Bullying Red Shirt Tenants Beat Elderly Landlord

webfact

Bullying Red Shirt Tenants Beat Elderly Landlord

red.jpeg

A 53-year-old landlord in Sriracha was badly beaten by a group of tenants after refusing to illegally re-hook the electricity to their rooms. The men claimed to be security officers of the Red Shirts party. The victim’s elderly wife had been bullied into letting the tenants rent the rooms.

On January 2, 2013, at 1 p.m., a report of a Sriracha landlord being beaten by tenants for refusing to hook up their electricity was received by Pol. Sub. Lt. Nitiphum Rattanawannee, investigation officer at Laem Chabang police station.

Filing the complaint was the victim’s wife, Mrs. Chalee Chaisang, age 67, living in Laem Chabang, Sriracha. Ms. Chalee said several tenants had been illegally tapping into electricity from an electric pole connected to her house meter. The Sriracha electricity authority had already cut out the meter due to failure to pay the electric bill.

But the tenants then demanded that her husband re-connect the electricity to their apartments. But she refused their demand. When her husband, Mr. Pin Burana, also refused them, the angry tenants beat him unconscious. Mr. Pin, who is 53 years old, needed many days of bed rest to recover from his beating, so his wife came to the police.

Mrs. Chalee explained that she is the former owner of a well-known restaurant in Laem Chabang beach, which she operated for 30 years. But because she is getting old, she retired from the business and modified her restaurant to be a guesthouse with rental rooms.

About 11 months ago, her neighbor Mr. Samruay Malathip brought her a prospective tenant, “Mr. Lek” (alias). Mr. Lek claimed to be a security guard for a minister in the Red Shirt political activist party. He told Mrs. Chalee he wanted to rent a room and a parking space for his 6-wheel truck.

Mrs. Chalee assumed he must be an honorable person, since he was with the Red Shirt party. But in the following month, Mr. Lek brought his friends to live in her rental rooms. He threatened her to allow them to stay, because they were the subordinates of the minister and with the officials of the Laem Chabang Port Authority.

Mrs. Chalee didn’t want to have problems with the bullying men, because she is almost 70 years old, so she consented to be threatened. However, later her husband Mr. Pin was beaten by them, after he refused to re-hook their electricity illegally. Her husband was blockaded by 3 men while Mr. Lek beat him until he was unconscious, and Mr. Pim was injured with many serious bruises on his body.

After beating her husband, the bullying tenants then re-connected the electricity themselves for their use. The group of men threatened and forbid anyone to stop them. If anyone takes out the electricity line from the electricity pole, they will kill them, the Red Shirt tenants warned. [more...]

Full story: http://www.pattayada...derly-landlord/

-- Pattaya Daily News 2013-01-03

footer_n.gif

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Later Mr. Pin was brought home to recover from his injuries. On the 4th day Mr. Pin regained consciousness. He realized he had been beaten until he was severely injured, so he came to notify the police to prosecute the suspects further according to the law.

Comatosed for four days thats a hells of a beating for a 70 year old guy, these guys are bloody animals. Why would these guys believe that being a redshirt not only places them above the laws but societies morals as well?

Edited by waza
  • Like 1

Who still thinks the red shirts are good people after this incident? Doesn't give a lot of hope for the country. Lets hope more of thier activities are made known to the public.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect App

They claimed to be red shirts. That may have just been an intimidation ploy. Regardless. condemning a whole group based on the actions of 3 individuals is unreasonable (in my opinion).

Or indicative of whats to come should the Red Thugs seize full control?

• Like 2

Who still thinks the red shirts are good people after this incident? Doesn't give a lot of hope for the country. Lets hope more of thier activities are made known to the public.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect App

They claimed to be red shirts. That may have just been an intimidation ploy. Regardless. condemning a whole group based on the actions of 3 individuals is unreasonable (in my opinion). If the shooter at the New Years celebration was found to be a democrat would that justify condemning all democrats?

It's pretty simple really. It's the action of the rest of the red shirts that will condemn them over the actions of these 3 individuals. I very much the red shirts will punish these 3 nor expel them from the movement.

• Like 1

If the events did indeed occur as described (and I have no reason to think that they did not), it is a horrible, shameful event and the perpetrators should be punished to the fullest extent of the law. Shirt color or political affiliation is irrelevant.

That'll amount to about Bt200 fine & a smack on the wrist then.. ohh as their "red's" probably 6 months to pay the fine off in installments.

Just like the security officers of the Red Shirts party and the protest or 2010 and this is how they ran the demonstrations, forcing there will on the locals of Bangkok. They are just like their leader and have no respect for the law of the land or the good people of this land. The Pue Thai and the Red Shirt movement are a descries to this country and how the rest of the world see the why they are to Thailand. I only can hope that a new government will help Thailand and restore Democracy and work to stamp out corruption in the government.

• Like 1

If the events did indeed occur as described (and I have no reason to think that they did not), it is a horrible, shameful event and the perpetrators should be punished to the fullest extent of the law. Shirt color or political affiliation is irrelevant.

Indeed, completely irrelevant but you'd never guess that from the article, the headline or the way the journalist has made the "red shirts" tagline the main focus of his story. I love the way this is then seized upon by TV members as definitive proof that all Red Shirt supporters are violent thugs... never a broad generalisation or sweeping statement made on TV!

