from Ubon and as its more rural than Ubon city TOT will be the only supplier. I tried to google your village name and came up with something near the Amnat Charoen road. I would have thought TOT would have something around there. Good luck as I know how frustrating a slow internet connection would be.

TOT may be my only answer. I use to use them, but recently moved out of our old home. I had to pay to have them run telephone line to my old house. Even then, it was nowhere near real high speed. I think the best I got on rare occasions was maybe 1 mps. I am reluctant to pay them again to run telephone wire and get bad service like before. But, I have heard they are offering 10 meg now, a vast improvement over what they use to offer.

While you wait for ToT or 3BB to sort something out, switch to a Truemove aircard* instead, and you should be able to pickup 3G, as truemove has a significantly wider coverage than DTAC (I very very rarely don't have 3G on my phone since I switched, even when I'm in very rural areas, and when I don't have 3G, I don't even have any coverage).

* Someone told me apparently you need an iphone or samsung galaxy phone to pickup the 3G they have in some areas. I don't believe that, but since I have an iphone, I've never been able to verify that lol.

I would also suggest TOT they have a service called wi-net its a small antenna they attach to your house, if you are close enough to a cellular tower you can get 10mbs for around 600 baht a month. My friend has it works great. Were I live I'm in a dead area so I got to find 10 people in my village who want internet never gonna happen or pay 30 000 baht I think I'll wait Good luck.

Sent from my Nexus 7

I would also suggest TOT they have a service called wi-net its a small antenna they attach to your house, if you are close enough to a cellular tower you can get 10mbs for around 600 baht a month. My friend has it works great. Were I live I'm in a dead area so I got to find 10 people in my village who want internet never gonna happen or pay 30 000 baht I think I'll wait Good luck.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Never heard of wi-net. And only about 600 baht? This may be my answer. The only problem is dealing with TOT. Last time I cancelled my sevice, I kept getting billed even though my contract had expired. Now, TOT is on my black list, but if they can offer me highspeed for only 600 baht, then I may look into it.