I'm guessing similar sentiments would be expressed if they had been described as "Black tenants" or "Muslim Tenants"...It would of course be quite fair and proper to use the alleged wrong doings of a few individuals to make assertions about an entire race, nationality, religious or political group... but only of course if it suits your particular agenda. One would of course have to be pretty unbalanced to make such a leap of logic...

I doubt they will get much help from the tomato police,

I use the term police very loosely.

"Mrs. Chalee assumed he must be an honorable person, since he was with the Red Shirt party."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

One thing people should start to learn is that red shirt are definately not honourable, they are leeches, and they will never pay for anything in their whole life. Be it taxes, land, electricity or whatever!

• Like 2

Sorry take off your blinkers and react in a way that indicates some measure of common sense and openly applied logic. I'm afraid your comments simply serve as a window to your own personal prejudices.

You have no idea that their political sympathies had anything to do with their tenancy; a deposit and references are the more usual formalities. Similarly you have no idea whether or not these allegations hold any water. You are taking allegations, here say & selective quotes obtained from selective questioning and forming these into "facts" to support your rants... not a great start! Should we do the same with the Abhisit case? Is he actually a murderous thug because he has been accused or should we perhaps wait an actual trial and conviction before labelling him such and extending that label to all his peers simply by proxy?

What Mrs Chalee assumed is irrelevant as is what political party the alleged attackers support, their skin colour, their religious leanings and what they ate for breakfast; these points are all similarly and equally irrelevant!

These men were also Thai nationals and devote Buddhists. Would the alleged actions of these men be definitive proof that all Thais and all Buddhists are morally corrupt and violent? Or perhaps because they are men we should take it as definitive proof that all men are violent?! Personally I think one need only read the headline to get a good indication that this incident is being politicised and used as a deliberate propaganda tool... Bullying tenants beat Landlord would have sufficed if the intention wasn't to pervert the incident into a political tool. Pretty shameful really.

Terrible incident and if the allegations are true these guys should be tried, convicted and jailed post haste but I don't see that the responsibility for their actions rests with anyone but themselves as individuals.

It's not like the PTP or Red Shirt's ever politicize anything... i guess its fine for them to do so, but should anyone else dare to try... (double standards!)

Sorry take off your blinkers and react in a way that indicates some measure of common sense and openly applied logic. I'm afraid your comments simply serve as a window to your own personal prejudices.

You have no idea that their political sympathies had anything to do with their tenancy; a deposit and references are the more usual formalities. Similarly you have no idea whether or not these allegations hold any water. You are taking allegations, here say & selective quotes obtained from selective questioning and forming these into "facts" to support your rants... not a great start! Should we do the same with the Abhisit case? Is he actually a murderous thug because he has been accused or should we perhaps wait an actual trial and conviction before labelling him such and extending that label to all his peers simply by proxy?

What Mrs Chalee assumed is irrelevant as is what political party the alleged attackers support, their skin colour, their religious leanings and what they ate for breakfast; these points are all similarly and equally irrelevant!

These men were also Thai nationals and devote Buddhists. Would the alleged actions of these men be definitive proof that all Thais and all Buddhists are morally corrupt and violent? Or perhaps because they are men we should take it as definitive proof that all men are violent?! Personally I think one need only read the headline to get a good indication that this incident is being politicised and used as a deliberate propaganda tool... Bullying tenants beat Landlord would have sufficed if the intention wasn't to pervert the incident into a political tool. Pretty shameful really.

Terrible incident and if the allegations are true these guys should be tried, convicted and jailed post haste but I don't see that the responsibility for their actions rests with anyone but themselves as individuals.

Here we go again, let bring out that old chestnut. But what about Ahibist? What the hell does he have to do with this post. Try sticking to the topic for a change. This constant misdirection is a poor defence and illistrates the lack of credability of your arguement.

Wow, selective reading to go with your selective reasoning!

IMHO my entire post was well on topic and while I don't believe it's your or my place to monitor whether it is or isn't, I do feel your reaction falls a tad short. Rather than responding to the one line in my post that drew a comparison to the Abhisit case, in a deliberate effort to appeal to rational thought even in your evidently biased mind, try responding to the actual content!!!

If your logic was sound I could write off every group of people under the sun as violent thugs in one post, with supporting evidence! Women, men, Christians, Muslims, entire races and creeds will be brushed aside by my cunning use of Waza's "Bad Apple" Logic... or we could just use some modicum of common sense thumbsup.gif

Edited by Ferangled
  • Like 2

Indeed, completely irrelevant but you'd never guess that from the article, the headline or the way the journalist has made the "red shirts" tagline the main focus of his story. I love the way this is then seized upon by TV members as definitive proof that all Red Shirt supporters are violent thugs... never a broad generalisation or sweeping statement made on TV!

I'm guessing similar sentiments would be expressed if they had been described as "Black tenants" or "Muslim Tenants"...It would of course be quite fair and proper to use the alleged wrong doings of a few individuals to make assertions about an entire race, nationality, religious or political group... but only of course if it suits your particular agenda. One would of course have to be pretty unbalanced to make such a leap of logic...

The red shirts hardly have a reputation for acts of benevolence do they?!!